Peter Staniforth

Iceman

Shamefully, when I first signed up here, I assumed PTW were a big BritWres group from the frequency with which Petey was mentioned on here. I think the online magazine with the stickied thread at the top of the forum had an interview with him as well, and it was about him being an "Internet Icon." I only ever clicked on the backstage promo stuff as well. It was ages before I saw video of an actual show of theirs and realised how small they were.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shamefully, when I first signed up here, I assumed PTW were a big BritWres group from the frequency with which Petey was mentioned on here. I think the online magazine with the stickied thread at the top of the forum had an interview with him as well, and it was about him being an "Internet Icon." I only ever clicked on the backstage promo stuff as well. It was ages before I saw video of an actual show of theirs and realised how small they were.

Petey and indeed PTW are prime example of controversy NOT creating cash.

He loves it when he gets talked about on here, with the often used line being "Ha, you think it bothers me. You all love talking about PTW. That's a good thing", when in reality they still only draw about 15 people to their shows.

Surprising really that being the laughing stock of a fan forum has done nothing to boost attendance figures?

• Paid Members
Ok I'm probably gonna get jumped on as soon as I write this but I feel it's only right to mention.

I'm not a fan from what I have seen and heard of PTW, I'm not a friend of Petey's in fact I've never even met him. I am his friend on Facebook though. About 2 months ago I put a status up about a certain decision I was going to make and he personally inboxed me. It's the only contact I've had with him and I really appreciated it.

As I say, I'm not a fan of PTW, I don't know him, and he does himself no favours with some of the stuff he puts out there. On this occassion though I have to give the devil his due. It was a nice gesture.

I await my punishment... :)

In fairness, I've heard from one or two people that Petey is, in most respects, a nice enough guy. Makes me wish he'd put his efforts into something he's better at.

Like, realistically, everything.

Yes, in defence of the guy, I have met him twice, and both times he was a nice enough guy. The first time he seemed very keen to get criticism and opinion for what actually wasn't a terrible show (not great either mind). The second time, also, nice enough guy, but it was an awful show which he seemed genuinly thrilled with afterwards and throughout the day did make a comment or two which baffled me, specifically complaining that the dressing room at the venue was too small, when he had 18 or 20 wrestlers on the show....of course it was too small!

Out of interest how much do you get paid on average per match?

I remember I asked a wrestler that, and he said to me, "Most guys would break your nose for asking that"

Its one of the more important aspects of the unwritten code of wrestlers.And its common sense anyway. Would you like it if I asked how much you earned from your job.

As for Petey, all I have to judge him on is his posting on UKFF which I am sure isn't a fair representation of the guy, I know I don't spent most of my time ranting bout womens wrestling and Britwres outside this forum.

On another point, I thought PTW had started operating without Staniforth.

Perhaps it's an unwritten rule because most wrestlers are embarrassed about how little they get paid for their appearances?

IMO it might benefit wrestlers to talk about it more so that you get a better idea of whether you're being shafted by promoters or not.

Perhaps it's an unwritten rule because most wrestlers are embarrassed about how little they get paid for their appearances?

IMO it might benefit wrestlers to talk about it more so that you get a better idea of whether you're being shafted by promoters or not.

Its actually so two wrestlers facing each other don't know what the others getting paid, if there was a huge difference between two guys it may inspire jealusly or mistrust.

Also would you ask your colleagues, your boss or your manager/supervisor what they get paid ? Its the same principle

• Paid Members

Its not a WrestleMania pay off. I can understand why Edge and Alberto Del Rio wont tell each other their payoffs, or when Roddy Piper got 600,000 and Bad News Allen got 50,000 for WMVI. But if Kongo Kev's just been paid 30 quid and Flatliners been paid 20 quid and had his travel expenses knocked off because the state has granted the old twat a bus pass, I cant see this pair holding the cards to their chest. When they accepts bookings, its no big secret when the people are dressed as chairs that your not going to Spain for your holidays this year.

• Paid Members

Its actually so two wrestlers facing each other don't know what the others getting paid, if there was a huge difference between two guys it may inspire jealusly or mistrust.

Also would you ask your colleagues, your boss or your manager/supervisor what they get paid ? Its the same principle

And if wrestlers actually stuck together and tried to get decent pay for all instead of being out for themselves they wouldn't have jealousy or mistrust.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in a position where I'm trusting my safety with some guy who is secretly pissed off that he's only getting a

Is there any full time wrestlers in this country?

Alot more than you would imagine

As in doing shows everyday? Didnt think it was like that in this country thought it was mainly a weekend thing if you get what i mean

Is there any full time wrestlers in this country?

Alot more than you would imagine

As in doing shows everyday? Didnt think it was like that in this country thought it was mainly a weekend thing if you get what i mean

Full time, as in their profession or every day, there is still more doing it than you think. Some even doing multiple shows a day.

Archived