Wrestling & MMA Gifs *NSFW*

obama_316

• Moderators
Davey usually lands the move on the opponent's chest and uses the top rope to hault the majority of his momentum. However, London was sweating buckets so Davey slipped right off London's chest and jetted across his head. It wasn't Davey being wreckless; just an unfortunate accident.

Maybe he should drop it from his arsenal. It's a stupid move anyway.

Someone on another board made the point that it's interesting that Davey Richards who wants to be a paramedic shook the head of the concussed man and decided the match should continue. INTELLIGENCE!

He really is the worst thing about wrestling.

• Paid Members

Eh, i like him. His matches are never boring and he brings a 'big fight' atmosphere. He has his bad points and good points (like any wrestler), puts over anybody without question and enjoys the business. I've never really faulted the guy, at least not to the extent that some of you folks do.

• Moderators

I'm struggling to find a redeeming feature. That Team Bandit stuff was cringeworthy and shown him up to be a real dickhead, he threatens to retire all the while and doesn't do it, and I can't take anyone who says "Wrestling should be as if it's real" and then does super contrived spots and SSPs seriously. His matches are stupid and don't feature vital parts of the narrative like progression, he doesn't sell hardly enough for a small guy, and he seems to have real issue applying psychology to his matches. He also always goes far too long. For a five minute sprint it's forgivable, but when he's putting together some 30 minute self conscious "epic" it's all very glaring and very shite.

When he first broke in I thought he'd end up being ok in a kind of small midcarder decent hand way, but he's actually come out the other side as being totally shite.

Edited by PowerButchi

I used to really like him about 6 years ago. He had a sort of intensity that I liked, plus I liked the whole strong-style thing a lot more back then. But since then, every time I watch him (admittedly not often), there's a bunch of stuff in there that's either ridiculously dangerous, or just has no logic to it whatsoever. It's almost as if he's watched Taker's mania matches and thought 'well, people like big signature moves leading to near falls, so I'll do that'. All the time. For the entire duration of every match.

Plus, as Butch says, the pretend retirements and apparent belief that what he's doing is more 'real' than anyone else is bloody annoying. He used to come off like he was really driven, but lately it's like he thinks his way is the best and he's a cut above everyone else.

Fair play that he at least checked on London straight away, but to then be shaking his head about the place was bloody stupid.

Just saw an extended clip of the Davey / London stomp and have to chime in with how gobsmackingly awful not only the move itself was but how Richards delt with the aftermath. Yes we all know it's a work but the whole point is that you make it look as realistic as possible from bell to bell (League of Gentlemen voice) THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!!!

Regardless of whether or not it was intentional Richards KO'ed London with a move that looked devastating enough to end the Undertakers Mania streak and instead of just realizing his botch and making an impromptu cover he stands there like a complete lemon with no idea what to do as if he's saying "Derp I messed up, i didn't really mean to hurt him, give me a minute so I can wake him up and we can keep play fighting" F&*King PIN HIM! Jesus wept.

It's not like this was an Owen Hart / Austin situation where there was a title on the line and a major story line in motion. There was no reason to continue the match besides "Well we still had more shit to get in" I know Richards isn't the only culprit of this mentality but while we're all on his case it feels good to chime in with some added venom because it's certainly justified.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I fucking loved D'lo at that time. I still think him beating Jarrett for the IC belt on Raw is probably one of my favorite moments ever. As much as I love him though, there wasn't really anywhere else for him to go.

And on the subject of Davey Richard, he was blinding when he teamed with Super Dragon as Dragon knew how to tone him down rather than doing over-contrived bullshit spots.

Edited by LaGoosh