WWE Raw 13/06/2011 3 Hour "All Star Night"

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
Including those as dream matches in the game was a big cop-out. But they're no more likely to have happened on Raw this week than Miz vs Mr Perfect anyway.

No, I meant the whole "Old vs. New" thing - they're all contemporaries of each other.

Difficult, though - whom could one choose from the past to face Undertaker who's similar? Same with The Rock, seeing as Hogan's already had his match with him.

Michaels, maybe against Rick Rude; HHH, perhaps Lord Alfred Hayes? Difficult to think of any big-name snob gimmicks.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Including those as dream matches in the game was a big cop-out. But they're no more likely to have happened on Raw this week than Miz vs Mr Perfect anyway.

No, I meant the whole "Old vs. New" thing - they're all contemporaries of each other.

Yeah I know, that's what I didn't like about it.

Difficult, though - whom could one choose from the past to face Undertaker who's similar? Same with The Rock, seeing as Hogan's already had his match with him.

Michaels, maybe against Rick Rude; HHH, perhaps Lord Alfred Hayes? Difficult to think of any big-name snob gimmicks.

HHH is a current wrestler, it would be based on him now, it wouldn't be a "biggest snob" match. But it's not like the game designers were after perfect fits anyway. Snuka vs Kane is very very spurious, and Savage vs Morrison is no better. Had Kennedy still been around, Kennedy vs Rock would've been a decent one to have. No idea who could go against Undertaker though. There's nobody in WWE's past that's a big enough name, has something significant in common, and wasn't a contemporary of him. Well Andre, but him vs Big Show makes more sense.

• Paid Members

HHH is a current wrestler, it would be based on him now, it wouldn't be a "biggest snob" match. But it's not like the game designers were after perfect fits anyway. Snuka vs Kane is very very spurious, and Savage vs Morrison is no better. Had Kennedy still been around, Kennedy vs Rock would've been a decent one to have. No idea who could go against Undertaker though. There's nobody in WWE's past that's a big enough name, has something significant in common, and wasn't a contemporary of him. Well Andre, but him vs Big Show makes more sense.

I figured HHH wouldn't be in as a snob, but his current gimmick's not really identifiable as such. I suppose, in terms of how he and WWE would have us believe, and in terms of whom he's modeled himself after, Ric Flair would be the most obvious, but we've seen that already and Flair's not available.

What's the Kane/Snuka link? Can't figure that out.

I figured HHH wouldn't be in as a snob, but his current gimmick's not really identifiable as such. I suppose, in terms of how he and WWE would have us believe, and in terms of whom he's modeled himself after, Ric Flair would be the most obvious, but we've seen that already and Flair's not available.

Harley Race would be another, if going outside the WWE banner -- though I can't see the game doing that, since no fucker knows who Harley Race is other than he used to wear a crown and then he managed Vader. And even one of them things was in WCW. I'm not sure why Flair wasn't in the game either, Hogan's in it. Macho Man vs Triple H is what I'd probably have gone with. Both guided to the top by women. Both kings. I dunno. Triple H vs Macho Man is a genuine dream match though. Triple H vs Rock and Macho Man vs John Morrison aren't.

What's the Kane/Snuka link? Can't figure that out.

"Ruthless aggression" apparently. Which I think is THQ code for "we had to pair up every wrestler on the game somehow, and these were the last two."

I know people will disagree with me here, but everytime there's a crowd who are anti-Cena I cant' help but think it makes his babyface character even stronger. There's just soemthing of the Hemingway hero about him. He's not always liked but he stands by what he believes in regardless. I know in the conventional and traditional sense that's an odd statement but then in the traditional sense Cena's would be a pretty well loved character anyway.

Truth's awesome. And I hope Riley goes over Miz, the fans are willing getting behind him and a win over the Miz would only take him further. Miz is probably a strong enough heel to take it too.

• Paid Members
And I hope Riley goes over Miz, the fans are willing getting behind him and a win over the Miz would only take him further. Miz is probably a strong enough heel to take it too.

Too true. Miz losing to Bryan at last year's Night Of Champions was a popular result and really established Bryan, and did fuck all to derail Miz' march to the title.

Archived