Peter Staniforth

Iceman

Also how can you have a World champion? Your belt gets defended once a month in Luton.

STRAWB.

Sorry to kind of go off topic, but what is a Strawb? I see it thrown around but have no idea what it means.

This is how Doug Williams explained it on Twitter:

Strawb is short for Strawberry Mivvy, Navy rhyming slang for Civvy. As in civilian, as in a regular person. In Wrestling terms a fan!

I think Doug was being polite. I always thought it was Strawberry Mivvy, slang for Divvy. Therefore Strawb is used as an insult.

Correct, It is Divvy. Little bit surprised a promoter is unfamiliar with the term? Thought it was common knowledge inside the industry?

Cheers for clearing that up.

It's a term i've heard regularly, i'm just not really up to date with all the wrestling terms used on the net. I know what a 'mark' is, I know what a 'smart fan' is, and i'm guessing a 'smark' is a mixture of the two. And that's about as far as my knowledge on wrestling slang goes.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Iceman, why do you think Peter should even bother responding to you?

If you yourself claim; "Now over the years I've seen some crap, I've been involved in most of it.", aren't you just as big a problem for BritWres~? If your the one who is involved in most of the crap that goes on, your just as much of a disgrace to the wrestling business and you are handing out just as big a slap in the face to everyone as he is.

Shitarse wrestlers are just as big a cancerous issue to British Wrestling as shitarse promoters who pay them. Your just as guilty as him for being one of them "I'm like that guy on TV" brained "wrestlers" out there.

If people are willing to watch a Peter Staniforth shoot video, then thats enough to warrant doing a shoot video. Surely its a basic, simple concept of supply and demand. Did you watch his shoot? If so, you must have been interested in its content, and therefore, it warrants existence, no?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the irony of a self confessed shitarse* who is bigging himself, calling out another supposed shitarsed who has a reputation to bigging himself up.

However you do have a right to a opinion (as does Staniforth) but if you really want to condemn him, the best thing to do is NOT mention him.

(* Nice guy disclaimer: Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm just summarizing what you said about yourself in the first post. For all I know your a lovely bloke who is the next Doug Williams waiting to happen).

Iceman, why do you think Peter should even bother responding to you?

If you yourself claim; "Now over the years I've seen some crap, I've been involved in most of it.", aren't you just as big a problem for BritWres~? If your the one who is involved in most of the crap that goes on, your just as much of a disgrace to the wrestling business and you are handing out just as big a slap in the face to everyone as he is.

Shitarse wrestlers are just as big a cancerous issue to British Wrestling as shitarse promoters who pay them. Your just as guilty as him for being one of them "I'm like that guy on TV" brained "wrestlers" out there.

If people are willing to watch a Peter Staniforth shoot video, then thats enough to warrant doing a shoot video. Surely its a basic, simple concept of supply and demand. Did you watch his shoot? If so, you must have been interested in its content, and therefore, it warrants existence, no?

That was just me polite and humble, I am proud of almost everything I've done in the years I wrestled.

And I watched his shoot not because I was interested in what he had to say, I watched it because it was so cringe worthy I couldn't turn it off.

I don't understand your comment about "I'm like that guy off TV brained wrestlers. Are you saying I try to be like someone on TV? if so then who am I trying to be like.

Also I couldn't care less about your Shitarse remark but I take offence at being called a cancer to British Wrestling.

I've worked for the biggest wrestling promotions in Europe and i am proud of the fact of being one of the few that has acctually made a good living out of wrestling, working full time and not once in a blue moon. Also I have the respect of legends who are very respected because of my attitude and because of the way I conduct myself in and out of the ring.

Something tells me your a mate of Mr Staniforth.

• Paid Members
Anyone got any gifs for getting out popcorn? I can see where this is going.

130428003623.gif

You'd think that if the wrestlers weren't being paid, they would intimidate Staniforth into coughing up. It's not like our wrestlers don't have any muscle on th....

Oh. :(

• Paid Members

Never met the guy, never been to an event of his, never been to a BritWres~ show in my life, and I never will. So no, I'm not a friend of Staniforth's. Is this thread going to be a case of anyone who disagrees with you must be a mate of Petey?

Also I couldn't care less about your Shitarse remark but I take offence at being called a cancer to British Wrestling.

I was basing that purely on your own comment of being involved in most of the shite that has gone on over the years in British Wrestling. If what you were saying was true, then you would have been just as big an issue to British Wrestling as someone like Staniforth.

Never met the guy, never been to an event of his, never been to a BritWres~ show in my life, and I never will. So no, I'm not a friend of Staniforth's. Is this thread going to be a case of anyone who disagrees with you must be a mate of Petey?

I was basing that purely on your own comment of being involved in most of the shite that has gone on over the years in British Wrestling. If what you were saying was true, then you would have been just as big an issue to British Wrestling as someone like Staniforth.

Yeah mate sorry about that, I re read your comment and I realised what you were saying.

See wrestlers are nice people lol.

You lot are just gonna be making mr staniforth angry again!

as for bullet points:

: books shitarse *work for free* talent

:books himself in every single fucking angle and storyline on the show

: wears a baseball cap cos he thinks he's paul heyman

: does ridiculous shoots on the ukff before declaring he's far too important to be bothered by trivial places like this

: got the police wanting to speak to him for alleged hooliganism

: booked a one legged guy as a heel.. no seriously!

• Paid Members
can some one just whip up a quick bullet point list of the shitarsey Mr. Staniforth is responcible for... not the best educated.

I've only actually just watched that since it's been posted a second time. Cringeworthy.

I love Staniforth just because his mannerisms in wrestling videos on Youtube are hilarious. Besides the rumour that he's the voice guy for Badger (of Bodger & Badger fame), everything about him makes me laugh. From the wooden acting, the fact his image is very Paul Heyman yet isn't a sixth as popular, and how he manages to set himself up for a massive fall by posting on UKFF. I hope he never goes away.

Archived