Peter Staniforth

Iceman

Wow, I am starting to appreciate more and more just how unpopular Peter Staniforth really is. Does anyone on here actually like him?

I am just interested in why one person who isn't at all important enough to make a real impact on the British wrestling scene is given the most shit, far more than anyone else.

Your reasons are petty and childish, the sort of shit you'd get from a school playground.

I am not Peter Staniforth but I guess that's something only I can really be sure of.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't hate him, but I think he deserves some of the reputation and flack that he gets on here.

You may have issues with Mark Sloan, but he runs professional shows. He promotes them well, and he doesn't promote himself as the star of the show. He spends money doing what he's doing, and he appears to make money doing what he's doing. This may have started as a hobby for him, but it seems to be what he makes his living doing.

Same with Alex Shane, and a number of other promoters in the UK. I once managed to get a decent amount of my family to come and see a show I was MCing in stockport years ago. They weren't blown away by it (bit long to hold their attention throughout, and some other fair criticism), but overall, they were fairly impressed. The main thing coming out of it was bafflement that something like this wasn't making money, since it so obviously should be doing so.

That's not what PTW does. Staniforth doesn't run it as a business - he runs it as a hobby. It's not professional. Hell, just look at the youtube videos. It's CLEARLY not professional on any level, except when he's got someone in who he's paid. Other than that, it's self indulgent and hideously un-self aware.

I think about my family, or about any unconvinced punters going to a show like that, and thinking that's what British Wrestling is about. It's so cringe-inducing as to be actually painful.

Meanwhile, when it comes to here, he acts as if he's entirely above the place, and only come on when his mates tell him down the pub about what has been being said on here. It's so obvious it's a lie - especially recently, when in order for his friends to have told him about it the previous weekend, he'd have had to use time travel.

He refuses to listen to advice. He won't go away, and keeps coming back to defend himself and look down on everyone here. It's arrogant, it's insulting, and it's coming from someone who is arguably hampering what chances British Wrestling is building for itself. Whether or not what it's building is flawed, it's a start.

He may be a nice guy, and I've heard that he is. But he's a fucking lousy promoter and an arrogant poster.

Wow, I am starting to appreciate more and more just how unpopular Peter Staniforth really is. Does anyone on here actually like him?

I am just interested in why one person who isn't at all important enough to make a real impact on the British wrestling scene is given the most shit, far more than anyone else.

Your reasons are petty and childish, the sort of shit you'd get from a school playground.

I am not Peter Staniforth but I guess that's something only I can really be sure of.

And while you're at it, you should check out Kriss Sprules. He got FAR worse than Staniforth til he wisened up, fucked off and - at the very least - stopped posting on here.

Explain how any of the reasons I posted are petty or childish. When one looks at the bigger picture, they're contributing to the poor state of the British wrestling scene.

Seriously guys, I don't know Peter Staniforth, I just wanted to get to the bottom of why he'd become reclusive when I tried to contact him. Also a guy I know who's sound thinks the world of Staniforth. With regards to Mark Sloan I also have never met him before and don't have any first hand experiance with him, but know a fair few people who he's trained in the past and they've all said he's a proper bastard. I've heard Sloan is an excellent trainer even from people who hate him, though that's only if your one of his favorites. Yeah, I am aware that Mark Sloan and Alex Shane do what they do to run a business, but they are completely full of shit these days.

If the British wrestling scene or a British company ever properly gets going somewhere it won't be for a very long time. I don't think it matters if Staniforth is here or not, he doesn't make any difference whether it be for better or worse. He's not going to go away from the looks of things so you either get used to him being around or you get used to being very pissed off at him.

It sounds like Staniforth does some of the shit you've mentioned just to piss you guys off, but on the flip side you guys provoke him, wind him up and have a laugh at his expense. No one's really in the right or wrong from what I can see your probably both as bad as eachother.

Seriously guys, I don't know Peter Staniforth, I just wanted to get to the bottom of why he'd become reclusive when I tried to contact him. Also a guy I know who's sound thinks the world of Staniforth. With regards to Mark Sloan I also have never met him before and don't have any first hand experiance with him, but know a fair few people who he's trained in the past and they've all said he's a proper bastard. I've heard Sloan is an excellent trainer even from people who hate him, though that's only if your one of his favorites. Yeah, I am aware that Mark Sloan and Alex Shane do what they do to run a business, but they are completely full of shit these days.

