WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

Hmm, it's odd, whilst the show was on I enjoyed it and got into everything, but the end just bought it down so much for me, and as it ended I felt flat and very dissapointed, even though i'd enjoyed it on the whole.

That was a terrible ending, the only way it can be excused with Rock taking out both Cena and Miz, is if The Rock is back full time, which he obviously isnt.

I think we might see Cena go absolutely mental tonight and destroy Rock writing him off TV until hes ready to do the match with Cena, probably at SummerSlam, Miz/Cena rematch at Extreme Rules is pretty much a lock, hopefully they can focus on the belt a bit more going into that.

Also as was mentioned, I thought JR was terrible. He didnt add anything, and he definently wasnt the JR I remember, hopefully its just a bit of rust being away for such a long time, but I definently wasnt feeling it. Probably for the best he isnt on commentary properly anymore.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Miz looked a champ when he kicked out of the AA, so in that respect Cena made him look a million dollars. Rock was the one that promptly killed it though. Why someone who'll be gone in a few months gets to close WM over the up and coming champ they've just put over John Cena is beyond me.

Miz looked a champ when he kicked out of the AA, so in that respect Cena made him look a million dollars.

I have to say, although this might usually be true, I hate that the expression on Cena's face was an amused smirk that said "heh...the kid's a little tougher than I thought...one more will do it, I'm sure" rather than "holy crap...I have massively underestimated him". Completely ruined it for me.

• Paid Members
Miz looked a champ when he kicked out of the AA, so in that respect Cena made him look a million dollars. Rock was the one that promptly killed it though. Why someone who'll be gone in a few months gets to close WM over the up and coming champ they've just put over John Cena is beyond me.

I get what you mean, but I don't think it's THAT bad; Miz had just had a main-event match, in which he'd taken a hit that had put both men out for a double count-out, whilst The Rock was fresh. Given that Miz retained, they had to send the crowd home happy; they just didn't do it very well, I think.

I thought the show was pretty average, I think the lack of a spot-monkey match like a MITB or a TLC hurt proceedings. The show certainly had its moments like Cole's facial expressions when pressed up against the Colemine, but that goodness was wiped out by Cole standing on Lawler's leg by the ropes. He was on his tippy toes for godsakes!

Other highlights were:

* CM Punk's shit eating grin, I think he is the best in WWE for psychology at the moment. You immediately think he is a complete bastard.

* The sign during the Orton/Punk match which monitored the orangeness of Orton's skin.

* Triple H's tombstone on Taker. My mates and I thought it was game over there.

I don't want to focus on the negatives too much, but the comparisons of the Cena/Miz match with a Raw ending is bang on the money.

I loved that show, it was fun, exciting, and it was everything that we were realistically going to get. That was a tremendous effort by Undertaker and Triple H, both could retire after that match, and it would be a huge height to go out on. John Cena Vs The Miz was always going to be the typical Cena match, but I enjoyed it, and actually cheering for The Miz at home in the living room. It was a great way to end the show, with the young and fresh Miz retaining the WWE strap, and one of the biggest draws in the history of the business, The Rock giving the fans abit of what they wanted to see. They now have set up two potential Rock matches with Miz and Cena, that I would love to see. It's a shame they didn't give the World title to Del Rio, but I'm sure somewhere along the lines he will get it, maybe at Extreme Rules. It was great to have JR and The King back together, and the Cole/King match was quite bizzare, but was fun. I was shocked at how good Orton/Punk was, and Cody/Mysterio was better than I was expecting. The 8 Man Tag was short and sweet, and the Snooki 6 person tag was decent fun, Trish was back to her old self as well. Also, The Miz and Trip's entrances were done very well. I don't see what was wrong with it at all, and I bloody well hope JR is coming back to Raw as well.

For me that was the worst Wrestlemania in history. I dont watch alot of WWE but always make sure that I watch Wrestlemania just in case something big happens and I can say I watched it live and around the time keep upto date with storylines so I know whats what when I'm watching.

Every match was boring and lifeless, they didnt have a Wrestlemania feel about them or deserve to be featured on a grand stage like Wrestlemania. The best part of the show was Undertakers entrance and the end when I knew I could finally go to bed.

the Undertaker v Triple H match was rushed at the begining almost like they wanted to get the big spots out the way then drag out the ending. Undertaker looked blown up half way threw that match and Triple was totally lacking in any sort of intensity, there was far to much stalling going on (perhaps so Take could get some wind back) the end was predictable kicking out of eachothers finshers (which was the same as Cena v Miz and every other Wrestlemania big match for god knows how long). Taker selling at the end just totally made him look weak espessially after he came in looking so strong. If the Undertaker is like that after a short dragged out match then maybe he isn't as Indestructable as we thought. He looked like the loser of the match. I'm not sure if he was selling or legit wiped out but either way it did very little for his deadman credibility being driven out of the arena on his back.

