Mick Foley Stand Up

Dingo Warrior

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else been to a show yet? Was at the one tonight in Manchester, had a great time. What a bunch of freaks we all are, though. Nearly everyone there (and I include myself in this, as well as the compere and main act) looked like a complete stereotype of a wrestling fan.

I went last night. Had a great time! Loved the warm up acts (including Cena chanting a chap called David).

Meeting Mick was great too, huge fan of his for ages, so was delighted to share a few words with him - he seemed to spend ages with the fans who waited, as opposed to a quick sign of "those who wanted to get on public transport" (which seemed rather long).

Only small issue was the venue seating was a little cramped, and I was stuck between two gentlemen who were larger than me (I'm not small myself). Other than that, was great :)

• Paid Members

I'm going to this tomorrow night, with my good pal and UKFFer Mickfan. Should be fun. I hope my love for Foley can be reignited after all the horror stories you hear about him. I might pretend to be a comedy snob as opposed to a typical wrestling mouth breather (unless I give the game away) so I can have the moral upperhand in our meeting and he doesn't swat us away like I'm about to ask him "did it hurt when you fell off the cage, you mad head?"

So if your in the Newcastle area and you see the two good looking lads, dressed cool as fuck and brimming with charisma ... we'll be probably sitting behind them :(

I'm going to this tomorrow night, with my good pal and UKFFer Mickfan. Should be fun. I hope my love for Foley can be reignited after all the horror stories you hear about him. I might pretend to be a comedy snob as opposed to a typical wrestling mouth breather (unless I give the game away) so I can have the moral upperhand in our meeting and he doesn't swat us away like I'm about to ask him "did it hurt when you fell off the cage, you mad head?"

He did a Q & A, and before it he said "Don't ask me that!"

• Paid Members

We're heading over for the London show tomorrow, actually quite looking forward to it especially hearing good things about the show which I was sort of worried might be an abortion.

Gonna be a long day though, DJing a club in Cheltenham tonight and I've got to be back in Cardiff by 10am as one of my mates is driving and refused to pick me up en route.

• Paid Members

Went to this tonight. Was good. Enjoyed it. He went on for ages, though. They were set to do a Q&A afterwards, but literally only two questions were asked. One about Schiavone and one about Jimmy Snuka. Good night though. We met him afterwards to get his book signed, and he wasn't a complete knob, like I'd heard he was. In an inspired decision I had my Hulk Hogan Change t-shirt on (the first time I've ventured out the house in a wrestling tee since 2003) and Foley said "so when you meet Hulk Hogan are you going to wear a Mick Foley t-shirt?" and selling Hogan out to think of a reply I said "it wouldnt be worth bringing his book though". We both laughed, he shook my hand, I put my arm around him, he gave me a kiss on the cheek, I gave him a reach around, he gave me a Dirty Sanchez, I gave him a Rusty Trombone and we all went home happy. The warm up acts were fucking as fuck. A really good line up it was.

Mickfan met him and brought Tietum Brown to sign. Foley almost sucked him off. It was like his kid walked in the room "AAHHHH THE NOVEL" he said with a fuck off grin on his face. He was chuffed.

Went to this tonight. Was good. Enjoyed it. He went on for ages, though. They were set to do a Q&A afterwards, but literally only two questions were asked. One about Schiavone and one about Jimmy Snuka. Good night though. We met him afterwards to get his book signed, and he wasn't a complete knob, like I'd heard he was. In an inspired decision I had my Hulk Hogan Change t-shirt on (the first time I've ventured out the house in a wrestling tee since 2003) and Foley said "so when you meet Hulk Hogan are you going to wear a Mick Foley t-shirt?" and selling Hogan out to think of a reply I said "it wouldnt be worth bringing his book though". We both laughed, he shook my hand, I put my arm around him, he gave me a kiss on the cheek, I gave him a reach around, he gave me a Dirty Sanchez, I gave him a Rusty Trombone and we all went home happy. The warm up acts were fucking as fuck. A really good line up it was.

Mickfan met him and brought Tietum Brown to sign. Foley almost sucked him off. It was like his kid walked in the room "AAHHHH THE NOVEL" he said with a fuck off grin on his face. He was chuffed.

As above really. Warm up acts were ace. When we heard from the compere there was TWO warm up acts before Foley we groaned (but that's cause we were "Bang, Banging" a couple of lasses in the upper tier) and expected some Pheonix Nights ironic "why do all old people stink of piss" type schtick, but was pleasantly surprised when they came out polished routines and warmed the crowd up nice.

Foley's act went on a while (I literally fell asleep through parts of it, but I do work nights) but some of it was gold (Karate Kid stuff would be at home in the best comedians set) Really enjoyed it all in all. Q&A was only two questions but needed to end cause in the cramped seats of that old venue I got up walking like bloody Foley.

At the meet and greet my inspired decision to take the novel paid off as he looked like he was going to carry me over the threshold for bringing it. Still can't get away with being surrounded by greasy haired, mouth breathing, spotty faced, awkward in every way grapple fans at these things but its a cross I have to bear.

• Paid Members

Awesome show tonight, the only thing that spoilt it was some tosser who kept pushing in front in the queue for the meet and greet. Well that, and our queue getting sent to the back of the other queue (it makes sense if you were there!)

I saw a lad with Tietum Brown. Were you two in the stalls Ian?

• Paid Members
Still can't get away with being surrounded by greasy haired, mouth breathing, spotty faced, awkward in every way grapple fans at these things but its a cross I have to bear.

Cheers. I'll just stay in the house next time :(

I saw a lad with Tietum Brown. Were you two in the stalls Ian?

We were in the top tier, over looking the action. That was probably us though. The way Foley reacted to the Tietum Brown novel was like he'd finally found the person who'd bought it. Some young lass absolutely tore this fat lad to bits for trying to push in. It was something to see. She went nuts "we've been in the line for ages, you can get to the back". Mental. It was mad, there was two fatties standing next to us and you could tell they were trying to squeeze in the line. How they thought anyone couldn't notice these sweaty barrels is beyond me.

Archived