Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

• Paid Members

Thats what we said as well. It seemed more like a live shoot interview with a bit of humour thrown in more than a stand up act. All the crowd were wrestling fans, so he was never going to bomb onstage. Someone mentioned it was supposed to be much shorter than that, and the Q&A was supposed to go longer. Two questions wasn't much of a Q&A.

What was he like when you met him before? I've heard he was a bit of a cock, but he came across well when we met him.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats what we said as well. It seemed more like a live shoot interview with a bit of humour thrown in more than a stand up act. All the crowd were wrestling fans, so he was never going to bomb onstage. Someone mentioned it was supposed to be much shorter than that, and the Q&A was supposed to go longer. Two questions wasn't much of a Q&A.

What was he like when you met him before? I've heard he was a bit of a cock, but he came across well when we met him.

They must have heard that Ian of the UKFF was coming. Night before we had 7/8 questions

• Paid Members

I was in the crowd that queued up to the door into the Bistro bar from the stalls at the Newcastle show. Gutted that we got moved to the back of the other queue.

People next to me were alright, we all had a collective go at one guy who kept saying "I've got to catch my last metro" and proceeded to over the course of the queue to push in front of about 30-40 people (seriously).

It was a guy I recognise from a few IWF shows, tempted to have words with him next time I see him. As I guess a few others who get to the shows and also were at Foley will be. He did not make any friends that night.

Anyway, really enjoyed the show, Chris Brooker was hilarious, as was Billy and Stefan (nice to see Judge Mental again). I enjoyed Foley. I agree it wasn't really stand up comedy, more a collection of anecdotes, but I thought what he had to say was interesting. Been re-telling the Al Snow jokes all weekend.

*You Suck*

I was well annoyed that some cunts booed The Rock's name. I also think I was the only one who responded positively to the mention of Eric Bischoff (fuck the fact that he was the heel in the Tony Schiavone story. The Bisch is The Bisch).

I have to also admit that the Back to the Future references whizzed over my head like the DeLorean itself :blush:

Was at early show in London last night. Good fun show but was more of a comedy shoot than a stand up, and as someone else mentioned, Foley was never going to die on stage with the wrestling-heavy audience.

I'm a Foley mark so I loved it and will def go back again in February. Highly recommended to any Foley fans.

Sidenote: Alex Shane (who seemed to be involved with filming the show) and Ross Jordan (RJ Singh) were in the crowd. Jordan even queued up to get merch signed and a photo!

Mick Foley Video Interview

My colleague and I host a London Radio show "The Stand up sit down" on 101.4 ONFM. On this show we interview stand up comedians about their craft and history in the business and since we're both indy wrestlers ourselves we couldn't have asked for a more perfect guest than Mick Foley.

We were lucky enough to secure 10 minutes of Mick's time at the Leicester Square theatre before he went out for his second show of the evening where we were able to quiz him on his experiences in the stand up game and his plans to continue this further. Check out the video at:-

http://www.laughorcrytv.com/mickfoley

Hope you enjoy the video and I urge you to take a look at the other assorted blogs, video and columns on my co-hosts site, anyone who is a fan of wrestling, madness and the insane situations that result in following your dreams should get a kick out of it.

• Paid Members
Want to know why I'm angry about the @gigglebeats review that didn't seem all that bad? The writer, @andrewdipper was quoted as saying "great show" as he left my Glasgow show. So I expected his review of the Newcastle gig, which I felt was stronger than Glasgow, to reflect that type of sentiment. As silly as the name sounds, Gigglebeats is very influential. A so-so review from a reviewer who actually felt the show was, to quote Dipper himself "great", would be like getting a so-so New York Times Book review from a critic who actually loved the book. It's one thing to have thin skin about a review. It's something entirely different when there is the possibility that the reviewer is not being honest in his review - at the expense of the person being reviewed. I went down this path in 2003, when the positive reviews of my first novel were cast aside for a negative New York Times review. Likewise, the opinions of thousands of enthusiastic fans will mean relatively little compared to an influential review that may not reflect the way the reviewer actually felt. "Great show" in Gigglebeats would have been a huge deal. Yes, I'm angry, and deservedly so.

Was Andrew Dipper misquoted in Glasgow? Was he just being polite? Did he feel that Glasgow was simply a better show than Newcastle? Or was review less than honest? I'd like an answer.

Jesus, wept.

Archived