Peter Staniforth

Iceman

Now I know that I am breaking the habit of a life time by posting on here but after what I've witnessed this past week I feel that I have to say something.

Now I know that I am not everyone's cup of tea and that some people may hate the very sight of my, but regardless of what your opinions are of me no one can argue that I have served my time and have taken my knocks and have worked very hard in professional wrestling.

With that being said I feel that I have a right to voice my opinions on the subject of wrestling.

Right now to the reason I am posting.

Last week I was randomly searching YouTube when I came across a Mr Peter Staniforth and PTW ( I won't call it a wrestling promotion ) Now over the years I've seen some crap, I've been involved in most of it. But when I watched Mr Saniforth and the utter crap he was infecting YouTube with it really grinds my gears ( thanks Family Guy) Then to top it off he's even went as far as to sit down and do a shoot interview. You clown what have you done to warrant a shoot interview?

Peter Staniforth my friend you are a joke and a disgrace to the wrestling business.

You try and get yourself over as Paul Heyman and some sort of hardcase, you want to learn how to hit someone with a chair before you attempt to use one. It looked pathetic, and then the so called wrestler bumping on a crash mat.

I really hope you reply to this as I would love to hear you defend yourself and your piss pot promotion. In box me with your number and well have a chat.

I would love to see you wage bill for your shows as I bet none if any of the lads get paid.

Its no wonder the job in this Country is on it's arse with people like him involved in it.

You and people like you are a joke to the real British wrestlers, they have no respect for you and and your kind and the hate your kind with a passion because you make wrestling a joke and destroy one town after another with the rubbish you promote.

Please do us all a favour and go away.

Also how can you have a World champion? Your belt gets defended once a month in Luton.

STRAWB.

Now people might say that it's none of my business but the way I see it it is my business because I love pro wrestling and I am proud to be part of it. Not only that I have good friends who work every night to try and make a living in wrestling and they spend everything they have on ring gear and going to the gym to try and look good and then you have these people who look like they've just walked in off the street.

It's a slap in the face to everyone of them.

Rant over.

BTW The UKFF is cool.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, im pretty sure 99% of UKFF will agree with everything you just said. But unfortunately there is no way we can stop promotions like this.

I do also find it funny when promotions have a 'world' champion when they're only defended in ONE location.

I would love for british wrestling to be big again but when people look for british wrestling on youtube and just find crap thats when we're screwed. The matches i had i feel were never good enough and didn't put them on youtube as i didn't wanna make british wrestling look bad, haha.

• Paid Members
Now I know that I am breaking the habit of a life time by posting on here but after what I've witnessed this past week I feel that I have to say something.

Now I know that I am not everyone's cup of tea and that some people may hate the very sight of my, but regardless of what your opinions are of me no one can argue that I have served my time and have taken my knocks and have worked very hard in professional wrestling.

With that being said I feel that I have a right to voice my opinions on the subject of wrestling.

Right now to the reason I am posting.

Last week I was randomly searching YouTube when I came across a Mr Peter Staniforth and PTW ( I won't call it a wrestling promotion ) Now over the years I've seen some crap, I've been involved in most of it. But when I watched Mr Saniforth and the utter crap he was infecting YouTube with it really grinds my gears ( thanks Family Guy) Then to top it off he's even went as far as to sit down and do a shoot interview. You clown what have you done to warrant a shoot interview?

Peter Staniforth my friend you are a joke and a disgrace to the wrestling business.

You try and get yourself over as Paul Heyman and some sort of hardcase, you want to learn how to hit someone with a chair before you attempt to use one. It looked pathetic, and then the so called wrestler bumping on a crash mat.

I really hope you reply to this as I would love to hear you defend yourself and your piss pot promotion. In box me with your number and well have a chat.

I would love to see you wage bill for your shows as I bet none if any of the lads get paid.

Its no wonder the job in this Country is on it's arse with people like him involved in it.

You and people like you are a joke to the real British wrestlers, they have no respect for you and and your kind and the hate your kind with a passion because you make wrestling a joke and destroy one town after another with the rubbish you promote.

Please do us all a favour and go away.

Also how can you have a World champion? Your belt gets defended once a month in Luton.

STRAWB.

Now people might say that it's none of my business but the way I see it it is my business because I love pro wrestling and I am proud to be part of it. Not only that I have good friends who work every night to try and make a living in wrestling and they spend everything they have on ring gear and going to the gym to try and look good and then you have these people who look like they've just walked in off the street.

It's a slap in the face to everyone of them.

Rant over.

BTW The UKFF is cool.

Like previously said, I don't think any one is going to disagree with what you've said; he's definitely never been shown in a positive light on here. I also think Petey knows he's shit (for want of a better term) due to disabling comments on his YouTube videos. It's just a shame he thinks he can have a laugh at the expense of others working so hard to bring a fledgeling industry back to some sort of level that isn't, "Wrestling at a WMC? LOL."

STRAWB.

Sorry to kind of go off topic, but what is a Strawb? I see it thrown around but have no idea what it means.

This is how Doug Williams explained it on Twitter:

Strawb is short for Strawberry Mivvy, Navy rhyming slang for Civvy. As in civilian, as in a regular person. In Wrestling terms a fan!

Strawb can also mean div, or cripple.

You'll have to wait until one of his mates tells him about this in the pub. Petey's well above reading the UKFF, although that won't stop him replying.

STRAWB.

Sorry to kind of go off topic, but what is a Strawb? I see it thrown around but have no idea what it means.

Strawb is short for Strawberry Mivvy, Navy rhyming slang for Civvy. As in civilian, as in a regular person. In Wrestling terms a fan!

I think Doug was being polite. I always thought it was Strawberry Mivvy, slang for Divvy. Therefore Strawb is used as an insult.

STRAWB.

I think Doug was being polite. I always thought it was Strawberry Mivvy, slang for Divvy. Therefore Strawb is used as an insult.

Correct, It is Divvy. Little bit surprised a promoter is unfamiliar with the term? Thought it was common knowledge inside the industry?

• Paid Members

Iceman, why do you think Peter should even bother responding to you?

If you yourself claim; "Now over the years I've seen some crap, I've been involved in most of it.", aren't you just as big a problem for BritWres~? If your the one who is involved in most of the crap that goes on, your just as much of a disgrace to the wrestling business and you are handing out just as big a slap in the face to everyone as he is.

Shitarse wrestlers are just as big a cancerous issue to British Wrestling as shitarse promoters who pay them. Your just as guilty as him for being one of them "I'm like that guy on TV" brained "wrestlers" out there.

If people are willing to watch a Peter Staniforth shoot video, then thats enough to warrant doing a shoot video. Surely its a basic, simple concept of supply and demand. Did you watch his shoot? If so, you must have been interested in its content, and therefore, it warrants existence, no?

Archived