WWE Raw 13/06/2011 3 Hour "All Star Night"

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
The 'Little Jimmy and Little Jenny' stuff is perfect. Being the root of what sent R-Truth off his rocker, now detesting that he used to pander to them so much and it got him no where, really dwelling on that fact and targeting Cena (someone who panders to those same 'Little Jimmys' and enjoys great success with it) is all very logical. Having no music is a brilliant touch to the character. It's great when a little change makes a massive difference and just clicks. Truth is tearing into this role. Good on him, he's been patient and probably as frustrated as anyone at his previous position.

Seconded. The Little Jimmy catchphrase is the highlight of Raw. "Don't boo me, you should be booing yourself" always makes me laugh as well. And he's a complete nutcase as well. Its easy to get lost in the humour until he goes mental and starts beating people up.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at one point a few weeks back, before settling on Little Jimmy, R-Truth mentioned Little Ronnie. I liked that, it reminded me of both Heidenreich and Corbett.

I got really annoyed watching the women's match on Raw because of how bad Kelly Kelly is. It's long been an irk of mine, but I hadn't paid it much heed for the last year or so, either because she'd improved or I just stopped being bothered. Anyway, after she was on Tough Enough the other week going "I've been here five years and I'm just now getting into a groove" she was absolutely terrible on Raw. She still can't even bounce off the fucking ropes, and her mounted punches just looked like total playfighting. It's pedantic to even criticise her, really, because she's got her good qualities and people like her so her act does work in spite of technique. But by jove, it bugs me when she's that bad. Worse than a trainee, like.

I think at one point a few weeks back, before settling on Little Jimmy, R-Truth mentioned Little Ronnie. I liked that, it reminded me of both Heidenreich and Corbett.

I'm sure he said Little Ronnie too and I instantly thought of this little fucker

Didn't he guest host Raw at some point or was a guest? R-Truth and his character from Role Models would be brilliant!

Was just having a think here. With WWE Capitol Punishment being in Washington DC do you think there will be the possibility of a return of "The Animal" Batista?

Was just having a think here. With WWE Capitol Punishment being in Washington DC do you think there will be the possibility of a return of "The Animal" Batista?

Honestly? I don't think so. However I'd LOVE for it to happen. If you need Cena to go up against someone for the next few months, heel Batista. He could get his hometown pop on his return, via interference or promo or whatever and then turn heel.

Batista was doing his best stuff character wise when he left and he's that star that WWE have been missing for a while now

• Paid Members
The 'Little Jimmy and Little Jenny' stuff is perfect. Being the root of what sent R-Truth off his rocker, now detesting that he used to pander to them so much and it got him no where, really dwelling on that fact and targeting Cena (someone who panders to those same 'Little Jimmys' and enjoys great success with it) is all very logical. Having no music is a brilliant touch to the character. It's great when a little change makes a massive difference and just clicks. Truth is tearing into this role. Good on him, he's been patient and probably as frustrated as anyone at his previous position.

Seconded. The Little Jimmy catchphrase is the highlight of Raw. "Don't boo me, you should be booing yourself" always makes me laugh as well. And he's a complete nutcase as well. Its easy to get lost in the humour until he goes mental and starts beating people up.

The other thing that is grand is his "I'm a good R-Truth" followed by him kicking the shit out of somebody. R-Truth is quality, he's had so many segments that could have fallen on their arse but WWE appear to have something that clicks with what they write - just a shame they'll not go all out for it.

I think the mix of comedy and menace is excellent. It's like Macho Madness meets Ric Flair.

He has an interview with Wrestling Observer Radio coming up, maybe he'll let something slip then.

I don't get how anyone can complain about R Truth at the moment. They're doing a brilliant job with him, he's completely off his rocker, and he's fucking hilarious sometimes.

Agreed, i very rarely laugh at anything in the WWE as there comedy is usually woeful, but every segment R-Truth has been in so far since turning heel has made me laugh at least once.

Loved his capital punishment promo the other week, going on about getting thrown out of a boat :laugh:

But the highlight of R-Truth so far for me was this week, after taking out John Morrison and walking off, he returns to shout "Take that little jimmy!" to a great crowd reaction.

Brillient.

Don't really get why it was called All-Star night, was expecting something similar to the Old School Raw, suppose it was just to plug the game

Fast forwarded through most of it, only really Piper's Pit I was interested in, got Riley over pretty well, R-Truth was quality at the end too

Agree with what a few people have said about the Diva's. most of them could be sacked tomorrow and I wouldn't notice, The Bellas do get fitter every week though

There wasn't that much they could've done with the All-Star concepts, maybe had an in-ring Austin vs Punk confrontation. The concept of the game is Old vs New. The game's fantasy warfare mode presents the following matches:

Cena vs Hogan

Punk vs Austin

Taker vs Michaels

HHH vs Rock

Big Show vs Andre

Edge vs Bret

Orton vs Jake

Sheamus vs Warrior

Morrison vs Savage

Mysterio vs Guerrero

Kane vs Snuka

Kofi vs Steamboat

McIntyre vs Piper

Swagger vs Slaughter

None of those were really possible, bar the last couple.There are very few Legends at all in the game who are on good terms with WWE, available and healthy enough to have done much on Raw. It would've been more accurate to have just called it "Stone Cold Raw" really.

Archived