SmackDown! results ***SPOILERS***

Mr.Showtime

• Paid Members

Yeah, I just assumed they went with 'The Corre' so that they could trademark the name, because 'The Core' is too generic a term to trademark. Still does my head in that they have an obvious mis-spelling and make absolutely no attempt to explain or justify it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They could trademark "The Core" as it pertains to wrestling, though. Just like they have trademarked every day terms and phrases such as the "Undertaker", Bret Hart has trademarked "Hitman", even though boxers have used it before and after him and Terry Bollea has trademarked "The Hulk" name, after he finally took them to court and they realised they couldnt withhold him from using it due to the fact he's so well known because of it. I'd imagine the only stumbling bloke as far as copyrights are concerned is if someone else uses it in a similar or the same area of promotion that they do.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed that Smackdown, thought it was fantastic. I'm interested in seeing what they do with Christian at Wrestlemania, though. I doubt he'll be part of a triple threat (and I'd prefer to see Del Rio vs Edge 1 on 1 anyway) so I'll predict he'll either cost Edge the title leading to a program between the two, or Del Rio will have The Corre protect him and attack Christian, transitioning him into the Kane/Big Show/Corre program. I'd be pretty disappointed if Diesel doesn't get involved as part of this match to be honest. Don't expect it at this stage, though.

Cody Rhodes's new deranged character is great, I hope they keep this gimmick up for a while. He's something quite different from any other WWE heel right now, and 2011 could be a huge year for him.

I don't know why Christian was wearing his wrestling leggings. Well I do, it's because they had a tag team main event dark match. But within that episode of Smackdown, it made no sense for "returning next week" Christian to come running down in the spandex. Wrestling's full of that nowadays. I don't even think Randy Orton's got a pair of trousers to his name. It's a wanky thing to complain about, but it does bother me how there's no thought given to that at all. A decade ago, every wrestler seemed to have at least one defined non-wrestling outfit. Although it was probably just that I wasn't such a nitpicky cunt back then.

• Paid Members

I'm going to buck the trend here...I'm not the biggest fan of Undertaker's new theme. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it but I didn't think it was as awesome as others have described. I don't think there's much wrong with the usual theme, and that's kind of the theme I hope he sticks with for Wrestlemania this year. If he uses the Johnny Cash song as a temporary, special occasions thing every now and then like HHH's King of Kings thing or something similar, then I actually think it'll be far more effective. Maybe use the Cash theme before he cuts a promo, and the usual 'Taker theme prior to matches?

I don't know why Christian was wearing his wrestling leggings. Well I do, it's because they had a tag team main event dark match. But within that episode of Smackdown, it made no sense for "returning next week" Christian to come running down in the spandex. Wrestling's full of that nowadays. I don't even think Randy Orton's got a pair of trousers to his name. It's a wanky thing to complain about, but it does bother me how there's no thought given to that at all. A decade ago, every wrestler seemed to have at least one defined non-wrestling outfit. Although it was probably just that I wasn't such a nitpicky cunt back then.

They have to be in their gear if they are at shows, for photoshoots and things of that nature. That's reason enough, but too dull to explain to the audience. Christian returns to the show next week, but required at this show for a photoshoot, saw what was going on, and got involved. It's only a small thing to bother you, at least you don't claim it to ruin the show like some people probably would.

• Paid Members
Calm down, I wasn't saying he wasn't any good. All I meant was that, in addition to his already excellent abilities, his dad managing him will almost guarantee him main event status. He doesn't need Dusty, but it'll be a massive boost to him anyway.

Dusty isn't going to be with him every week, nor should he. The last thing Cody Rhodes needs is a manager that A) nobody gives a fuck about in 2011 and B) is best known for cutting nonsensical jive-promos like a black Ultimate Warrior.

Like I say, I don't think he needs Dusty, but I don't know how true it is no-one gives a fuck about him - with the whole recorded nature of SD, I'd say it's difficult to know if he's over or not.

As for the second bit - BLASPHEMY. Dusty's one of the best on the mike ever. His promos were a bit daft, but they weren't quite Warrior-level gibberish. One of my favourite things to do on Youtube is look up his old NWA/WCW promos, they really are gold.

Terry Bollea has trademarked "The Hulk" name, after he finally took them to court and they realised they couldnt withhold him from using it due to the fact he's so well known because of it.

He took Marvel to court and won?! Kudos - even Vince couldn't quite manage that.

No, I'm the same. It's one of those things that ends up bugging you. Haven't watched much WWE recently, but I'd swear blind I've not seen Edge in any street clothes for a number of years either. Ziggler too.

• Paid Members
No, I'm the same. It's one of those things that ends up bugging you. Haven't watched much WWE recently, but I'd swear blind I've not seen Edge in any street clothes for a number of years either. Ziggler too.

He never even wore street clothes when he kidnapped Paul Bearer. Kidnappings bad enough, but doing it in oil and spandex is just asking for trouble.

Orton is the worst case for me. When he turns up in his swimming trunks for matters such as contract signings, its quite uncomfortable viewing. He's not a bad looking fellah, and obviously if you watching it with a none wrestling fan he's only going to heighten the "are you watching this because your gay" slurs that are common even if your watching Kamala wrestle El Matador.

• Paid Members

He never even wore street clothes when he kidnapped Paul Bearer. Kidnappings bad enough, but doing it in oil and spandex is just asking for trouble.

Orton is the worst case for me. When he turns up in his swimming trucks for matters such as contract signings, its quite uncomfortable viewing. He's not a bad looking fellah, and obviously if you watching it with a none wrestling fan he's only going to heighten the "are you watching this because your gay" slurs that are common even if your watching Kamala wrestle El Matador.

Orton's definitely the absolute worst for that - not only does he not wear street clothes ever, he even gets other guys wearing his ring gear!

When people see wrestlers in clothes talking.. they made tune away since its not gonna be a match. Opposite of the evolution effect when you knew when they got out in suits it had all the makings of looong next 20 minutes.

Could ba a reason.

Edge comes out in wrestling gear all the time so when he does hava a suprise match with Drew it doesnt look stupid, mabye.

I would like to see Del Rio vs Edge vs Christian vs Ziggler for the WHC :) That would be a fun match. Might make the outcome a little bit less predictable if you had those 4 feuding for a couple of weeks now.. and ziggler in Drews place ... 30 days away is a little short so i will settle for the smackdown main event we're getting in Del rio vs Edge..

Archived