Chris Benoit - Will He Ever Be Remembered For His Talent Again?

David

• Moderators
I am talking about working class values not arty farty fuckers who would not know morals if they smacked them in the gob.

Or smashed them over the head with a pool cue, eh? That's the working class way of getting your point across...

:laugh:

brilliant.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'd guess that not everyone who sustains severe concussions the way Benoit did would turn into a killer, but that's not to say it didn't cause him in particular to become like that. Around the time of his autopsy, it was pointed out that several other athletes (I think it was in American football) had sustained similar levels of damage, and in their cases it had led to psychosis, and consequently violent tendencies. One of them even committed suicide.

There was a whole load of other stuff with Benoit, too - in conjunction with the concussions, he was also stacking steroids like nobody's business, and to top it off, was rumoured to be taking GHB to burn fat. If that's true, there's no way he was ever going to be normal - the concussions were bad enough, but with everything else, he had no chance.

Watch any wrestlers shoot interview and it sounds like Benoit has always been an odd intense bloke. An already mentally unstable guy with added concussions, drug problems, injuries, problematic family life and mutlilple people close to him dying all within close proximity of eachother. All these factors came into play.

Benoit was always a oddball from what I gather. I still maintain he suffered from a mild form of Fragile X syndrome or a Autism Spectrum Disorder (evident in his kid having it).

I think life just got too much for him in the end. He was obviously mentally unstable due to the brain damage and combined with everything else it just shot him over the top.

Benoit should be remembered for his wrestling work. Most wrestlers out there takes steroids and drugs etc. (they have to to get to the top) any one of them could do what Benoit did, it's just a case of Benoit snapping before he had a heart attack. It's a total fluke that he never died of a heart attack and Guerrero never killed his wife and kids.

Both guys were tremendous wrestlers and as wrestling fans it's what they should be remembered for.

• Paid Members
Benoit should be remembered for his wrestling work. Most wrestlers out there takes steroids and drugs etc. (they have to to get to the top) any one of them could do what Benoit did, it's just a case of Benoit snapping before he had a heart attack. It's a total fluke that he never died of a heart attack and Guerrero never killed his wife and kids.

Both guys were tremendous wrestlers and as wrestling fans it's what they should be remembered for.

Well that's quite the bunch of crap for a first post, well done.

troll.jpg

I am talking about working class values not arty farty fuckers who would not know morals if they smacked them in the gob.

Or smashed them over the head with a pool cue, eh? That's the working class way of getting your point across...

If need be people like Benoit would be a pleasure and to protect my family if thats what you are popping about, i would do it from monday till friday and twice weekends, difference we protect our own, not murder them.

• Paid Members

Smacking Benoit around the head would have done him a lot of good.

I still don't think he did it. Kevin Sullivan obviously did it and stitched him up. Any day now the missing piece of evidence will turn up and James Bolam and Dennis Waterman will be called in to reinvestigate.

• Paid Members

If need be people like Benoit would be a pleasure and to protect my family if thats what you are popping about, i would do it from monday till friday and twice weekends, difference we protect our own, not murder them.

This post is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

• Moderators

Fucking hell.

Archived