TMZ pick up CM Punk calling a fan a homo and vagina

Psygnosis

Triple H went on a profanity laced tirade on the mic at a Sydney house show against audience members, I particularly remember, "Shut the fuck up, you terrorist cunt, I'll have you deported." That was in 2005 and never even reported on, I doubt he faced disciplinary action. All the argument over the PG rating and TV shows seems silly, it's common knowledge wrestlers get more leeway with what they do on non televised events.

People are too sensitive these days. Chris Jericho punched a fan just a couple of years ago. WWE have done worse with discrimination on their television shows mocking or showing different minorities in a negative light. HLA, Rico, Eugene, Zach Gowen... they had the odd good moment, but overall I felt they were pretty tasteless in their depictions.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
All the argument over the PG rating and TV shows seems silly, it's common knowledge wrestlers get more leeway with what they do on non televised events.

It was captured on camera and posted on TMZ. What do you want them to do ignore it? He was in the wrong. He's admitted it. Calling someone a "homo" is wrong. It dont matter who else did it or got away with it.

Triple H went on a profanity laced tirade on the mic at a Sydney house show against audience members, I particularly remember, "Shut the fuck up, you terrorist cunt, I'll have you deported." That was in 2005 and never even reported on, I doubt he faced disciplinary action. All the argument over the PG rating and TV shows seems silly, it's common knowledge wrestlers get more leeway with what they do on non televised events.

It is a bit silly, yes, but it was silly of Punk to do it. Even leaving aside the morality of it, WWE has just recently been in trouble with NAMBLA about Cena calling Miz and Riley benders and Cole tweeting that Josh Matthews is a faggot. After announcing the big partnership thing, wrestlers should be more careful about that sort of thing. Though that needn't matter to Punk if he's on the way out. And he should get some points for throwing out derogaytory remarks while having a head that's a rip-off of Freddie Mercury.

It is a bit silly, yes, but it was silly of Punk to do it. Even leaving aside the morality of it, WWE has just recently been in trouble with NAMBLA about Cena calling Miz and Riley benders and Cole tweeting that Josh Matthews is a faggot. After announcing the big partnership thing, wrestlers should be more careful about that sort of thing. Though that needn't matter to Punk if he's on the way out.

It was GLAAD, not NAMBLA.

I don't imagine they have any problem annoying the "North American Man Boy Love Association".

(Unless it was something on Superstars that I missed? Perhaps the Titus/Hornswoggle stuff on NXT??)

:D

• Paid Members

It is a bit silly, yes, but it was silly of Punk to do it. Even leaving aside the morality of it, WWE has just recently been in trouble with NAMBLA about Cena calling Miz and Riley benders and Cole tweeting that Josh Matthews is a faggot. After announcing the big partnership thing, wrestlers should be more careful about that sort of thing. Though that needn't matter to Punk if he's on the way out.

It was GLAAD, not NAMBLA.

I don't imagine they have any problem annoying the "North American Man Boy Love Association".

(Unless it was something on Superstars that I missed? Perhaps the Titus/Hornswoggle stuff on NXT??)

:D

Nah, it was probably because big show looks a bit like an inflated Marlon Brando

I can see why people are unhappy about it, but you can tell the bloke isnt offeneded i think in the video he is even smiling. If the person it was aimed at dont feel hard done to then no one else should. The people that complain are always the people that where never even there when the incident happened. I hate how pc the world has become

nodq.com

A WWE spokesman noted to GLAAD in their response to CM Punk uttering an anti-gay slur during yesterday's Raw live event in Australia that the wrestler is legitimately leaving the organization following the Money in the Bank pay-per-view event on July 18.

OpposingViews.com printed the following in their article: "WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"A spokesperson for the WWE told us "We are taking this very seriously."

OpposingViews.com also notes that GLAAD provided training to members of WWE's editorial staff and writing team in May. The media monitoring organization is also in discussions with WWE to provide similar training seminars to on-camera talent.

nodq.com

A WWE spokesman noted to GLAAD in their response to CM Punk uttering an anti-gay slur during yesterday's Raw live event in Australia that the wrestler is legitimately leaving the organization following the Money in the Bank pay-per-view event on July 18.

OpposingViews.com printed the following in their article: "WWE officials also told GLAAD this morning that CM Punk's contract will expire in a few weeks, he will not be immediately renewed, and he will no longer be with WWE as of July 18. A spokesperson told us "this departure is not part of a storyline. He is contractually leaving the organization.

"A spokesperson for the WWE told us "We are taking this very seriously."

OpposingViews.com also notes that GLAAD provided training to members of WWE's editorial staff and writing team in May. The media monitoring organization is also in discussions with WWE to provide similar training seminars to on-camera talent.

That's the year's big storyline ruined then.

• Paid Members
That's the year's big storyline ruined then.

I'd wait and see. It may have been the plan all along for Punk to just piss off after the PPV anyway.

This was my biggest worry when this happened, Vince fucking over Punk (and inturn the fans lose faith in the WWEs ability to tell compelling storys). If he gets jobbed out on Raw and/or the PPV, then you know they sabotaged this.

Also, WWE may be using this to 'work' people. This is the company that released an official statement saying Donald Trump had purchased Raw.

Archived