Jerry Lawler v Michael Cole was terrible, It was nice seeing the King in his old school ring entrance gear but Michael Cole looked so egotistical and like he was having the time of his life to the point was it was embarrasing. At least Andy Kauffman took some bumps during his run with Lawler. Bobby Hennan would bounce around the ring and really work it so you were glad to see him getting his arse kicked but there was nothing like that lastnight with King and Cole. It reminded me of Bret v Vince last year, a lot of time waisting and weak offence. Stone Cold looked bored to tears and was probably thinking how quick he'd like to get his pay check and get his arse out of there. Terrible finish that was a total anti-climax and un-justified. Lawler deserved a better spot on the card with a credible opponant to work with, espessially with it being his first Wrestlemania outing.

Cody Rhodes is boring and so wooden in the ring, seemed like he was just going threw the motions of the match (which seemed obvious in other matches as well), Rey could have done a lot more with the match and his offense and made it even a slight bit more interesting and exciting than his average Smackdown match. I did however like the vertical holding suplex off the second rope.

Alberto Del Rio v Edge, was rushed and badly timed it did nothing to boost they appeal of either men or elevate them in anyway. Christian's DDT off the apron was the highlight of the match, which doesn't say much for the Worlds Heavyweight Champion and the supposed number one contender.

John Cena v Miz easily by far the worst Wrestlemania main-event ever. John Cena is HORRIBLE! he can't even take a bump flat on his back or take a posting with any realism. The Miz is average at best and nothing special, he doesn't bring to the table anything different, just another good looking guy in a pair of tights, who can work it reasonably well on the stick. Cena seemed lost and in a world of his own, neither men could carry a decent match and that was evident lastnight. Very run of the mill and nothing stand out exciting at all.

The Rock was excellent and really seemed to be enjoying himself, espessially at the begining in his opening promo. The WWE must be in a terrible state of affairs if their having to rely on bringing in the Rock and Austin to draw any appeal to their biggest show of the year. I'd hate to think what Wrestlemania would have been like if the Rock had turned down the WWE's offer to return. WWE obviously can't rely on the talent they have such as The Miz, Corre, Kofi, John Morrison and the other younger talent to carry the ball and boost ratings. WWE are failing to produce talent the level of Austin, Rock, Taker, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels. They have average guys in tights running around who have very little appeal or star power.

I mean the Rock saved Wrestlemania, he came in did his 10 year old gimmick and saved Wrestlemania, which is a compliment to the star power and excellence of the Rock.

Guys like the Miz should be embarrased that the WWE are needing to bring in guys like the Rock and Austin to rely on them to sell tickets. Undertaker isn't going to be around forever, neither is Triple H, neither is Edge and John Cena is becoming stale very quick. I'm really fearful for next years Wrestlemania, they turn average workers into stars overnight like the Miz and expect for fans to get behind them, Jack Swagger, Dolph Zigger and Drew McIntyre. You really telling me that these guys can carry the WWE load and maintain ratings without the assistance of the Rock or Austin or Triple H or the Undertaker? I think the next couple of years are going to be very interesting for the WWE. Their big name talent are getting into their twilight years and to the ends of their career and looking at the mediocore young talent they have now who their attempting to polish up to become future Main Eventers I think WWE is on course for a very bumpy ride and personally looking at lastnights Wrestlemania, its down hill from here Universe.

Their was no edge of your seat moments, no moments that made you go WOW that was amazing, no historic moments, no intensity or excitment. Wrestlemania lastnight was all tits and no ass for lack of a better term.

No wonder the WWE dont want to mention the word wrestling cause looking at Wrestlemania lastnight they should consider changing Wrestlemanias name to just Mania...cause the Wrestle part is getting very questionable.

Just watching the Snoop Dogg thing back, Zack Ryder seemed to get a massive pop when he appeared on the screen. Looks like his youtube stuff is gathering momentum. Stick him in the ring with Daniel Bryan I say and see what he can do.

Well got heavily drunk throughout the show. It helped put up with the show, by no means it was BAD but it was wrestlemania material no magic no spark about it. Putting the world heavyweight title match on first was a big mistake they should of headlined with that show or put HHH Vs Taker not Cena Vs Miz.

Triple H Vs Taker wasnt anything special was waiting for HBK to get involved. Was expecting Taker to come out on a horse but then NEVER trust kids or animals on live TV

The core vs Kane/Big Show/Santino/Kofi was way too short thought they would of had a big stand off with Big show and Big Zeek

Thought King Vs Michael Cole was gunna be a two minute bish bash bosh but they managed to lengthen it out andi t wasnt too shabby.

Cant remember Orton Vs CM Punk bar that nice RKO.

Del Rio Vs Edge good match techincal and enjoyed it match of the night for me.

Disapointed with no Bryan Danielson Vs Sheamus match and there should of been a MITB match.

Cant remember the mixed tag, i think i put botchamania on in replacement, Trish really hasnt aged well.

Normal PPV nothing magical disapointed but saying that I had a 70cl bottle of Bicardi 35cl of JD to get me through it. I was quite annoyed so put on the Brock Vs Angle match then Austin Vs Rock (WM17) on afterwards just for the smeg of it.

Still hungover now like. WHY a new shirt Cena.

"WHY a new shirt Cena"? Because Cena merchandise makes lots and lots of money for himself and the company, thats what wrestling is all about. I don't see why you keep on going on about being drunk either, it doesn't impress anyone, and I don't think anyone cares.

Archived