15/08 RAW Discussion Thread

pizzazz941

24 hours after the biggest event of the summer, RAW is live from San Diego.

Matches Announced:

Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio for the WWE Championship.

Anyone else staying up to watch this? Loads of questions and what if's from last night, especially the role of Big Kev in all of this.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably gonna get an early night then get up for it. Got a funny feeling they might hot-potato the title yet again on to Rey, leading to some kind of multi-man match to settle all the controversy at Night of Champions.

I had totally forogtten about Rey's title shot in the midst of the Nash explosion. I'd love to see the title change hands. I'm not a massive fan of Rey and I know it's hardly good for Del Rio's future but I just love the idea of him constantly getting fucked over. Alternatively if the scenario of Nash being Del Rio's bodyguard comes to pass - as unlikely as I think that is to happen - Nash destroying Rey like how Big Show messed him up at Backlash in 2003 would be fantastic.

I'm looking foward to Raw tonight like crazy. So much more than SummerSlam. The WWE are on such a role at the top level of the card at the moment and it's been a joy to watch the enthusiasm and positivity going around the board. I'm even reading lengthy fantasy booking posts with a greater level of interest. The booking is such a hectic melting pot at the moment that even the worse case scenarios have the potential to be real what the fuck moments people would have lapped up half a year ago.

I really do hope they start to sort out their midcard though. WWE have multiple hours of lucrative prime time television each week to build things up and they just went into the traditional second biggest show of the year with absoloutely nothing going on for so many talented guys who are currently little more than names in a hat.

WWE.com have added this to their homepage:

"After SummerSlam's controversial main event outcome, Triple H addresses the WWE universe live tonight on RAW. Will he apologise for his bad call? Will he discuss Nash's involvement? Might the WWE COO reveal a coup that crowned Del Rio champion?"

If Waltman shows up I think I'm gonna explode. I hate you wwe, everytime I get bored they drag me back in with something so spectacular that I just gotta stay up and watch it live.

Rey Mysterio is getting screwed by someone tonight anyway. It must be Del Rio as a corporate champ with Steph pulling the strings, or maybe doing it for Vince and Nash as big bad back up enforcer.

• Paid Members

I know it has been said quite a bit recently but Raw really has become must watch TV again. I love being left with more questions than answers when it comes to wrestling and WWE have really caught a hold of the imagination of the fans again. Really looking forward to Raw and more specifically NASH!!!!!

Archived