Wrestling speak you wished you could jab into a conversation

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

As above. I've always wanted to say "hit the bricks", which was popular in the mid-90s. Another is "if your feeling froggy - JUMP!", but both of these lines would make you sound like a complete tosser in real life. But if you could guarentee you would come across looking like Jack The Biscuit after saying it, what line would you like to get into a real life argument or conversation? Another one is "you stinking hyena".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Not entirely related, but I managed to get the baddie in our local panto this year to use a few Bobby Heenan putdowns.

Anyway, I'd love to be able to greet people by saying "hey yo" like Scott Hall and receive anything other than quizzical expressions in return.

• Paid Members

I'm liking this thread idea.

I have occasionally in the past answered the phone to friends with a 'hey yo'. I also regularly 'wooo!' when I'm out and rather enjoying myself. The ladies fucking love it!

I often refer to people with some sort of nickname in a Sawyeresque manner too. 'Hoss' being a common one.

I'm pretty much the coolest fucker on the planet.

I might try and get 'pimpin ain't easy!' to stick next, or just things that rhyme with pimpin like that great story in 'Foley is Good'.

That or 'get the tables!'.

• Paid Members

"Mark" as in scam victim is indeed a term used in real life situations, but to "mark out" is completely different. I have used "mark out" at length in front of my non-wrestling mates, and I've heard them use it too.

I have also made reference to a mate that turned heel, and everyone seems to know wha I'm on about. Either that or they're just humouring me.

• Paid Members

Not really words but, doing the Scott Hall/nWo finger point thing has always stuck with me as looking like the coolest thing ever but doing it in real life makes you look like a spaz. Also the Scott Hall scared fingers is another.

I guess the ultimate is randomly doing a "WOOO" followed by a strut.

Archived