Wrestling & MMA Gifs *NSFW*

obama_316

• Paid Members

I brought it up on here before but Yoko seriously killed a few jobbers with the Bonzai drop didnt he? I can imagine em dragging the guys from the arena then dumping the poor dead fucker in a wheelie bin out back...fucking brutal.

Not saying I'd want it done to me, but there is plenty that looks worse. Yoko hits his feet before his lovely soft ass so that's taking the key impact of the drop from the second rope, and his hand leaves the top rope at the last moment. The jobber (who is no doubt a millionaire now anyway as he is an American wrestling TV star - so we can't feel sorry for him) sells the move by flapping his arms and legs out like a starfish (making it the most animated for TV - and the opposite to how you'd really react if hurt) also which is an indication he wasn't badly hurt or anything.

• Paid Members
The jobber (who is no doubt a millionaire now anyway as he is an American wrestling TV star - so we can't feel sorry for him) sells the move by flapping his arms and legs out like a starfish (making it the most animated for TV - and the opposite to how you'd really react if hurt) also which is an indication he wasn't badly hurt or anything.

Seeing as though you seem to have appointed yourself an expert on how to react if sat on by a 500lb Samoan, how should he have reacted? Because at this stage I'm of the school of thought that you're talking through your hat.

My natural reaction for one, would to be curl my knees up towards my chest and frantically get the load off me - not do something closer resembling a Nelle McAndrew fitness DVD exercise 1 second after impact. 400lbs dropping straight on your chest from 3ft would likely kill you. I'm not a doctor so would you like me to call the NHS and confirm?

And don't be putting the spin on it like I've tried to make out it wouldn't hurt young man, there's text you didn't quote - including me saying there are many that look worse than that.

Edited by TheShowOff

• Paid Members

You're missing the bit where there's no protection at all because Yoko's feet splay under his weight as soon as they make contact with the mat. Yoko usually took some of the weight out of the move by landing on his feet as well as on the victim's chest but they slipped in that one. That poor fucker took that pretty much full on, and I seem to recall that Yoko was in no hurry to get up either.

• Paid Members
My natural reaction for one, would to be curl my knees up towards my chest and frantically get the load off me - not do something closer resembling a Nelle McAndrew fitness DVD exercise 1 second after impact. 400lbs dropping straight on your chest from 3ft would likely kill you. I'm not a doctor so would you like me to call the NHS and confirm?

And don't be putting the spin on it like I've tried to make out it wouldn't hurt young man, there's text you didn't quote - including me saying there are many that look worse than that.

For a start, don't call me young man you patronising turd.

You can see from that gif how much impact there was. Compare it to almost all of the rest of the Banzai Drops he did and you can see a marked difference and that this guy was VERY lucky to still be alive.

Exactly - do you think he'd be sitting on an injured wrestler no matter who it was? Or are all these jobbers super human? Or did they all die or get seriously injured without any report? It can't be both ways..

I've definitely read (maybe in someone's autobiography?) about instances of some Yoko squash guys leaving the shows with bruised/broken ribs from taking the Banzai Drop. It was taken as part and parcel of the job back then. Same with the guys Vader used to abuse in WCW.