The Average Wrestling Fan - Is The Stereotype Warranted?

David

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
There was a chap on here for ages who was adamant that he and Flair were best mates, and that he had photos but refused to post them. What was his name?

Viktor? I remember that guy! :laugh:

My favourite gimmick on here. He wound people up superbly.

Right ok here is the full script about my lady.

Her and her brother started going to TNA two times a year since the move into the Impact zone in Orlando several years ago. Then on top of that since TNA have been doing the tours in the UK they have being doing the shows over here as well. Over the course of time they have got to be known by TNA as international fan regulars to the events and get good treatment such as being contacted in person by TNA management by sorting them out with VIP tickets for shows early entry and free merchandise as TNA recognise they travel a lot and spend a lot of money so they get extra perks.

My lady and her brother due to the way the conduct themselves as normal people around talent and not your strange stalker type of fan they get afforded conversation and chat from the wrestlers and Dixie Carter and often get to hang out at bars with the talent and don't get shooed away. Basically they talk to them normally and don't act like complete spackers and talk to the talent like they are normal people instead of your usual idiots it has paid them off dividends.

They know that they are paying customers and at the end of the day fans and are under no delusion that they are best buds with the roster, more really good fans and on first name terms with everyone but due to the fact they spend a lot of money on the product and the way that they conduct themselves they get excellent personal service when they go to shows in the states.

The first fan thing I ever went to was for FWA British Uprising 3, mainly to meet Terry Funk. Jesus there was this thing there who overheard one of us say during D'Lo Browns Q+A something about someone in ECW "Ah I didn't know that". This Ginger thing in (honest to god) a brown anorak, holding a notepad and pen said "Yes it was in 97" or words to that effect. All 7 of us stared into our pints in horror over the abomonation. Mind you, I got slated on some message board or other for being a mark at TWC International Showdown. Y'know, enjoying the show and enjoying the beer. Got a caution from the old bill for falling over in the car park after the show as well.

• Moderators

That was the day Wales defeated Ireland for the Grand Slam in 2005, so I didn't use my free ticket for International Showdown that Taffy posted me from Germany, and instead watched us trounce the Paddies in the greatest day of my life. Fair trade off.

/Soft Focus Memory

Archived