WrestleMania post show discussion

JNLister

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it fucking ends there too.

Love Cole as a character but jesus keep him away from the ring.

I was worried they'd try too hard to have Taker/HHH beat Taker/HBK to best match, but actually they seemed more hellbent on Cole/Lawler beating Hart/McMahon for worst!

I loved that show, it was fun, exciting, and it was everything that we were realistically going to get.

And how much does Vince pay you to suck him off Dill?

:sleeping:

Was that seriously even worth quoting to do? Dill loves 99.9% of what WWE does. He seems quite incapable of acknowledging the issues that they have.

Or maybe he actually does just enjoy it?

• Paid Members

yeah, I really enjoyed that. Just watching it as a "mark" it was great, my mate and I were clamouring for the stunners, for rock to come out, we were really concerned HHH was going to win. LOVED Zack Ryder fist pumping to Friday. IT wasn't exactly full of 5* classics but it kept me entertained. I want a team bring it tracksuit :(

It seemed to me that the world title match went on first because they knew it was going to get the crowd going and a face was winning. Makes sense.

Miz is well on his way to matching undertaker's streak. 2-0!

yeah, I really enjoyed that. Just watching it as a "mark" it was great, my mate and I were clamouring for the stunners, for rock to come out, we were really concerned HHH was going to win. LOVED Zack Ryder fist pumping to Friday. IT wasn't exactly full of 5* classics but it kept me entertained. I want a team bring it tracksuit :(

It seemed to me that the world title match went on first because they knew it was going to get the crowd going and a face was winning. Makes sense.

If we are counting dark matches, the Colons beat John Morrison and The Miz at WrestleMania 25.

• Paid Members

If we are counting dark matches, the Colons beat John Morrison and The Miz at WrestleMania 25.

We're not. I'm basing this off last year Miz mentioning he was 1-0, so I assume were not counting it.

Perhaps, but after something being so universally panned - and I've read many forums today - I find it hard to believe that someone loved it that much.

'Universally panned' might be stepping it a bit far. I didn't enjoy the show myself but indicting the guy with an insult that I wouldn't have levelled back in the schoolyard because he is not as hopelessly fucking miserable as you are is a bit daft.

Absoloutely nothing wrong with not taking the smarky forum view and just enjoying it for the garish pantomine it was. I wish I could have but it's flaws stood out too much to me. But that's just me.

I really enjoyed it, preffered it over last years for sure.

Alberto/Edge - I dont get the hate for a World title match being opener, it worked well made the show feel like Mania straight away. Its the biggest show of the year, why cant you open with a World title match?

Rhodes/Rey - might be one of the worst matches ever at a Mania (not including matches featuring non-wrestlers). Rey cannot go anymore. He botched half the stuff and even Kane gets up to the top rope faster than he can nowadays.

8 Man - I really liked. It must of been tricky to arrange with 8 men to make sure they all get something in 5 minutes. And Big Show back using the knockout punch on Slater (who sold it awesomely) was amazing.

Orton/Punk - was up and down, Orton was getting booed but kinda shrugged it off. Great finish too. Will make good pictures.

Cole/Lawler - all done totally wrong. Only benefit from this is that JR back on announcing made the rest of the show feel better. Im hoping tonight on Raw that Cole gets fired or something and has to just go to Smackdown as we need different commentators. The "match" was poor. I mean they just booked it totally wrong. And you'd think with Hall Of Famers Austin and Lawler, as well as Swagger that they could of taught COle a few more moves. He stayed on top waaay too long also. Afterwards was good, Booker T sell of the stunner was awesome and poor Matthews lol.

Taker/HHH - excellent match, I actually preferred it over Taker/HBK. Was good story telling, but I think that would of been lost to a lot of people. HHH mocking and shouting "stay down" was him repeating what Taker said to HBK last year. HHH dropping the sledgehammer was like his way of giving up in his fight against Taker. the beginning was good, got the crowd excited and showed that there aint no school like the old school. I would admit that there were a few times when they were slugging around, but it kind of worked with how the story of the match has gone. There selling the fact that Taker's streak power so to speak is almost gone and that we are o so close to it ending. HHH tombstone was great and LEGIT had me and most other people I think. I mean would be genius the only way he can be beaten is with his own move. Was missing a few bog standard HHH and Taker spots too - old school, leg drop on the apron, knee facebuster, high knee etc. which did make it feel bit weird. But it worked. I liked the tap out finish. A few years ago I maybe wouldnt of but like HHH has tapped out and lost quite a bit since 2008 so it worked. Takers sell job? at the end was amazing also.

