Peter Staniforth

Iceman

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I was trying to keep all the shit in the same topic Julian, but I reckoned without the deductive powers of Cromers #1 wrestling and MMA journalist obviously

Okay guys, I've definitely learnt a few things from joining this discussion and I am now ready to move on and check out some other threads, but before I do I'd just like to say a few things before I leave.

With regards to Mark Sloan: I said in my first comment that Sloan didn't even look athletic, in fairness from videos I've seen recently on the FWA Academy youtube account Sloan was looking in decent shape. I appreciate that the better the wrestlers the better the shows (should be), Sloan wanted/wants his promotion to be the best it can be, just like every other promoter. Though in Sloans response to my post regarding the FWA Academy, he left things out, something I've seen him do with other peoples comments accusing him of the same sort of stuff from there own personal experiances over youtube videos. However, I think I have been a bit out of line saying some of what I've said though, and this isn't an interrigation nor is there anything to really accomplish in the end of the day. I'd like to appoligise to Mark for being a bit over zealous and forgetting the bigger picture, yes you have done a lot for British wrestling and are obviously very good at what you do. I hope no offense was taken. I've never met you, I don't know you and I probably never will.

With regards to the UK Kid: I admit I have had some gripe with Kid, which I admit was a bit pointless bringing on here, though I wanted to use it to make a point. Even if everyone did sit around taking the piss out and slagging off Kid (which they have done if you check out the UK Kid on Dragons Den thread) it wouldn't stop him doing what he does. Though for the record I don't think (and I am pretty sure) he makes a full time living from pro wrestling. That's certainly not the impression he gave me anyway.

With regards to Staniforth: First of all, again and for the very last time, I am not Peter Staniforth. I just really wanted to know why you rip into him so much, I can see now that Staniforth may have brought some of it on himself a bit by not thinking before he opens his mouth with a lot of knee jerk responses. He sounds like (and has said himself) he was bitter and had a chip on his shoulder, probably due to non wrestling related issues in his life. However Staniforth is the underdog, where as guys like Mark Sloan and the UK Kid have the high ground. I was never suggesting we lay into UK Kid, just if were going to point the finger to spread it out and not just focus on Staniforth because other people in the industry have their major faults too. I agree that there is definitly a gang mentality going on in this forum and it's mainly aimed at Peter.

I admit my approach has been a bit ridiculous when I look at it from your point of view. It must seem very random indeed me showing up out the blue and defending Staniforth. Though I want to say people aren't going to go to PTW shows and think that represents all of British wrestling. There'll go and if they do think "that was shit", there'll just turn on WWE, and want to go to another local show by another promoter, which may be better. The guy's harmless. If Peter runs shows as a hobby what's the problem? Didn't Mark Sloan start off doing it as a hobby? Did he get shit for it then? If Staniforth isn't even professional why is he even on the radar of people concerned about this countries wrestling scene? I mean you get guys playing football professionally and as a hobby? You don't get Premier league managers slagging off Sunday league managers because they're concerned they'll damage the football industry in this country do you?

Why do the trainers in this country always have to focus on people who can make it to WWE/TNA/JAPAN standard? I mean not all Sunday league football clubs get guys who can't go onto the premiership but they don't turn them away, they keep them and play them, and if they're really shit they're subs. In pro wrestling as long as the promoter trains people safely and competently enough to work a passable what's the problem ?

Thank you for your time,

The Stupid Dragon.

P.S. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some pub in Luton later, as Peter goes around asking all his mates if they're the stupid dragon. Three words Mr Staniforth wild goose chase! Hahahahahaha.

• Paid Members
Why do the trainers in this country always have to focus on people who can make it to WWE/TNA/JAPAN standard? I mean not all Sunday league football clubs get guys who can't go onto the premiership but they don't turn them away, they keep them and play them, and if they're really shit they're subs. In pro wrestling as long as the promoter trains people safely and competently enough to work a passable what's the problem ?

Sunday football clubs don't charge people to see their shows. Bad promotions do. That's the difference.

With regards to Mark Sloan: I said in my first comment that Sloan didn't even look athletic, in fairness from videos I've seen recently on the FWA Academy youtube account Sloan was looking in decent shape. I appreciate that the better the wrestlers the better the shows (should be), Sloan wanted/wants his promotion to be the best it can be, just like every other promoter. Though in Sloans response to my post regarding the FWA Academy, he left things out, something I've seen him do with other peoples comments accusing him of the same sort of stuff from there own personal experiances over youtube videos. However, I think I have been a bit out of line saying some of what I've said though, and this isn't an interrigation nor is there anything to really accomplish in the end of the day. I'd like to appoligise to Mark for being a bit over zealous and forgetting the bigger picture, yes you have done a lot for British wrestling and are obviously very good at what you do. I hope no offense was taken. I've never met you, I don't know you and I probably never will.

No offense taken, and as explained that people have said that same towards training centre's all over the world and I'm never going to be exempt, I replied with a genuine and honest generalization as what you had heard is untrue.

You said that I left bits out, which if you want to email me (mark@amerchandise.co.uk), I will be happy to answer, HOWEVER the accusations you referenced are actually untrue, therefore there isn't actually anything to answer, I can't make up an answer for a question that is made up.

