SmackDown! results ***SPOILERS***

Mr.Showtime

• Paid Members
Not to win the match.

I'm sure that was his intent though, in the context of the match. I'm sure if your kayfabing it, Edge knocks him out with a punch to the face that would be winning the match. Edge couldnt get it done with the Educator so he used the spear or the Kill Switch or whatever, instead.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all the nonsense of the Spear being banned, and Edge using said move in desperation in the Ziggler matches, makes you wonder why he didn't debut his new submission move then.

Because he debuted his "new submission move" about eight years ago. And he did use it in at least one of the matches with Ziggler.

If you're asking why WWE didn't re-introduce it as a finisher in those matches, I dunno. They probably should have.

• Paid Members

In fairness, Ziggler had to go for the ropes pretty sharpish while in the Edgecator - he didn't fight his way out of it.

This is purely wishful thinking/fantasy booking here: IMO Alberto Del Rio has the potential to be the biggest star in WWE since the Austin/Rock years, barring John Cena. I'd love Steve Austin to return and be the special guest referee for the ADR/Edge Wrestlemania match which would in turn be announced as being contested under submission match rules.

Throughout the 'Mania match, no matter what Edge throws at Del Rio, he just can't force the Mexican to tap. Spears, Edgecutions and even the kitchen sink are thrown his way, though no matter what submission Edge applies after each move, Del Rio manages to make it to ropes. After all, it is his Destiny to walk out of Wrestlemania as the World Heavyweight champion. Eventually, fans in attendance begin to rally behind ADR, seeing his heart and dedication, and what it would mean to him to win his first WH strap at the Granddaddy of them all.

At this point, Del Rio is a bloody mess (hey, didn't the WWE PG Police~ ban the use of the word 'crap'?); he doesn't know where he is and Edge is starting to get a psychotic look in his eyes. Edge decks Del Rio with yet another spear, but ADR from nowhere turns it into an arm-bar a la Undertaker Hell's Gate on Edge at WM24.

Edge is writhing in pain and he's about to tap. Austin's about to signal to ring the bell, but Christian's headed to the ring and pulls Austin by his legs out of the ring. Edge is taping like a bitch inside the ring. Christian enters the ring and breaks up the arm-bar, before laying a beat down on ADR and dropping him with the Kill Switch. Austin comes back into the ring and hits Christian with the Wrestlemania Stunner, but in the midst of all this Edge has applied his Sharpshooter and Del Rio has passed out, shades of Bret Hart/Austin at WM13, with the blood pouring down his face, leaving the 'Rattlesnake' no choice but to signal the end of the match and declare Edge the winner.

• Paid Members

Or...... how about when they are massively short of credible main event heels, they DON'T turn Del Rio?

And before any smart alec says "but Edge would then be a main event heel," Edge as a main event heel creates ZERO new possible main events on SmackDown.

Or Raw.

Or...... how about when they are massively short of credible main event heels, they DON'T turn Del Rio?

How about you don't mince from thread to thread disagreeing with whatever's been said for the sake of it? Every time I see that air_raid_crash is the most recent poster in a topic I may as well just ignore it as I can guarantee that it's just a one line post glorifying the word 'No'.

If you read my post back you'll see that whilst Del Rio would have transitioned into the role of a face, both Christian and Edge would have turned heel. A quick calculation shows that that's 1 heel down, 2 heels up.

Man oh man, I just found this video of after a dark match from March 1st.

Oh how I wish this was televised, still awesome though!

My E&C senses are tingling :D

I love that. I think they should really ramp up the Edge & Christian nostalgia over the next few weeks, and then have Christian turn on Edge either at WrestleMania or the following PPV. Alternatively, keep them as a team for a bit and have them as tag team champions, rocking both brands like JeriShow.

It doesn't have to be nostalgia though. They are both now more over and better than ever. They could be the team to kick the Tag division back into touch.

Agreed!

I think it would definitely be a toughy if these two were to reunite.

On the one hand, I really really want to see them get back together, but as we all know, they have both become huge superstars in their own right. I would be a little afraid of Christian once again falling under Edge's shadow if they were to reunite.

I want to see Christian rise to the very top by himself, but not in a feud against Edge, as when (and if) they get back together, I want it to be genuine, not just a stepping stone before one turns on the other.

Also, I wonder if they'd pick up their old comedy again, it'd be hard now as they're not 'surfing valley dudes', but I think the two seem to have great chemistry when it comes to promos. :thumbsup:

Archived