Peter Staniforth

Iceman

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you got thise drawing pins out your feet yet Icey?

Going completely off topic but that match mentioned above topped off with your farewell speech and you and your son singing 'My Way' was a pleasure to experience.....the match was so brutal (well the security thought so anyway ;) ) and it was topped off with quite the poignant moment.

I'll second that!

4156423262_8e33269b40.jpg 4155662691_4682075cdd.jpg

Why has he got a child as the general manager? :confused:

Clue: Isn't the kid's name Victoria Staniforth?

To be honest I think the idea of a kid general manager is potentially funny. I mean, DDT put a title on a blow-up doll, so why not have a general manager who's ten (or whatever)? Having said that: the videos I've seen featuring the kids have been dreadful.

I've been reading this thread thinking Peter Staniforth was the former 1PW owner who used to do the rants on UKFF but then I remembered the name Steven Gauntley, what is Staniforth infamous for promoting wise? I recognise the name but aside from promoting shows that didn't draw has he done anything else silly on here and in general.

• Moderators
I've been reading this thread thinking Peter Staniforth was the former 1PW owner who used to do the rants on UKFF but then I remembered the name Steven Gauntley, what is Staniforth infamous for promoting wise? I recognise the name but aside from promoting shows that didn't draw has he done anything else silly on here and in general.

I know him for the hilarious PTW show posters, which always feature a picture of him with a clipboard.

• Paid Members
Why has he got a child as the general manager? :confused:

Clue: Isn't the kid's name Victoria Staniforth?

To be honest I think the idea of a kid general manager is potentially funny. I mean, DDT put a title on a blow-up doll, so why not have a general manager who's ten (or whatever)? Having said that: the videos I've seen featuring the kids have been dreadful.

It is beyond gash. Perhaps if the kid was a great child actor, charismatic and confident on the microphone then there's a chance, a chance it could work. But even then I think it'd be gash. As it is, I had to skip past his 'promo' on that YouTube video before the Jonny Storm match. It was cringe-worthy

Was apparently Staniforth that first got Gauntley into the business of promoting 1PW

Your sources are wrong on this occasion Toga.

Fair enough, I was under the impression (as something said by Staniforth himself) that it was him that introduced Gauntley to Rick Peters to get the ball rolling

Was apparently Staniforth that first got Gauntley into the business of promoting 1PW

Your sources are wrong on this occasion Toga.

Fair enough, I was under the impression (as something said by Staniforth himself) that it was him that introduced Gauntley to Rick Peters to get the ball rolling

I was told the same story by Staniforth several years ago.

I took it with a pinch of salt tbh.

• Paid Members

Who's Rick Peters?

Former 1PW "European Director of Operations". :confused:

Who's Rick Peters?

Rick is a high successful businessman in European Wrestling, has broker many many deals to bring name talent to Europe. Close personal friend of RVD & Bret Hart, was instrumental in bringing in Ric Flair, Kevin Nash and many. He is heavily involved in the DPW (Dutch) who's last show had over 800 in attendance. Maybe he doesn't choose to be a public figure.

Who's Rick Peters?

I believe he worked as a talent agent, I know he was the guy who came over with Bret Hart, Ric Flair and alot of other big name imports over for 1pw.

*edit* Mr Sloan has it covered :)

Hi UKFF,

I don't know Peter Staniforth but I know people who do and they say he's a very honest, decent and genuine bloke. I hate to say it but the wrestling scene in this country is embarrising with or without Staniforth. I mean does the great Mark Sloan himself have the superstar look? No. He doesn't even look athletic. Most of the wrestlers in this country don't even look like average guys you see in the street. Most of them are shorter than average, look unconfident and obviously don't work out that much. Alex Shane said 7 months ago that in 6 months time what's around the corner for British wrestling is gonna be so big they may as well go bowling with Barack Obama! Well I haven't seen any major changes quite on that level, in fact Shane was on the radio recently saying British wrestling will be on TV a year from now. I wish he'd stop saying things he really can't do and knows he can't do as well. There's no money in British wrestling! It's not going anywhere and the insiders in this country know that. Staniforth is not the problem. His only problem seems to be you guys! Just get off his back.

Also another thing I've been noticing from reading this forum is most of you guys don't actually have a clue what's really going on, let alone what your talking about. Even the promoters! The reason British wrestling will never go anywhere is because it's ran by clowns! Like the UK Kid for example. Complete waste of space that one. If you want someone to lay into then go for him!

Archived