Wrestling speak you wished you could jab into a conversation

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I've often wanted to do the Ron Simmons thing when someone starts acting like a dick or does something stupid..."DAMN!"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny this thread comes up now. See I love the fact that I'm in the somewhat unique position that most of my mates are sympathetic to me and my 'rasslin. We were out town today and these collectors were raising funds for a dog charity and they each had dogs with them. One collector in the town square had a swarm of young kids around her fretting over this gorgeous terrier to which one of the lads said 'the kids are plants to help raise more money'.

I love my wrestling talk. I use it far too much. Especially 'hey yo'. It's become my default greeting. I have just one friend who is also massive into it and we've turned certain things into running jokes like The Cabinet. We used to have these lenghty convorsations about how JBL's legendary group was the natural continuation of the foundations laid down by lesser groups like the New World Order and D-Generation X. And anytime one of us falls into fortune it's not uncommon for the other to say that they only got the opportunity because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays.

• Paid Members
As above. I've always wanted to say "hit the bricks", which was popular in the mid-90s.

That phrase is still used around Mansfield, in various contexts.

Something going wrong will be said to have hit the bricks.

"When he finds out, the shit's gonna hit the bricks".

"Then she started shooting her mouth off and it all hit the bricks."

It can also be used when talking about going out, either in a drinking sense:

"We're hitting the bricks on Friday, are you coming?"

Or just literally going out:

"Look at time, we need to hit the bricks".

Managed to get at least non wrestling fan to do this.

You go to the bar, you order two pints, your mate gives you money to cover the cost of both pints with a little bit of change. You get the two pints, and before picking the pints up from the bar, you put the change in your pocket.

You return to the table carrying two pints, on the presentation of one pint you say:-

"BEER........"

You pull the change out of your pocket and say:-

".....MONEY"

At which point you achieve a sense of social purgatory where people both simultaneously look up to and look down on you.

• Paid Members

If one day I ever end up in a position of authority I willl end everything I say with "I HAVE SPOKEN!!". I think I'm too chalk white to be able to pull off "Somebody call my mama" though.

I did prank call my mate Willy once, using the whole "Lex vs a t-shirt deal" as inspiration, it had everyone with me laughing along even though they had no idea what I was talking about..

"Hullo"

"Is that you, William?"

"Aye"

"YOUR T-SHIRTS ARE TOO TIGHT BILLY!"

"Eh?"

"Doors locked too"

"Who is this?"

"I don't even know what it's called, what is it called?"

"What?"

"SUPERBRAWL SATURDAY?"

"Fuck off!

"Can you even afford to pay me to fuck off?"

"Come and say that to my face ya bam"

"I'M PISSED NOW!, what's the adress *insert number here* Drum Terrace?, I'll be there in 10 minutes"

*Phone goes dead*

Alot of us do Nash quotes from the Longest Yard, despite it being only me that's a wrestling fan, probably because it's one of only 4 dvd's that the pub owns (and plays at least once every week) so everyone knows it all nearly off by heart. Whenever anyone shouts at the tv, or someone else it's usually met with a "Why are you yelling at me?, all I did was care".

They'd probably appreciate the Paparazzi skits as well. I just doubt I'd ever show them to everyone...

• Paid Members
Also the Scott Hall scared fingers is another.

I use that and it gets a good reaction. Someone getting lary in the pub or simply boasting about their accomplishments, gets the scared fingers. Goes over well.

However I was telling a story to a friend the other day and referred to someone as a jabroni, as I was saying it I knew it sounded stupid. He was appalled. Never again.

Ive always loved "I'll beat you any day of the week, twice on sundays" but it can never be used because no one would understand the double show reference and Im not angry (or big) enough to attack someone on a daily basis, for a week.

• Paid Members

As a teenager I would frequently enter a classroom bellowing "OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW? YOUR ASS BETTER CALL SOMEBODDDDDYYYYY" Luckily wrestling was popular then but I still probably looked like a twat.

I've nicked wrestling phrases to get classes of students to be quiet on several occasions since I started lecturing. If their chatter is just a low, easily hushed murmur, I'll just tell them to stop running their mouths and flapping their gums ('quit your jibba jabba, fools' also works for that one). If it's going on longer and getting more vociferous, I give it the full Vince 'SHAAAADUUUPP!!' growl.

I call some shows on TV 'works'. Like Britain's Got Talent, Most Haunted, Jerry Springer etc.

I'd claim some use of the word 'mark' but it's a carny word before it's a wrestling word and anyone watching the Real Hustle knows the real meaning of the word 'mark'.

John Terry did famously 'botch' a penalty once.

Archived