I would never have said I was in amazing shape, I did try and got pretty bad injured weight lifting, which affects me to this very day, people who know me, know how bad it effects me day to day. From that point my shape wasn't to that standard.

Feel free to drop me an email, I don't have any problem discussing stuff with you over email. I however won't get into a public debate about lies and untruths, it's pointless for us all.

I could comment on this but to be honest I can't speak for any other school other than my own but it was never like that. The FWA Academy was about being the best you can be. If you didn't have the desire to be the best you normally found it a struggle to keep up with the ones who did. Our training was the most demanding and our focus was to train the very best wrestlers possible. It wasn't about being a "school" we were an ACADEMY, the very top of the training tree and our record is still uncomparable in just about everywhere outside of Japan, Mexico, FCW and OVW.

Most schools are set up to make money. We were not, we were set up to produce top talent. Hence why our centre looked amazing and had a national appeal. FWA and the FWA Academy were totally seperate there was an FWA London School and FWA Manchester school which were seperate entities entirely.

All I'm going to say about the piece in the Metro (which I didn't chase up myself, and came as a surprise today), is in the thread on that, that is on here. My sentiments on that, are there, I've said my piece to explain to you, as I'm starting to care a bit more what's said and take feedback on board more; and I hope for the benefit of the doubt from people with it. Well, people that matter, which clearly rules Nick out.

Stupid Dragon : No idea who you are, fella, and to be honest, I don't need to know; isn't anything to do with me, and I have no need to chase geese, wild or tame. I don't have any issue with anything you've said, not that it'd matter if I did, as I'm at a stage where people's opinions are their own, and respected by me. Well, bar Nick's, but again, I don't think people really listen to him anyway :thumbsup:

All I'm going to say about the piece in the Metro (which I didn't chase up myself, and came as a surprise today), is in the thread on that, that is on here. My sentiments on that, are there, I've said my piece to explain to you, as I'm starting to care a bit more what's said and take feedback on board more; and I hope for the benefit of the doubt from people with it. Well, people that matter, which clearly rules Nick out.

Stupid Dragon : No idea who you are, fella, and to be honest, I don't need to know; isn't anything to do with me, and I have no need to chase geese, wild or tame. I don't have any issue with anything you've said, not that it'd matter if I did, as I'm at a stage where people's opinions are their own, and respected by me. Well, bar Nick's, but again, I don't think people really listen to him anyway :thumbsup:

If you picture Ultimate Warrior while reading the first section of this it almost...almost makes sense.

peters next show facebook event page for anyone interested: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109611299128261

Notice himself on the poster still and the unprofessional attitude of the write up:

"Yeaaaaaaaah boy! Power Trip Wrestling, in the midst of their largest UK touring schedule in the four plus year history of the company, are making sure there's time to come home to their beloved hometown of Luton! Whilst many people and shows, etc, are proud to be from their hometown, no-one quite shouts their love of where they are from and based, like we do at Power Trip Wrestling!

Why waste time and money with other wrestling shows in Bedfordshire, when you can spend an evening with the only promotion in the county that's been featured on National Television (BBC2, Sky Digital), and BBC Radio (3 Counties Radio, BBC Radio Northampton), on many occasions? That's right, and that's us, we are Power Trip Wrestling, and anything else is a poor imitation of 'Professional Wrestling's Answer To Reality Television'!

We've also got special musical guests in the building for this show, with Bedfordshire's premier rock band Due To Loss, and also the mc's and dj from BST (visit www.subbassfm.com for more details), so whether you're into rock music, or dubstep/dnb, your taste in music is covered!

When : Friday 15th July 2011

Where : Stopsley Working Mens Club, 3 Putteridge Road, Luton, LU2 8HG.

Times : Doors open 6pm, Show starts 6.30pm

Tickets :

Blimey, with the jobcentre shame-doc thing now announced, Petey's UKFF face turn was short-lived! Set up the big reveal that he's got more BritWres-ruining plans up his sleeve nicely, mind. Well done on that front.

Featuring all of your favourite PTW stars like PTW World Champion 'Teetotal' Thomas Stevens, 'Luton's Most Wanted' P.T. Player, Sean Midnight, and many more will be announced nearer the time!"

I thought he said he'd stopped booking the specials.

Blimey, with the jobcentre shame-doc thing now announced, Petey's UKFF face turn was short-lived! Set up the big reveal that he's got more BritWres-ruining plans up his sleeve nicely, mind. Well done on that front.

Featuring all of your favourite PTW stars like PTW World Champion 'Teetotal' Thomas Stevens, 'Luton's Most Wanted' P.T. Player, Sean Midnight, and many more will be announced nearer the time!"

I thought he said he'd stopped booking the specials.

I love that fact that he's the second "favourite PTW Star" after the Champ, despite the fact he plays an evil Heel manager!? Nice to see he's still putting himself on the posters.

No ego involved though, of course not.

• Paid Members
peters next show facebook event page for anyone interested: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109611299128261

It says there is "51 people attending"!? Attendance record? Oh wait... there all wrestlers and staff :(

Are the staff getting paid at least national minimum wage?

Archived