Wrestling & MMA Gifs *NSFW*

obama_316

• Paid Members

you only have to compare the Hogan one and the one of him squishing the jobber to see that Yoko clearly took advantage of the poor jobbers when it came to taking the Bonzai Drop, fuck taking that shit.

• Paid Members
Kyle O'Reilly and Davey Richards being shit

wPdrg1t.gif

Taken out of context, it looks awful.

However, the DDT is O'Reily's signature move that he then usually transitions into his front face lock submission finisher. Richards is simply avoiding/reversing O'Reily's attempt into one of his own signature moves (in this case, the Falcon Arrow into an armbar). Perfectly plausible, perfectly acceptable.

Edited by Accident Prone

Kyle O'Reilly and Davey Richards being shit

wPdrg1t.gif

Taken out of context, it looks awful.

However, the DDT is O'Reily's signature move that he then usually transitions into his front face lock submission finisher. Richards is simply avoiding/reversing O'Reily's attempt into one of his own signature moves (in this case, the Falcon Arrow into an armbar). Perfectly plausible, perfectly acceptable.

AFTER BEING HIT WITH A DDT?

He's fucking shit, and he does this shit all the time. Posted *again* just to clarify how Davey Richards doesn't get it (and don't give me 'American Strong Style'. This isn't 'Strong Style' and Richards, for all his crowing, has NO idea what the Japanese style really works like):

2poyw6u.jpg

These may as well be called the Davey Richards "Wrestling Is Fake" collection

Edited by Dingbat

• Paid Members

I suppose that the excuse there is that he didn't get hit with it, but rolled through to avoid getting his head planted, so the sequence is supposed to be a clever counter to a foe's signature spot rather than a no-sell. I haven't seen it but from going what Accident Prone said, I think that might work as an explanation. The alternative would be preposterous.

• Moderators

I suppose that the excuse there is that he didn't get hit with it, but rolled through to avoid getting his head planted, so the sequence is supposed to be a clever counter to a foe's signature spot rather than a no-sell. I haven't seen it but from going what Accident Prone said, I think that might work as an explanation. The alternative would be preposterous.

From his description I think the DDT is the first part of the finisher, which always rolls through into the front face lock. Which is a dumb finish in itself because it totally makes the DDT lose all its impact.

The falcon arrow-armbar makes a little bit more sense, but is still a bit of a stupid finish. Put the two together and throw in the ddt off the turnbuckle and voila - total nonsense.

I think a good general rule of thumb is that a move or sequence is stupid if you can't tell who is supposed to be hurting who.

• Moderators

Not to mention rolling through a DDT completely kills it and everything for everyone else, as you get dropped on your head. "Doesn't matter, I'll roll through it without selling and do a falcon arrow". Why fucking bother selling anything then if you aren't going to sell a move where you get driven on your head? It's absolute fucking nonsense.

It's just ridiculously convoluted, as is a lot of his stuff. You need time to work out what's going on or else it's a blur and means nothing. I had to watch that three times to get what happened. Take the finish to Malenko vs. Scotty 2 Hotty - it was a really cool finish and a great surprise, but they'd teased a superplex earlier in the match. That way, the idea of a superplex wasn't out of the blue and everyone had an expectation of ehat was going to happen before they swerved and did the DDT.

My point is they laid it out simply for the viewer. The move in itself isn't simple or justifiable, let alone a counter to it. How can these pro wrestlers eho have been at it for years not understand what that less is more and they would be more successful as a consequence?

• Awards Moderator
Take the finish to Malenko vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Speaking of which

tumblr_m9foe8jBu51qfwxsco1_250.gif

Christ! Despite all I've heard about this match, I haven't actually seen it before. No wonder Scotty ended up taking a year out for neck surgery if he was taking moves like that!