UKFF User Artwork

Richie Freebird

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Fucking embaressed posting these directly after @chokeout and @Monkee's efforts, but balls to it.  Bought a graphics tablet at the weekend, bit of a birthday treat, and whilst it's been fucking yonks since I ever tried to draw anything, and both my use of colour and stroke weight is as primitive as it ever was, i've quite enjoyed just fucking about with it and working pretty loose.

Both 10-15 minute efforts with the bare minimum colour palette.

image.thumb.png.eed89d65715cda8cbcd1918126f15723.pngimage.thumb.png.67922a6df4214dec0778c324a88a03b7.png

• Paid Members
Just now, chokeout said:

Lovely stuff. Biggest learning curve you can get is going to a graphics tablet and changing the entire way you do hand eye coordination to draw. Looking forward to more! 

Aint that the truth.  After about half an hour I felt my kidney tucked round the front because i'd been sat with such a kink trying to over compensate by not being able to look at what my hand was doing.  

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Excuse the double post, they were three months apart.

Been having a fairly lousy time of it of late, and honestly, it’s pathetic, but I can’t tell you what Cobra Kai landing on Netflix has done for me, it’s like it was created in a lab, specifically to please me.  I love it, and it’s also helped me rediscover my love for the original films too - with freelance design work on its arse due to COVID, I’ve fallen down a real rabbit hole, and creating Karate Kid/Cobra Kai fan art has given me a serious hit of seratonin when I needed it the most.

Anyway, I knocked this up over the past couple of night, and it’s on track to surpass my infamous tweet about John Fashanu’s willy as the best performing thing I’ve ever put on the internet.

1A8169E6-F3D8-48EA-89FA-6C6F71308AB9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

How’s it going.

I’ve barely been posting much online as of late, I had one of those hating the internet phases. Sacked Twitter and FB off and stepped away from all pod/events stuff. Can’t be bothered anymore. 
It’s nice to be able to just focus on my job and music, it’s a complete weight off.
I also started to get back in to my art stuff again, it’s been years, I was never that talented, but it’s just nice to do, stress free, no hassle. I’ve just been doing quick pen sketches and some basic acrylic pours in the house with my wife, it’s been really lovely to be honest. I might try and introduce it as a session at work, we’ll see. Anyway, I thought I’d pop a couple of them up in here. Cheers 

A7E15B5D-0894-4278-A4F2-D3A6E79B8CA3.jpeg 

I turned the above in to a clock and it’s amazing how the colours dry much differently. 
202DB373-22E1-42F6-9E36-77E0F17DE403.thumb.jpeg.2cda5c6ea327572866831513ec261381.jpeg

9113697B-5BCB-4A6E-8BC4-2DC66BC61C51.jpeg

CA707FAD-1839-4ACE-9C73-D1A673592B39.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Me and my workshop partner made these at work as part of a commission for a towns Nativity scene. Joseph is 6ft for reference. They were happy and the money goes back in to our workshop for our homeless activity sessions. Happy all round.

C2F41FF0-43E8-449D-A359-0AA9382AA4C4.thumb.jpeg.1492adab42d1811c7c880b060e23c504.jpeg

Alongside that, I needed a new craft/work desk for home. I’ve been rocking an awful, cheap 90’s shit coloured chipboard desk for years, so that needed to change. I had loads of scrap off-cuts in the workshop, including an old battered bar top. Needs a final oil but it’s come out canny.

D4C0A7B8-7338-4FC2-849D-8D4B60F9F953.thumb.jpeg.f5e0376d0c33debc9c80c5bf76ad466c.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right thread. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent tablet for drawing? My gf wants to start jotting down ideas she has and likes the idea of drawing them digitally as opposed to paper. Would an iPad and one of those wands be the best thing?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...