UKFF User Artwork

Richie Freebird

That's awesome Richie, congratulations, I've got a few works I did on album covers and band posters in Canada but I'd love one of them to be turned into a Finnish cake, that's a new one.

Thanks man! The guys involved in Smiling Corpse and I had a bit of an informal meeting last night, and they do indeed want me on board for the next album. I say

What genre of music is it?

Freeform Hardcore, as described by Wikipedia. Basically it's fast paced, trance influenced, progressive, hardcore dance, which relies heavily on acid lines, and similar such sounds techniques. The stuff I'm involved with is specifically the Finnish denomination of Freeform, which is just kind of a trivial sub, sub genre within the hardcore scene.

Personally, I don't think the word

• Paid Members

The scans are piss poor and i'm not overly happy with any of these for various reasons, but these are the best things i've drawn in a long time.

Commando took me forever to draw a head i was happy with, and when i did, it was one of about 6 on the page, so i built the rest of the image around it just to flesh it out, and then ended up sort of happy with it, except for the fact it spilt off the page.

Quantum Leap is ok, but Al was an afterthought i now wish i'd left out.

Robocop i just got lazy and impatient with, so the inking is shoddy as hell, but to crank out three pieces over the Easter holidays is more than i've managed without throwing the pad away in a huff in a long long time and really i'm really enjoying it.

Commando_zps7e668d2e.jpg

QuantumLeap_zpsf053b55f.jpg

Robocopv2_zps72540dd2.jpg

• Moderators

Robocop has a pleasant smile there, like he's just seen a lovely dog.

Here's some poster-type things I did in a weird hybrid of procrastination and book publicising.

superman-small.jpg

chimp-small1.jpg

shake-small1.jpg

adebisi-small.jpg

beachtown-no-crown-small.jpg

There's an alternative version of that, with a sandcastle bucket crown. And lastly, this one, inspired by post-911 posters of the American flag with weeping eagles superimposed on top.

crying-seagull-small.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not had much time to do any drawing recently so started doing a lot of sketch card sized doodles (little bit smaller than A5) to get me back into it.

All a bit hit and miss but good to be doing some again

image_zpsc42531f4.jpg

image_zps3fc9c638.jpg

image_zps254600fc.jpg

• 1 year later...