Snooki/Trish/Morrison vs. Laycool/Ziggles - was alright, I just dont understand why they ran so low on time. Snooki did well for a celebrity in a match capacity. And tbh if they had cut Lawler/Cole/Austins time they could of at least added a few nice spots with Laycool/Trish and Ziggles/Morrison.

Cena/Miz - I loved it. Was predictable but The Rock did an awesome job and the crowd loved it.

The Rock as guest host - amazing opening promo, had crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Great skits with Mae too. He made the show for me. Did really well and got the crowd up and interested in Cena/Miz.

So while it was weird - first WrestleMania in six years without Batista, Shawn Michaels, Money In the Bank, a Divas/Womens title match, a title change etc. it did well. I mean theyve been given a bad hand recently WWE, but theyve definitely done the best with it Id say

Perhaps, but after something being so universally panned - and I've read many forums today - I find it hard to believe that someone loved it that much.

Typical whingey wrestling fan.

Was a more than decent show and better than the last two WrestleManias. My only let down was the main-event, which barring The Miz's awesome promo video, was pretty weak. Cena has now been in WWE Championship/World Title matches at every Mania since 21 back in 2005. Just wish he'd fuck off. Also, I'm calling this now: Undertaker/Cena at WrestleMania 28 next year.

Typical whingey wrestling fan.

Was a more than decent show and better than the last two WrestleManias. My only let down was the main-event, which barring The Miz's awesome promo video, was pretty weak. Cena has now been in WWE Championship/World Title matches at every Mania since 21 back in 2005. Just wish he'd fuck off. Also, I'm calling this now: Undertaker/Cena at WrestleMania 28 next year.

Couldnt agree more with what you said. And Taker/Cena seems to be discussed every year but I get a feeling it may end up being "the match that never happens".

But seriously I hate all these people who are like "it was awful and everyone hated it". Speak for yourself, not for other people.

• Paid Members

did anyone else think that Cena & The Miz botched the ending of the main event? the 2 clotheline over the barricade just looked stupid, anyone think that Cena was meant to go over first time?

as for the Taker/HHH match, it was decent but it overly dramatic for me, they were trying to have us believe it was the most hellacious match of all time when it wasn't, i enjoyed the initial brawl but when they just started hitting finisher after finisher (not to mention Undertaker taking the most unconvincing pedigree's ever), it was just like 'what the fuck', especially the 3rd pedigree, i thought it went too far...i didn't find the HHH just lying there in disbelief thing believable either, why didn't he just pin him after the chair shot!?!? decent match but i don't think it achieved what it was attempting too...the stupidly overlong aftermath was not good either, the boys i were with honestly thought something was wrong at one point because it seemed to fall off the point of being scripted, i just found it confusing.

The end of the Cole/Lawler match when Austin got involved was the best thing on the show, that shit made me laugh...Austin is still the main.

The backstage skits other than the Rock/Mae Young/Austin things were awful...except Kali singing, could have watched an hour of that.

Santino didnt get enough time in the 8 man, i can watch Santino all night...great comedy performer.

fuck the WWE...im off watch some ECW TV

Alberto/Edge - I dont get the hate for a World title match being opener, it worked well made the show feel like Mania straight away. Its the biggest show of the year, why cant you open with a World title match?

It’s the fact that they spend all of January ramming down our throats that the winner of the Royal Rumble gets to main event Wrestlemania. I don’t care what anybody says, being the first match is not main event, and already before even going into the show last night Edge vs. ADR felt way below The Rock simply being there, Miz vs. Cena and Cole vs. Lawler, and to have it go on first made it seem even less important.

Obviously somebody has to go on first, but for my money having these 2 go on first cheapened the title and the whole concept of the royal rumble (which is one of the few events they have left which people genuinely still care about.) Imagine if they had HHH vs. Undertaker on first, the internet would have exploded in a fit of rage.

Archived