TV actors that crop up in films

Teedy Kay

• Paid Members
We used to play a game called "Len Spotting" at work, where you got 5 points for a TV show with Jim Norton in it, and 10 for a movie.

He's been in shitloads.

Oh aye. Didn't he play someone's butler or something in that one episode of Frasier?

He did indeed.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love watching all the old shows like 'The Professionals' and 'The Sweeney' on ITV 4. The amount of "That's whats his name" actors who crop up in those is silly. I remember an episode of The Professionals where Fred Elliott from Corrie was a spy hanging around a cemetery. And in one episode they seemed to have half the cast from Scum in it (although sadly they never got round to buggering anyone in a greenhouse!) The Gary Oldman film 'The Firm' is god for that too - Benny from Grange Hill, Jim McDonald from Corrie and Mickey Pearce from Only Fools, Phil Mitchell from Eastenders all combined the Hollywood goodness that is Mr Oldman. it's like they took one major player from every TV show!

• Paid Members

Not sure if it counts, but I marked a little when I realised the actor who plays Commissioner Loeb in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight was also the voice of Sgt. Slipper in the Dennis The Menace UK animated series, as well as the voice of various TV adverts and more recently, The Cube.

Not sure if it counts, but I marked a little when I realised the actor who plays Commissioner Loeb in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight was also the voice of Sgt. Slipper in the Dennis The Menace UK animated series, as well as the voice of various TV adverts and more recently, The Cube.

He was in Coronation Street quite recently too, and has been in Black Books. One of those actors that seems to turn up everywhere - mainly because he's got a great voice.

EDIT - I see that the Dark Knight was mentioned - that also features a fleeting appearance from Mandy from Hollyoaks, as Eric Roberts' bint.

• Paid Members
Not a movie, but whilst watching a season six episode of Seinfeld the other day, the gay german out of Allo Allo cropped up.

I know the guy you're on about. He seems to pop up a lot in those crappy Sci-Fi channel TV Movies a lot now. Usually playing a meany.

He also played a dockmaster in one of the first scenes of the first Pirates of The Caribbean film.

Talking about Allo Allo,

Richard Mariner who was Colonel Von Strohm in Allo Allo wass President Zorkin in The Sum of All Fears, and is in the African Queen and Ice Cold in Alex, The Dirty Dozen among others as well

just last year i watched superman the one with richard pryer and a wee miner guy pops up and i said, thats archie f'n mitchel, so i checked imdb and low n behold there he was, aussie soaps and cell block h and and angel from home and away in alias.

• Paid Members

The first Matrix had a few Australian TV actors in it - IIRC, it was largely filmed in Sydney, so this would explain it. The girl with the white rabbit tattoo was that Greek bint from Heartbreak High (Woyzeck can confirm), and Mouse was played by Damien from Home & Away.

Also, X-Men: First Class features

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Suze from Gimme Gimme Gimme as Xavier's "mum".

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived