SmackDown! results ***SPOILERS***

Mr.Showtime

• Paid Members

I'd like to see them turn the Undertaker heel and bring in a character who will play his Mam. Since he's now an old cowboy type, it would bring out all kinds of possibilities if this old Mrs Undertaker character is an old racist, who wants to run the black sheriff (Teddy Long) out of town, like off Blazing Saddles.

Teddy-Long.jpg

"Mornin' Ma'am. And isnt it a lovely mornin'?"

upyours.jpg

"Up yours, nigga".

Then they could re-do the Teddy vs Taker storyline from 2009, that we all loved.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taker coming out 'Aint no grave' is a welcome change he kinda reminds me of 'Ghost Rider' not sure why though, with the music and Outlaw/western gimmick they should come up with a great mania entrance.

Cody reminded me of 'the joker' especially the 'dont look at me' growl/shout he did near the start of promo.

• Paid Members

It's actually quite amazing how after floundring for so long the WWE is now on track to having a fully fleshed out well rounded roster. For the first time in ages, there are new guys taking the spotlight and doing a great job and the shows are really excitiing to watch as you can see all these fresh faces taking the ball and running with it.

I fucking love Cody Rhodes, this new angle has taken a generic "I'm handsome" gimmick and given it a new flavour and he's absolutely gripping to watch, this weeks promo included. Alberto Del Rio is just a superstar all over, the guy looks like a million dollars, his finish has been built up so that it means alot when he gets it in. And Michael Cole is the best heel WWE have had in years, he's so awesome...that celebation dance he did with Swagger has spectacular!

Their is a slight lack of babyfaces though, personally I'd have Ezekial Jackson get away from The Corre and just have him booked as this scary badass babyface monster who nobody fucks with. They really need a super badass babyface and he could easily fit the bill.

I agree with the love for Johnny Cash. I hope his character development doesn't stop at that. He could speed it up a little on the way to the ring and drop the ring steps spot I reckon and it would fit the pace of the tune much better. Or better yet keep the ring steps spot and bring back the scary ass pop sound he used to do in 1997. It's nice how in the twilight of his career his gimmick is now sort of coming full circle to what Vince originally wanted from him as a fan of the Western schtick.

Given the roll Smackdown is on at the moment I think a new authority figure would do it wonders. Teddy Long has been an image of the show ingrained in my brain for far too long now and it's desperately predictable these days that his theme will hit and he will swagger out during the first ten minutes of the show to interrupt whatever interesting thing is happening in the ring in order to be a bit black and set up a match for all the great Smackdown fans.

Their is a slight lack of babyfaces though, personally I'd have Ezekial Jackson get away from The Corre and just have him booked as this scary badass babyface monster who nobody fucks with. They really need a super badass babyface and he could easily fit the bill.

That's going to be Skip Sheffield.

• Paid Members
Their is a slight lack of babyfaces though, personally I'd have Ezekial Jackson get away from The Corre and just have him booked as this scary badass babyface monster who nobody fucks with.

Isn't that Undertaker?

Hmmm I suppose. But he's not a regular, or a new face, and his character is the Dead Man last outlaw thing...I was thinking more someone who just looks like a hard bastard and fucks people up.

• Paid Members
Killer promo from Cody imo and to think at one time people were actually saying that Ted Dibiase would be the one who would go far.

I've been saying for years on here I thought Cody was the better from Priceless, and that he was main-event material. At the time I first said it, there was a lot of disagreement, because of his size. We'll have to wait and see on that, but I personally think he'll get there, especially with Dusty now as his mouthpiece.

What!? He doesn't need Dusty in the slightest. He's just tremendous on the stick. Every single promo he's had around this angle he's absolutely smashed.

I'm with you on the first bit though, it was always clear as day to me he had much, much more over DiBiase. I've thought he had something ever since the first match with Orton, really.

I made a bunch of comments in The Undertaker thread, before seeing Smackdown, some of which about how i hope upon this return there's a bit more of the western theme, grizzled veteran badass, slightly more human side developed into his character and that 'Ain't No grave' becomes a semi-regular theme for him. I never thought it actually would though, so i'm very pleased to see this is the direction they are going in as 'The Last Outlaw'. I fucking love that moniker. I hope he rides in on a black horse at Wrestlemania now.

Killer promo from Cody imo and to think at one time people were actually saying that Ted Dibiase would be the one who would go far.

I've been saying for years on here I thought Cody was the better from Priceless, and that he was main-event material. At the time I first said it, there was a lot of disagreement, because of his size. We'll have to wait and see on that, but I personally think he'll get there, especially with Dusty now as his mouthpiece.

What!? He doesn't need Dusty in the slightest. He's just tremendous on the stick. Every single promo he's had around this angle he's absolutely smashed.

I'm with you on the first bit though, it was always clear as day to me he had much, much more over DiBiase. I've thought he had something ever since the first match with Orton, really.

I made a bunch of comments in The Undertaker thread, before seeing Smackdown, some of which about how i hope upon this return there's a bit more of the western theme, grizzled veteran badass, slightly more human side developed into his character and that 'Ain't No grave' becomes a semi-regular theme for him. I never thought it actually would though, so i'm very pleased to see this is the direction they are going in as 'The Last Outlaw'. I fucking love that moniker. I hope he rides in on a black horse at Wrestlemania now.

I was thinking the same. Thats what would be best describe him coming into wrestlemania. I found his normal enterance doesnt work with "Ain't No Grave" enterance theme, hes the last outlaw a badass a end of a era thing, like a inbetween the American Badass and the Deadman gimmick. Hes no longer the "Dead Man" just "the man" at Wrestlemania. It still annoyed me that no one has mentioned that they met a decade ago (i mean on WWE). Also mentioning Taker's beaten 18 men, hes faced HBK twice, Kane twice, 2nd time against Triple H, he won a tag match at WM XIX. Just the little things, anyone notice Taker didnt sound the same on smackdown either.

Also liking this Cody thing but the promo's are way too long and I loose interest far too quickly.

• Paid Members

Calm down, I wasn't saying he wasn't any good. All I meant was that, in addition to his already excellent abilities, his dad managing him will almost guarantee him main event status. He doesn't need Dusty, but it'll be a massive boost to him anyway.

Has there been any explanation yet about why "Core" is spelled wrong?

I don't know how true it is, but Barrett said in an interview that Heath Slater is a bad speller and he was the one that registered the trademark.

So it makes google searches less of a ballache.

Calm down, I wasn't saying he wasn't any good. All I meant was that, in addition to his already excellent abilities, his dad managing him will almost guarantee him main event status. He doesn't need Dusty, but it'll be a massive boost to him anyway.

Dusty isn't going to be with him every week, nor should he. The last thing Cody Rhodes needs is a manager that A) nobody gives a fuck about in 2011 and B) is best known for cutting nonsensical jive-promos like a black Ultimate Warrior.

I'm not sure if the word 'core' can be trade marked since it's just a word. Hence the misspelling to make it unique. Could be wrong though but that's what I've assumed.

Archived