If the British wrestling scene or a British company ever properly gets going somewhere it won't be for a very long time. I don't think it matters if Staniforth is here or not, he doesn't make any difference whether it be for better or worse. He's not going to go away from the looks of things so you either get used to him being around or you get used to being very pissed off at him.

It sounds like Staniforth does some of the shit you've mentioned just to piss you guys off, but on the flip side you guys provoke him, wind him up and have a laugh at his expense. No one's really in the right or wrong from what I can see your probably both as bad as eachother.

Uh oh....

• Paid Members
With regards to Mark Sloan I also have never met him before and don't have any first hand experiance with him, but know a fair few people who he's trained in the past and they've all said he's a proper bastard. I've heard Sloan is an excellent trainer even from people who hate him, though that's only if your one of his favorites.

Name them, they're aren't many who were fully "trained" by him, rather than attend a handfull of sessions and claim were trained by him. I believe this is a contributing factor as to why he closed the FWA Academy.

I am not going to name names for two reasons. 1) I don't want to drop anyone in it. 2) You probably won't know any of them anyway, like you said many people trained at the old FWA academy.

Though I'll tell you what I heard from a number of people and you can tell me if this it's true or not. The reason the FWA academy shut up shop (as well as a major reason why the old FWA company finished) was because Mark Sloan and co were only focusing on certain people who they thought could properly make the big time. So they had shit loads of guys who didn't have the WWE credentials (which lets face it is most people in general) who were left unsupervised to fuck about. Also I heard Sloan spent most of his time playing computer games, and not taking notice of what his trainees were doing. I know some one who properly fucked up his back because Sloan was in the other room playing computer games and left one of his less experianced collegues to supervise. I heard Sloan would properly have a go at people if they made one tiny mistake, and all the guys who left not fully trained went to other training schools with other promotions, or would wrestle for other promotions and be totally incompetant and say they learnt what they knew from FWA and Mark Sloan. This gave the FWA and the academy a bad name, which seriously damaged it's reputation, which was part of the reason FWA closed down.

That's what I heard, if you know otherwise then please inform me.

Also a guy I know....

and they've all said......

I've heard Sloan......

I'll tell you what I heard from a number of people.....

Also I heard....

I know some one who......

I heard Sloan would......

You're full of shit. You don't know anyone who's done anything. You haven't heard anything from anyone. Nobody has told you anything. Fuck off.

Explain how any of the reasons I posted are petty or childish. When one looks at the bigger picture, they're contributing to the poor state of the British wrestling scene.

No it doesn't, and really super dragon has kind of a point. PTW plays to tiny, tiny crowds in luton, so at most it could only turn off those people from british wrestling. Maybe over the course of it's existence they've turned off 100/200 people? The idea that it's peter's fault wrestling is in a state is ridiculous and moronic, he is not and could not be important enough to have a real affect on british wrestling.

He's certainly shit at his job, but loads of people are, and there's no doubt that for all the posturing and "I do it because I care about the business,!" crap spouted on here he's just an easy target for a bunch of people to slag off over the internet, with the flimsy pretence that they do it cos they care about the business.

None of this is about defending him mind, he's shit and that's that. But the amount of bile and abuse he gets on here is kinda pathetic. There's shit d and b promotors, shit d and b producers, shit d and b dj's, shit d and b mc's but guess what? D and B forums don't bother talking about them, cos there's enough good stuff to talk about instead.

Mind you, peter coming in under a different name and slagging off mark sloan's training and talent is a bit much, and probably means he deserves the shit storm he gets on here.

But please, please, stop saying peter's the problem in british wrestling, he isn't, and it's really really retarded tto suggest otherwise. In fact in his way he's helping it, as long as boys like jonny storm get another pay day and a bit more in ring time he's actually helping.

Mark Sloan is a right dick. He started one of the biggest and most successful wrestling companies in the UK, trained or was involved in the development of most of the best young wrestlers that this country has and constantly puts on high quality shows, as well as running a successful merchandise business that caters for fans and workers alike. Add into the mix that he often brings companies that we'd rarely get to see across to the UK and that he's a pretty good wrestler himself and well, you've got the whole package.

What a prick.

Archived