TMZ pick up CM Punk calling a fan a homo and vagina

Psygnosis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're being difficult with the Nazi thing. I don't even know whether you're being serious or not.

In what sense?

I understand the stereotypes for different countries but I meant elaborate on the 'widespread bitter jealousy everyone feels towards America'.

As I said, I'd be surprised if you've not noticed any anti-American sentiment yourself in your everyday life. Even if you've never left the house (I haven't), you must have seen it on forums like this one. It all stems from jealousy, like when people in Ireland, Scotland and Wales talk bitterly about England, or when northerners talk about London. Or when Carbomb talks about my posts.

I wonder whether I'm jealous of USA. I'm going there for the first time next year. From an outside perspective, I think that a lot of Americans make a meal of things and that mentality is coming over to our country. There also seems to be a lot of rubbish comedies in USA. I've given Curb Your Enthusiasm a watch which I'd heard was one of the better US comedies and though it's quite good, I can't get into it to the extent of it being a laugh out loud comedy for me. It seems like the same formula of Larry David tries to do the right thing but gets people angry. There's about 7 seasons of it and I presume it's the same premise through all of those series. I've only watched the first four or five episodes from Series 1 so far. I suppose you can't really generalise USA because there's 50 states and a lot are vastly different.

But see, little mongol, I don't actually give a toss about Mason Ryan (he's shit and I'm not Welsh) nor any "conspiracies" regarding him. I'm simply winding up you fapulous freebirds who'll point out how WWE's press-releases about their favourite flippy cruiserweights winning fan votes are obviously true, yet WWE's press-releases about fining Undertaker and Triple H are obvious shams.

Are you for real?

You are taking this "Me Vrs The Fapping Strawman" feud to insane lengths.

WWE can't just make shit up about a public fan phone vote. It was text voting, it cost money. If they bullshitted their fans then that's fraud. They had to admit there were mistakes made and apologize.

Only an idiot would think Mason Ryan would win against any (even slightly) popular mid-carder in a fan's popularity contest. Your "fapping" fascination is completely irrelevant. It could have been Mason Ryan Vrs Chris Masters and Masters would have won.

But, of course you know that, because you are "simply winding up the fappers", which is trolling. Well done.

I'm assuming that The Fapping Strawman is your new nickname rather than a reference to the way it's usually used on forums, because in this instance I am actually pointing out exactly what you are doing. You're all fine and dandy doing the "WWE iz evil liarz!" gimmick most of the time (including in this very thread), but when they suddenly say something you want to believe, they've been on the truth serum.

I'm assuming that The Fapping Strawman is your new nickname rather than a reference to the way it's usually used on forums, because in this instance I am actually pointing out exactly what you are doing. You're all fine and dandy doing the "WWE iz evil liarz!" gimmick most of the time (including in this very thread), but when they suddenly say something you want to believe, they've been on the truth serum.

First of all, I don't go around "doing a WWE is evil gimmick". Just today i put over a few of their matches in the Half Year Best Matches thread, I praised the last segment on RAW and I stated I was looking forward to the next PPV. They do some shit I don't like, but I'm pretty fair in giving them their dues.

Secondly, ignoring the nicknames, silliness and whatever else - do you genuinely believe that WWE lied about the Fan Poll mistake in order to make Sin Cara look more popular? Do you really think that Mason Ryan got the "hundreds of millions" (thanks, Lawler) of votes, instead of Cara? Do you think that WWE committed fraud by lying to it's fans about the votes they were paying for?

seriously?

Of course not, but then I don't think the Undertaker-Triple H fine was a conspiracy either.

So you are being argumentative for the sake of it (as you've said you agree with me) on the Cara/fan poll issue, which is trolling. Well done on that front. So it's not a case of me "believing what they say when it suits me" it is (in this case) me believing something because it looks to be completely true.

As for the Taker/Trips thing, that was a half joke. I don't doubt they got "fined" but compared to their Wrestlemania pay-offs is probably meant absolutely nothing to either man, and was simply a case of WWE doing what it needed to do to show shareholders they are keeping to their word. The chair-shot in question wasn't really unprotected anyway (Taker had his hands up) and I'm pretty sure than the Taker and the Boss-To-be were fully aware of what they were doing and were quite happy taking the tiny hit from a small, face-saving fine, in order to do a rare spot in their epic match.

Of course not, but then I don't think the Undertaker-Triple H fine was a conspiracy either.

So you are being argumentative for the sake of it (as you've said you agree with me) on the Cara/fan poll issue, which is trolling.

Dry your eyes, love, I was arguing it so RepoMan would like me.

The chair-shot in question wasn't really unprotected anyway (Taker had his hands up)

I thought that as well, but we must be wrong. I emailed Mark Madden about it after he did a shitrant about Undertaker and HHH should know better than to do unprotected chairshots to the head. He replied saying Undertaker got his hand up too late to absorb any of the impact. Which must be true, because if it was obvious even to us that he blocked it a bit, there'd have been no point to them doing the fine thing in the first place. Having no chairshots to the head is at least as good as being able to say they took five grand off two wrestlers who were both on six figures that night.

So you are being argumentative for the sake of it (as you've said you agree with me) on the Cara/fan poll issue, which is trolling.

Dry your eyes, love, I was arguing it so RepoMan would like me.

I'm not your 'love'.

You were making silly "anti-fapper" sweeping statements, when nothing worth mocking was actually going on.

A bit late to the party here, but as it was me who brought up the JBL thing, I thought I'd clarify. Implying that German wrestling fans in the year 2004 are Nazis is surely offensive, whether you want to call it racist or xenophobic. It's the equivalent of a foreign wrestler taunting an American crowd for cheap heat by dressing as a Ku Klux Klansman or an American soldier about to massacre some Vietnamese peasants.

For the record, I'm neither a CM Punk 'internet fapper' or a JBL hater. I couldn't see what the fuss was about Punk until that great feud with Jeff Hardy, and I could listen to JBL's commentary all day. I just don't see how one indiscretion is more or less offensive than the other.

Archived