TMZ pick up CM Punk calling a fan a homo and vagina

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/04/cm-punk-wwe-...comments-anchor

Fantastic. :thumbsup:

I hope they go a long way with this and not just your annual 'Summer hook' - wonder what GLAAD will come out with since WWE work with them.

-EDIT- YouTube finds thread, wasn't sure, since its not on YouTube but now it is - feel free.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

From Punk's Twitter . . .

"I'm glad TMZ posted that video because everybody needs to be held accountable for their bullshit, me included. What I said was bullshit."

and

"...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

• Paid Members

Terrible, terrible horseshit.

Heels are the bad guys. They are supposed to act bad, perform heinous acts and genuinely be loathsome and despised. Making homophobic slurs to fans is a heinous heinous thing... for his CHARACTER to do as part of the show. CM Punk as a heel can be a homophobe, or a terrorist, or a reprogrammed cyborg neo-Nazi from the future. To draw attention to this or criticize the human being behind the character is bollocks. Yes, it's unacceptable language. Using it makes you bad, apparently. Well, his character is bad.

It's a show, you utter morons.

It's a show alright but you can't get away with stuff like that these days, no matter what "old school" stars would or wouldn't have done. I'm sure most fans wouldn't have cared what was said but it getting dragged around the media doesn't help anybody much. Anyway, I now hope Punk apologises for what he said about Vince and the rest of the McMahon family last week.

• Paid Members
Pillman and Jake wouldnt have apologised. Punk comes across as a right homo in that tweet.

I guess Punks insight and empathy will help him avoid ending up like them?

It's probably easier to apologise when you're not drugged off your face like Jake and Pillman were.

If you can't get heat without calling someone a homo you're not much of a heel. "It's a show" is a fairly rubbish excuse - you don't get many "characters" in Gladiators or any other show calling the crowd homos. And UFC for some reason is full of people spouting homophobic insults in public including the CE which I think is incredibly sad and will ultimately lead to a backlash.

Punk is better than that as he proved in the rest of the rant in the full video. As I said on the you tube thread the "homo" comment could ironically get him suspended depending on how its picked up and actually that would be fair - WWE have told their wrestlers and commentators to stop doing it. I thought the twitter apology was well judged though.

Terrible, terrible horseshit.

Heels are the bad guys. They are supposed to act bad, perform heinous acts and genuinely be loathsome and despised. Making homophobic slurs to fans is a heinous heinous thing... for his CHARACTER to do as part of the show. CM Punk as a heel can be a homophobe, or a terrorist, or a reprogrammed cyborg neo-Nazi from the future. To draw attention to this or criticize the human being behind the character is bollocks. Yes, it's unacceptable language. Using it makes you bad, apparently. Well, his character is bad.

It's a show, you utter morons.

Bang on once again Mr. Air Raid sir. I can

• Paid Members

Hmmmm this is a slightly tricky one. One side of it is CM Punk is playing a character in what WWE are heavy to promote as an "entertainment" show. If someone on a normal scripted TV show calls another character a fag or homo not a single head would turn.

But then he did call a fan a homo which I suppose would be like going to see a play and halfway through the guy playing Macbeth called you a cocksucker.

• Paid Members

This wouldn't even be reported on 10 years ago. The problem is we're no longer in the 'Attitude' era, we're in the 'PG era' & WWE's target demographic are young children so comparisons to UFC are way off the mark. A more reasonable comparison would be whether a presenter on the 'Mickey Mouse Club' or any kids show calling someone a 'homo' would be seen as acceptable? If you change your target audience the old rules no longer apply

• Paid Members
But then he did call a fan a homo which I suppose would be like going to see a play and halfway through the guy playing Macbeth called you a cocksucker.

Stand up comedians call hecklers all sorts and the fella in the crowd was clearly getting in Punk's face, so you could take that view on it.

Archived