SmackDown! results ***SPOILERS***

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I dont know what everyone else thought, but Undertaker coming out to that Johnny Cash song was fucking awesome, I thought. He reminds you less of a dead man, but one of those brooding cowboys who drinks whisky and nobody bothers in the old westerns. The Johnny Cash song is like a soundtrack as he walks to the ring as opposed to music to pump up the atmospher. No commentary either. Just Taker walking to that music with the purple light on him. He looked like he was on a misson to do some awful things. I really liked it. It was like watching a film when he came out.

At least he wasn't walking out to a Boy Named Sue.

Bang on, Ian. Especially this bit:

He reminds you less of a dead man, but one of those brooding cowboys who drinks whisky and nobody bothers in the old westerns.

I much prefer the Undertaker as a grizzled legend you don't piss off rather than a bloke with magical demon powers.

I'm absoloutely loving the slightly twisted, high school jock gone mad feel to Cody's current character but I'm a bit puzzled as to where they could go with it. This is clearly much, much better stuff than going back to plain old Dashing Cody Rhodes but they can't go on with this forever, can they?

Completely agree, Codys mannerisms and on edge style is great, even the way he walked to and from the ring was great to watch and loved the close up shots on his face, it really captured his torment.

Reminded me of a watered down Patrick Bateman, hmm Cody Rhodes The American (Dream) Physcho?

But great episode this week. Booker T was even less annoying than usual too

• Paid Members

With Cody's new personality, if they choose their usual mismash of angles, run-ins and tag matches to hype the Rey/Rhodes match, then there has never been a better time to reunited the Dashing Ones. Them both being nuttier than a Snickers and all.

• Paid Members
Anyone else find it somewhat odd when 'Taker said eighteen other men had come before Triple H? Sixteen for a start - two of his matches were against HBK and one was against Trips himself!

Well he wrestled Big Show and A-Train in the same match and I suppose he counts Cowboy Orton Jr. fancied his chances and Taker sorted him out.

• Paid Members

He wrestled Kane twice too. So the actual total of different guys Undertaker fought in pursuit of 18-0 stands at 17. If he means other than Hunter, then yeah its 16.

I really enjoyed that Undertaker promo, and 100% agree about how cool it was with him coming out to the "Ain't No Grave" theme. I really think now is the time to give him new attire though, to go with his new song. Christian looked great as well during that end segment, if they are going to promote him to the main event scene permanently, it has to be now.

• Paid Members
Killer promo from Cody imo and to think at one time people were actually saying that Ted Dibiase would be the one who would go far.

I've been saying for years on here I thought Cody was the better from Priceless, and that he was main-event material. At the time I first said it, there was a lot of disagreement, because of his size. We'll have to wait and see on that, but I personally think he'll get there, especially with Dusty now as his mouthpiece.

• Paid Members
I really enjoyed that Undertaker promo, and 100% agree about how cool it was with him coming out to the "Ain't No Grave" theme. I really think now is the time to give him new attire though, to go with his new song. Christian looked great as well during that end segment, if they are going to promote him to the main event scene permanently, it has to be now.

Like what? Now he's changed to leather trousers and a belt he's got the 'western badass' look down perfectly without a major change to his character. Total home run in my opinion.

Archived