Peter Staniforth

Iceman

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the interest of fair comparison & disclosure though, here's a clip of Iceman doing his "thing", followed by the shittest song (and band) for a promo video ever.

lol

I know I said I wouldn't post again but after seeing that I couldn't help myself, that had to be the worst thing I've seen in my life.

I remember the song and it brought back so many cringe worthy memories.

Everyone has a little dark secret that they don't want anyone finding out about and the WZW Light the fuse song is one of mine.

Whilst it brought back bad memories it also brought back some fond memories of WZW and the times we had way back then. We were a very young group that went from strength to strength and grew to be a solid little promotion that was responsible for promoting some outstanding shows with world class wrestlers.

I really don't think you can compare the two because whilst I will admit that the skit was really bad and I will be the first to admit that. You have to take into account how long ago that was and we all were young and still learning the job, no one is perfect straight away, we all have to learn and progress. And we did as is evident in the shows that were promoted later on by WZW.

Also money was put into the production, no wrestler ever worked for free and every effort was made to better the product.

Right the difference between PTW and the WZW and wrestlers that were shown in that clip is we were young and starting out with an ambition to get better, and we did. Whilst PTW and other shows of this nature don't care how they look, are only concerned on putting shows on to get the promoter over, don't pay the workers and ruin whatever town they run in.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane though.

Hope iam not back again lol.

• Paid Members
I know I said I wouldn't post again but after seeing that I couldn't help myself

Don't let this forum get the best of you, you've already seen first-hand what it did to me! ;)

To be honest, as a hanger-on of wZw I did see it grow. The owners (Carl and Gary) were passionate about the scene and passionate about improving both it and wZw, and had a team of equally-passionate guys such as Iceman, as well as Spitfire, AJ Anderson, Full Pack, John Britain and many others. It did feel cliquey at times, and whether that was intentional or not I don't know, but there was always a feeling of, "How can we make the next show better next time we hit [insert town, say Whitley Bay]?"

By the time wZw folded, it was running larger venues such as leisure centres with impression production values. It had a professional film team, it hired in professional lighting rigs and stages, and had some of the better talent in the North East that were playing gimmicks unique to wZw rather than being "just another North East wrestling show with the same talent". It's just a shame that it ended due to the reason I heard through the grapevine. I never saw an empty house, so it would be interesting to see where wZw would be today if it hadn't of closed up shop and continued to grow as it had done.

• Paid Members
Out of interest how much do you get paid on average per match?

Uh-oh...

?

It's an unwritten rule that wrestlers aren't asked their wage, much like it's not polite to ask someone else their salary. You're very unlikely to get that information from the horse's mouth on a fan forum.

• Paid Members
Out of interest how much do you get paid on average per match?

Uh-oh...

?

It's an unwritten rule that wrestlers aren't asked their wage, much like it's not polite to ask someone else their salary. You're very unlikely to get that information from the horse's mouth on a fan forum.

I have not got a wrestling rule book to hand but even if I did this unwritten rule could not be read for it is unwritten. Surley an Uh-oh is pretty pointless and what you said above was far more insightful.

Iceman has already said he would not pack his bag for

• Paid Members
In the interest of fair comparison & disclosure though, here's a clip of Iceman doing his "thing", followed by the shittest song (and band) for a promo video ever.

lol

I know I said I wouldn't post again but after seeing that I couldn't help myself, that had to be the worst thing I've seen in my life.

Everyone has a little dark secret that they don't want anyone finding out about and the WZW Light the fuse song is one of mine.

Whilst it brought back bad memories it also brought back some fond memories of WZW and the times we had way back then. We were a very young group that went from strength to strength and grew to be a solid little promotion that was responsible for promoting some outstanding shows with world class wrestlers.

I really don't think you can compare the two because whilst I will admit that the skit was really bad and I will be the first to admit that. You have to take into account how long ago that was and we all were young and still learning the job, no one is perfect straight away, we all have to learn and progress. And we did as is evident in the shows that were promoted later on by WZW.

Also money was put into the production, no wrestler ever worked for free and every effort was made to better the product.

Right the difference between PTW and the WZW and wrestlers that were shown in that clip is we were young and starting out with an ambition to get better, and we did. Whilst PTW and other shows of this nature don't care how they look, are only concerned on putting shows on to get the promoter over, don't pay the workers and ruin whatever town they run in.

I wasn't having a go. I like WZW and Gary Graham - they did good things - and I think you're a decent bloke too - I only posted that because it was funny and I remembered I had it on my PC from years ago.

• Paid Members
I have not got a wrestling rule book to hand but even if I did this unwritten rule could not be read for it is unwritten. Surley an Uh-oh is pretty pointless and what you said above was far more insightful.

Iceman has already said he would not pack his bag for

lol

I wasn't having a go. I like WZW and Gary Graham - they did good things - and I think you're a decent bloke too - I only posted that because it was funny and I remembered I had it on my PC from years ago.

First of all "decent bloke" I am the nicest man you will ever meet lol, and that includes Ghandi, Nelson Mandella and Santa Clause.

I never thought you were having a go big lad, I was just pointing out the difference between WZW and PTW.

Also I don't like to discuss how much I used to charge, wrestlers I am close to know as do the promoters I've worked for in the past but that's a thing I think should be kept private.

The lad who made the pound coin comment, you've made my day lol. I would love to know who you are or if you were there.

The reason I don't like to post on here is because I can easily get cought up in what is written on this forum and have been known to lose my temper ( the lad who made the pound coin comment will know that lol ) and I don't think it would be professional of me to get caught up in arguments on a fan forum.

I started this thread so I will try and bring it to a close.

I love wrestling as does Peter Staniforth and other promoters out there, also the people on this forum, the reason I brought PTW to light was because of the way I feel about wrestling in this Country and I wanted to make people aware of these shows so that workers and fans bypass them and they close.

My intention was to try and further British wrestling, full stop.

To his credit Peter Staniforth has contacted me and was big enough to ask for advise ( not that I consider myself to be someone to be asked advise ) but he did. It's up to him if he takes in what I said and works on bettering his product.

At the end of the day let's just enjoy wrestling.

Have a good day lads.

Staniforth has been given plenty of solid, constructive advice on here (in between lots of mocking, most of which was justified), but he's shown to not ever listen to it.

Even I have offered up advice in the past and I'm far less worthy to give advice than someone like Iceman who has worked in the industry for years. Most of what I have said in the past was simply common sense stuff - book shows with less matches so you can pay for better quality workers instead of quantity, make the focus of the shows the wrestlers, not yourself etc...

Archived