15/08 RAW Discussion Thread

pizzazz941

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
agreed four yrs to get a op why such the long wait, he wouldnt lose his spot would he?

The "I don't wanna lose my spot" thing with injuries is a load of bollocks anyway. In this day and age, it's very seldom a talent comes back from injury in a worse spot than they had before.

• Moderators
The "I don't wanna lose my spot" thing with injuries is a load of bollocks anyway. In this day and age, it's very seldom a talent comes back from injury in a worse spot than they had before.

Especially someone as important to the company as Rey. He'd be brought back as a mstery opponent in a big match on Raw and go over, it's not like he's Chris Kanyon in 2002.

well what can be the reason for waiting for so long.

There's more money in going on the road than sitting at home.

I suppose that could be it. Means he must be the most dedicated on the roster to be wrestling for 4 yrs god knows how many pain injections he has had.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a cracking Raw. Enjoyed all of the HHH/Punk/Nash/Cena/Steph/Ace stuff. Every bit of it. Thought Punk was immense again, thought Cena's promo was terrific stuff (apart from the comment about actually defending the belt just after he'd defended the belt), thought nash did a good job of creating doubt an making a fight with Punk seem desirable.

I agree with d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-daz and Jackson Blackson. This is a good storyline that's building slowly. The whole story arc since Punk started threatening to leave has been really good. I love the insider comments and shit, it's great. Punk's the best babyface in wrestling right now.

I don't have a clue where it's going. I don't know if the conspirator is HHH, Steph, Ace, Vinny Mac, HBK or any combination.

I can't actually remember much else of what went on. Quite liked Swagger suggesting Vickie starts taking on more members. Thought John Morrison's 10 second inset was his best promo work for ages. Beth Pheonix looked better than she ever has. SummerSlam axxess package was superb.

Tell you who's the dullest guy on the roster? The Miz. He sucks balls.

I also spotted the mouse. I'm observant.

• Paid Members

I meant to say earlier. If WrestleMania comes down to this on the Raw side:

John Cena vs. The Rock

Triple H vs. CM Punk

Alberto Del Rio vs. Shawn Michaels

I'll be very, very happy with that lot.

I was thinking also that they missed a trick with John Morrison. When they had HBK tweet that he was going to text someone a beatdown, they should have had John Morrison save Rey and kick ADR's arse on HBK's behalf. They could have then still had Cena deliver his angry promo. You've then got Morrison aligned with HBK and Cena. You've got a terrific and credible TV main event somewhere in ADR vs. Morrison and also, if they do the obvious fatal 4 way between ADR, Punk, Cena and Misterio, you've now got Morrison in Rey's place.

I also fancy seeing Morrison vs. HBK somewhere down the line but that's just greed.

• Paid Members
When did HBK come back?

He hasn't, I'm speculating. He gave ADR the superkick a while back, ADR used the superkick at SummerSlam and HBK tweeted during Raw that he was going to text in a beating (ala Nash). So I've put two and two together and come up with WrestleMania!

I meant to say earlier. If WrestleMania comes down to this on the Raw side:

John Cena vs. The Rock

Triple H vs. CM Punk

Alberto Del Rio vs. Shawn Michaels

I'll be very, very happy with that lot.

Like the sound of that. It would be fantastic for HBK to come back, but even if he was to, I doubt they'd put it on the same show as the Rocks return. I'd still love it though.

The more I think about it though, i'd like to see Punk end the streak. IMO he's the obvious choice. Cena doesn't need it (although it would make an ideal main event if they waited a year), and retiring with it intact is pointless and a waste. Punk's the only realistic option if they are serious about helping him to become a real megastar.

Archived