Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

I was gonna take the novel the other night because I love that book and I heard he gets a massive erection if anyone brings it to a signing, but I couldn't find my copy. And we didn't stay for the signing anyway, we went to Tesco and she had a strop because I took ages and put a wrestling magazine in the trolley.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still can't get away with being surrounded by greasy haired, mouth breathing, spotty faced, awkward in every way grapple fans at these things but its a cross I have to bear.

Cheers. I'll just stay in the house next time :(

Some of them were a sight to behold, like. I couldn't believe the amount of red flannel shirts in attendance, each one doubtless thinking he'd had a brilliant and unique idea, like Father Ted doing Victor Meldrew's catchphrase for him. Luckily we somehow ended up in a row next to some foppish but inoffensive looking students and a couple of alright lasses, so we had a lucky escape.

We were in the top tier, over looking the action. That was probably us though. The way Foley reacted to the Tietum Brown novel was like he'd finally found the person who'd bought it. Some young lass absolutely tore this fat lad to bits for trying to push in. It was something to see. She went nuts "we've been in the line for ages, you can get to the back". Mental. It was mad, there was two fatties standing next to us and you could tell they were trying to squeeze in the line. How they thought anyone couldn't notice these sweaty barrels is beyond me.

How long did yous queue for? We just took a look at the size of the line, imagined what it was going to smell like after 15-20 cramped minutes, and thought better of it.

• Paid Members

We stood in the line and waited 30 minutes. We thought it was just in the next room but when we entered the next room there was another room. And when we went in that room there was fucking stairs. But compared to what some people waited, 30 minutes was a good time to wait. It didn't smell around our area, but there was some nutters about. As I mentioned earlier, some fat sweaty bastards were trying to push in on the off chance that a bunch of Mick Foley fans werent going to go on the defensive. They were wrong. People were calling them "cunts" and "fucking bastards" and all sorts. I think they gave in and went home in the end. In front of us was the woman who caught Socko as well. I put Mickfan on a mission to get the sock from her using his best lines, but she was a headcase and 20 stone. Neither of us wanted to end the night with a Mandible Claw from a fat lass.

How shit were those seats though? I'm not a big lad by any stretch, but I was squeezed into the little seating.

If she was that fat, it explains why the sock seemed to just sit there draped over the ledge of the upper tier for ages after he hoyed it before anyone made an effort to pick it up. And aye, the seats and rows were tiny, which I didn't really notice until I had to squeeze out of them for a piss about 20 minutes into the show and had to trample about three trenchcoats on my way out.

• Paid Members
If she was that fat, it explains why the sock seemed to just sit there draped over the ledge of the upper tier for ages after he hoyed it before anyone made an effort to pick it up.

I noticed that. She kept pointing at it asking if he wanted it back. Honestly. She wondered if Foley wanted the sock he just thrown at her. Why would you even think he wanted the sock back? Did she think it was like when Gene Simmons hands out backstage passes for a fuck after the show?

He was on fine form when I saw him a week or two ago. He had Ashley Strand warming up for him - some up and coming comedian on the local scene - doing this whole American guy in Cork gimmick which went down a storm. The crowd were really into it. Then Foley came out and the place went nuts. As has been mentioned I was shocked at the amount of people who brought red flannel shirts to the dance. There was plenty of the overweight, black clad brigade in attendance but most of the wrestling fans really were skinny, innocuous students. Decent crowd.

The biggest pop of the night was for the first Al Snow joke which got massive chants of head. At times he looked quite dismayed when smart chants broke out but fuck it. I have no problem and neither should he with his paying audience of absoloute nerds after a few pints having a good time. It didn't dominate the show and he looked like he was having a ball of a time for most of the night.

I got him to sign Foley Is Good in addition to the promo picture. By the time I got to him he had made it on to a stack of generic photos showing his three gimmicks but another group of friends I went with who were ahead of me got TNA promo pictures. I felt like I had the capacity to be a bit overzealous so I just thanked him for coming, gave him a bit of a cuddle, and shuffled off. He was in good form.

Is he still doing the spot with Angle's theme music? That was the best bit of the night for me.

Who were the supports last night? Im assuming Chris Brooker was still compere?

Yeah Brooker was compere (his joke about the flux capaceter on car insurance had me actually trying to hold in me laugh at a comedy gig cause I didn't want to overplay it) A Scotsman called Billy Kirkwood was also good and a local comedian, Steffan Peddie was brilliant. Warmed the crowd up just nice.

If she was that fat, it explains why the sock seemed to just sit there draped over the ledge of the upper tier for ages after he hoyed it before anyone made an effort to pick it up.

I noticed that. She kept pointing at it asking if he wanted it back. Honestly. She wondered if Foley wanted the sock he just thrown at her. Why would you even think he wanted the sock back? Did she think it was like when Gene Simmons hands out backstage passes for a fuck after the show?

That woman was fucking batshit. She kept talking jibberish to different people in the queue saying things like "I know you're Mam" and "Do you know Sharon? I think she's weird...but I'll still say hello to her" and constantly referenced that the lad next to her (who was trying his best to remain incognito) was her boyfriend whose only reply would be "shut up man!"

Ian & mickfan you must have been in the queue to meet foley next to me as I had her directly behind me talking utter bollocks for what felt like a lifetime. Loved the constant references to "thats my boyfriend" too. Fat thick cunt.

Good show. Chris brooker was very funny, other two comics less so. I didn't really feel that foley,s act was really stand up comedy - more like a one man show telling anecdotes, and would have liked to have seen a longer q&a. Got to meet the main man though, and he was in far better spirits than other times I've met him.

Archived