Monday Night Raw: 7/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

ThePhenom

• Paid Members
Sigh...I don't want want Wrestlemania to feel like I'm watching the MTV awards

Have you seen how the guest host thing works? It's nothing like MTV awards. It'll be someone famous in wrestling or pop culture who they can stick all over posters and adverts and let do talk shows and radio shows for free publicity. He'll address the crowd at WM, do some insane backstage skit or two and get well paid for it.

I have indeed seen it, but I meant I was concerned they would ramp that up somewhat with it being Mania, and also if it was the aformentioned SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Ryan Seacrest

it might feel a bit like some throwaway award show, just from the tone, not the format so much. Having a guest host on Raw is one thing, it's a tv show, but a ppv? It might feel a bit cheapened by the host concept, unless its someone really amazing, and universally accepted as being an exciting addition, a bit like Tyson was at Mania 14.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michael Cole is doing my head in. He distracts from everything. His shouting about stuff that doesn't call for it is irritating too. If he just toned it down a little and picked his spots, he'd be great because he's got good delivery and he can pick things up on the fly.

I agree. Cole can be fine in the current role - last year during NXT3 and on Raw picking on Daniel Bryan he was great and it wasn't too much. But once The Miz won the WWE Title it went too far. You have Cole going on about The Miz and that gimp Alex Riley, while you have Jerry Lawler getting involved in storyline/matches, the dissention between Cole and Lawler, plus you have the anonymous Raw GM thing, all while the third man on the table has to try and hold it all together but gets drowned out. It's just too much. The focus should be on the ring. Along with that, you have what seems to be a lot more guest commentators coming out during segments/matches and not getting a word in sideways.

• Paid Members

Anyone else it was utterly crap that they advertised Vince showing up and he merely announced... that next week there is an announcement? Why can't you just tell us now you old bastard?

That six-woman tag, it has to be said, was the best wank I've had for ages.

I have thought for a while that this Cole heel turn is going to lead to Cole V Lawler at WrestleMania. Which leads me to believe Cole will cost Lawler the Title at Elimination Chamber. The could mean Jim Ross will be at WrestleMania.

Nah. A-Ri's confident prediction that Miz WILL NOT LOSE at the ppv just added further weight to the idea that it will be down to him that Miz retains, leading to King v A-Ri at Mania.

Would people be exclaiming " PG SUX " if Kelly Kelly started gushing period blood down her leg half way through a match and the camera cut away?

I'd fucking love that. Well, apart from the "cut away" part.

I was thinking, with the way he'd been shoehorned in, that it'd be Jerry Lawler vs. Ted DiBiasie as a curtain-jerker at WM.

I was hoping that this could lead to Cole trying to spoil Lawler's big 'Mania match by interfering, only for a JR 'run' down and a nice feelgood moment...

• Paid Members
That six-woman tag, it has to be said, was the best wank I've had for ages.

:laugh: Well played sir.

Watch the host be Vince, I'd put money on it.

Good shout. I reckon he'll announce it as being himself and thus draw some heat in the process, only for someone else to turn up and effectively tate his own case to host the event, i.e Steve Austin, in the form of a Stunner. It may even lead to a few segments between Vince and the new host just to keep things going on TV until the event as another storyline/angle or whatnot.

• Paid Members
Gerweck.net had a report first thing this morning claiming who the WrestleMania host was, but they must've pulled the page from their website now.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I honestly can't remember his name. I'd never heard of him in my life. Did anyone happen to see it too?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was Ryan Seacrest. Who the fuck is he? If it is him, which is probably isn't seeing as Gerweck pulled the report, why would Vince announce an announcement to announce this nomad will be the announcer for WrestleFuckingMania??

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He's actually a massive name in America.

Massive enough to host Wrestlemania and to have a big deal made about it by Vince on tv, and coming out of his coma to do so? I mean he may be a well-known name in the States, but is he a massive deal? I don't expect it will be him for that reason. WWE will go for someone with more international fame.

I think Stone Cold is a likely candidate. As someone else on here mentioned, he will presenting Tough Enough- which debuts the week after Mania I think. His appearance also chucks in a bit of hype for the show.

Well, he has 4 MILLION Twitter followers - of which you'd get alot of diehard fans of his ordering WM just to get their fix, you know what mad Americans are like.

Ashton Kutcher has 6 million twitter followers, none of them watched Raw when he guest hosted though.

Americans arnt as mad as you seem to think. They certainly wouldnt pay $50 to watch an over-exposed tv presenter on Mania. Just like the Bieber rumour, they would achieve column inches on TMZ. But they wont sell any tickets or ppv's. Its a money pit!

It wouldnt surprise me though. Mini Kid Rock concert last year, Mayweather a few years before that etc.

Kim Kardashian was guest hostess at Wrestlemania 24. So its not like its the first time its been done though.

The fact that I dont remember that at all and actually watched the show scares me.

If they want proper publicity, they should lure Charlie Sheen onto the show with promises of prostitutes and Divas.

Archived