Wrestling speak you wished you could jab into a conversation

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny this thread comes up now. See I love the fact that I'm in the somewhat unique position that most of my mates are sympathetic to me and my 'rasslin. We were out town today and these collectors were raising funds for a dog charity and they each had dogs with them. One collector in the town square had a swarm of young kids around her fretting over this gorgeous terrier to which one of the lads said 'the kids are plants to help raise more money'.

I don't understand what the terrier story has to do with wrestling.

The word

Funny this thread comes up now. See I love the fact that I'm in the somewhat unique position that most of my mates are sympathetic to me and my 'rasslin. We were out town today and these collectors were raising funds for a dog charity and they each had dogs with them. One collector in the town square had a swarm of young kids around her fretting over this gorgeous terrier to which one of the lads said 'the kids are plants to help raise more money'.

The word

The word

The concept of planting phoney audience members/customers/passers-by is not at all specific to wrestling. There is no wrestling-only context to it, it's something that has been done for many decades in politics, entertainment, every fucking industry in the world where somebody is selling something. What are you on about photosynthesis for, you imbecile?

I watched some boxing once. There were lads in it fighting each other, doing punches, which was obviously a wrestling reference.

Are you just all the way impervious to how hysterical you look when you dive off the deep end making such a ludicrous comparison because a relatively simple, straight foward, non offensive post stole that awesome sunshine that pervades all aspects your life?

When did I ever claim that the term was something that was exclusive to professional wrestling? I didn't. All I did was share a daft little story about an instance where my friend and I shared a chuckle about a 'plant' which in this case was meant in the wrestling context because the term was dropped in the middle of an ongoing discussion about wrestling by two complete nerds who always use wrestling terms be they exclusive to wrestling or not. There is such a thing as using the term in the context of pro wrestling because he knowingly dropped the term knowing that I would pick it up as being a bit of a wrestling joke.

I know plants are used in every fucking industry in the world where somebody is selling something but in this case he was deliberately going for the wrestling angle hence why I mentioned that it was done in the wrestling context. Harmless enough, I think. You might find it an odd choice of word but it's hardly worth loosing your shit about, is it?

con

All I did was share a daft little story about an instance where my friend and I shared a chuckle about a 'plant' which in this case was meant in the wrestling context because the term was dropped in the middle of an ongoing discussion about wrestling by two complete nerds who always use wrestling terms be they exclusive to wrestling or not.

Well you didn't mention that in the initial post, did you? Your initial post sounded like yer man made a comment that had fuck all to do with wrestling and you just tenuously linked it to wrestling after the fact. For all your bleating about context, you've not got much of a grasp of it.

I watched some boxing once. There were lads in it fighting each other, doing punches, which was obviously a wrestling reference. Because the two of them were dressed as Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan and it was taking place in a car park after a WWE show, and they were fake punches. I forgot the last part of that when I told the story the first time, in retrospect it probably seemed a bit spurious before.

I know plants are used in every fucking industry in the world where somebody is selling something but in this case he was deliberately going for the wrestling angle hence why I mentioned that it was done in the wrestling context. Harmless enough, I think. You might find it an odd choice of word but it's hardly worth loosing your shit about, is it?

Stupidity annoys me and I feel compelled to overreact to it. Which is also why I've bolded the spelling mistake.

See I love the fact that I'm in the somewhat unique position that most of my mates are sympathetic to me and my 'rasslin.

I thought this would have made it pretty clear to most.

Why are you only pulling this excusable ignorance card now anyway? I made it abundantly clear two posts ago and it still didn't stop you from going off on one.

... said friend meant it in the wrestling context. That was the idea. And why I posted the story.

Don't get me wrong it was an enjoyable reminder that the word 'plant' has uses outside wrestling I ... it's just ... I knew that. You got me on the spelling mistake though. That was absoloutely retarded on my behalf.

... said friend meant it in the wrestling context. That was the idea. And why I posted the story.

That line is as ludicrous as the "which was obviously a wrestling reference" line in my story, until it was actually backed up by something. And again, there isn't a "the wrestling context" for it. Wrestling uses plants in the crowd in the same context that a million other exhibitions do.

Don't get me wrong it was an enjoyable reminder that the word 'plant' has uses outside wrestling I ... it's just ... I knew that.

Yes, photosynthesis loolol, but you didn't seem to be aware -- until told -- that wrestling isn't the only thing that plants fake audience members. "The kids are plants to help raise more money" just sounds like something that someone who's cynical about charity would say (thus upsetting pCc #1 Lackey, depending on the charity). It was only when you said it came in the midst of a wrestling discussion that it even started to seem wrestling-specific. And even then, it's iffy. It's like me saying that my mate noted there was a "crowd of people" in town today but he meant "crowd" in a wrestling context. He might have meant it in a wrestling context, but wrestling uses "crowd" in the same generic context that a million other things do so I wouldn't bother saying it, except as an example of why it's not worth using as an example of wrestling speak.

You got me on the spelling mistake though. That was absoloutely retarded on my behalf.

Apology accepted. The "lose/loose" balls-up is somewhat common on the Internet, and far from your worst language transgression in the thread.

you didn't seem to be aware -- until told -- that wrestling isn't the only thing that plants fake audience members.

Didn't seem to be aware based on what? That I didn't add a fucking disclaimer to the original post making clear that I knew the word has multiple uses? I posted it in a wrestling thread in a story about mates who use terms relating to wrestling you fucking spaz.

As for most of the rest of that ... if you listen closely you can actually hear the hairs splitting. You're doing an appaling job of defending yourself so you don't look like a stark raving luncatic who picked a stupid fight. Much ado about nothing.

I'm done with this.

Didn't seem to be aware based on what?

Based on the way you thought the concept qualified as wrestling speak.

You're doing an appaling job of defending yourself so you don't look like a stark raving luncatic who picked a stupid fight.

Au contraire, young mong, I'm very open about being a luncatic.

I'm done with this.

13949024_display_image.jpg

Well done derailing a fun little thread with your needless over-reaction and pointless aggression, Pity.

Even if the original story was a bit of a stretch (or perhaps needed to be worded a little clearer), there was no need to go to such silly, sarcastic lengths, just to try and "win" the argument.

You certainly got him on spelling "lose" wrong though. Haha, what a fucking spazo retard he is. You definitely won that one. "Self High Five"

I talk in wrestling speak to me mum all the time when the soaps are on. They fit in so well when talking about soaps.

Archived