Peter Staniforth

Iceman

• Paid Members
Edit

Also in those videos, you can see that they are very well attended, have ring lights and guard rails, the wrestling quality isnt the best in the world but it isn't that bad either imo.

Im not trying to act like the king shit, but peter has not changed and he never will. People sticking up for this moron is ridiculous.

I don't proclaim to be a big hot shot promoter or even advertise my events on here, I work hard promoting my events and producing the best show I possibly can.

Well as long as you have ring lights and guard rails. Thats the main thing for a wrestling company isnt it

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeh that video is nearly 4 years old

Try this one

Looks the same. Minus the bit of pyro of course.

Have to be honest I thought it looked good man , the set up looks mint with the lighting etc , I'm gonna go Sunday and check it out for myself just like I gave PTW a chance.

Try this one

Have to be honest I thought it looked good man , the set up looks mint with the lighting etc , I'm gonna go Sunday and check it out for myself just like I gave PTW a chance.

Thanks dude, would appreciate your feedback afterwards aswell.

Try this one

Thanks dude, would appreciate your feedback afterwards aswell.

No problem , I think it is great when a promoter asks for feedback , I always do and think that it is a good way to improve. The day we don't listen we might as well go home and try something new !

I like that you changed your name from East Anglia Wrestling, because you weren't running in East Anglia, to Extreme American Wrestling...

:confused:

It wasn't East Anglian Wrestling though, and now it's not Extreme America Wrestling. Don't see the problem!

Also and peter if you send me a private message don't block me from replying to you?!

EAW hold very successful shows the first Sunday of every month and has done so for over a year. For the last 8 years we have ran successful shows every few months until we decided to run monthly. For the record we have decent production values, good attendances and decent wrestlers with proper attire. We are miles ahead of ptw. O and we changed our name a couple years ago... check out our website www.EAWrestling.co.uk or our show this Sunday in Rushden

Edit

Also in those videos, you can see that they are very well attended, have ring lights and guard rails, the wrestling quality isnt the best in the world but it isn't that bad either imo.

Im not trying to act like the king shit, but peter has not changed and he never will. People sticking up for this moron is ridiculous.

I don't proclaim to be a big hot shot promoter or even advertise my events on here, I work hard promoting my events and producing the best show I possibly can.

Why do you hate Peter so much?

I don't know Peter and I barely know the UK scene at all, i'm just a video editor looking for work! But, I love wrestling and would give anything to be the guy making the entrance videos, promos or be a referee, manager, commentator, whatever, I know I can't be a wrestler because of my asthma but if I could I would have tried a long time ago.

Anyway, shouldn't all of you small companies be working together? Surely you'd make more money that way. Why have 30 crap companies when you can put together and have one decent one? As I said, i don't know the UK scene but do you not think an NWA type set up would be beneficial in the UK? One UK Champion that goes to all the promotions, put all your shows on youtube. If one of my videos can get half a million views on youtube then you have no excuse.

If you are 'miles ahead of PTW' then why do you find the need to trash them? You don't see Vince McMahon trashing CZW, hell, you don't even see him trashing TNA. If you're so 'above' PTW then act like it.

I don't know you at all Neil, much like I don't know Peter but at least he came in here and whether these people agreed with him or not he was civil about the matter. You've come in and started talking shit about him. Who are you to talk like that? Please tell me what puts you above Mr Staniforth. Ring lights nor guard rails make a good wrestling promotion.

I for one, and other PTW people, can't wait to hear Nick's 'recollection' of last July. Should be amusing to hear him justify his sending his wrestlers out in EAW tshirts to PTW shows in Northamptonshire, with the sole and only premise of causing trouble and being abusive with PTW wrestlers, myself, and my family. A favour, that it must be noted, PTW never returned; the same happened with those lovely people down the road at TAW, who you only work with out of sheer hate of me, and for whatever people say about me and PTW, we never returned that favour in person either (despite the temptations...)

I'll be even more amused to hear his public version of what happened in Rushden, as the rose tinted glasses and selective memory should be on a whole new level even for him.

Nick, you're just not worth swearing about, or kicking off with anymore. You're probably also the only bloke I know who could make a semi justified (though your behaviour provoked it entirely) complaint to Northamptonshire Police, and have it laughed out and thrown out; simply because, and I quote : "this bloke has got on our nerves so much today, we're going to let the situation drop". But that's where your bitterness is now, isn't it? Whilst the rest of us move on, and carry on with our lives and trying to make them better; you have to carry on whinging some more and being so negative.

But on a far more professional note, I may not be perfect, or PTW, but at least I've always tried to take PTW round the country (Yorkshire, Liverpool, Staffordshire, Isle of Sheppey, etc), to bring in wrestlers from all around the country, and bigger 'names' when possible. You've always run the same area, and with the same self trained wrestlers. A few flashy lights to take people's attention off of what's in the ring, and a guardrail or two, well, that's up to you I suppose. You're probably still shouting at your mother on the merch table, and your father as a referee; in probably the most disturbing case of a son abusing their parents publically that anyone could ever witness.

Anyway, enough of that, and my apologies for another post on here; as I'd prefer to chill out somewhat, and not deal with this kind of negativity anymore in my life. I really don't need to say anything else anyway, bar this small defence of things, as people will soon see what you're like, and that will say far more than I ever could.

But I will give the people an option, rather like Asda or Sainsbury's....to go to your your show in Rushden on Sunday, or to come and see not one, but two PTW shows this weekend, with free entry, at Wellingborough's Party in the Park, and Carnival events. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Anyway, shouldn't all of you small companies be working together? Surely you'd make more money that way. Why have 30 crap companies when you can put together and have one decent one? As I said, i don't know the UK scene but do you not think an NWA type set up would be beneficial in the UK? One UK Champion that goes to all the promotions, put all your shows on youtube. If one of my videos can get half a million views on youtube then you have no excuse.

can-of-worms.jpg

can-of-worms.jpg

You seem rather opinionated on a subject that you openly admit to having little knowledge of? Lets just do the maths on your "One UK Champion" Theory? The vast majority of Uk shows are on a Fri/Sat/Sunday, So it would take "Our" Champion 10 weeks to work on everyone of the "30 crap promotions" presuming by some massive coincidence that all dates are suitable for the venues/promoters/workers. Even if by some miracle this worked out for everyone & the Champion started getting lots of hits on Youtube for his title defences, How long before WWE/TNA came sniffing for his services? Add to the fact that there are more promotions that hate each other, Than actually work together?

There are probably a million other reasons why this cant work, I just thought of a few off the top of my head.

• Paid Members
But on a far more professional note, I may not be perfect, or PTW, but at least I've always tried to take PTW round the country (Yorkshire, Liverpool, Staffordshire, Isle of Sheppey, etc), to bring in wrestlers from all around the country, and bigger 'names' when possible. You've always run the same area, and with the same self trained wrestlers. A few flashy lights to take people's attention off of what's in the ring, and a guardrail or two, well, that's up to you I suppose. You're probably still shouting at your mother on the merch table, and your father as a referee; in probably the most disturbing case of a son abusing their parents publically that anyone could ever witness.

Do you not see why people may take offence or a disliking to with paragraphs like this?

Archived