Monday Night Raw: 7/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

ThePhenom

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm actually liking Cole more as he goes along.

He's definitely heeling it up more beyond his Miz love, which is working well for me, and definitely making the commentary more interesting.

Can't see why anyone would want to stop watching because of him. Rather this than two half-arsed commentators doing fuck all.

Agreed. He actually nearly helped R-Truth get less jeers after he stood up and started cheering Milwaukee with the fans. Cole in general is a fantastic heel presence on the show. Whoever gets the honour of hitting their finisher on him now will get a massive reaction from the crowds.

I was a bit disappointed with Lawler's promo really. It wasn't bad, but we've seen veterans like Piper and Michael Hayes cut promos in the past that got their points across a lot better and with more fire in their bellies. You'd think Lawler would maybe have a little more base in his voice considering he's got a WWE title match on PPV coming up.

• Paid Members

It seems Vince has a soft spot for trying to get kids dancing and singing via the medium of a rapping wrestler/manager. Men On A Mission, Phatu, K-Kwik/R-Truth/Kwik-Save. Stupid targetting of family audiences. :/

I miss when he balanced it out with a horrible character. He should reinvest in this equilibrium and bring back evil Doink. That'll shit up the little bastards.

• Paid Members

Wade Barrett was doing a fine job of just that during the Cena feud. The expressions on the nipper's faces at times were golden. Barrett's absolute best smugness came when Cena said his 'goodbyes' to the Raw roster backstage, did the whole bro handshake thing with Orton, headed for the exit, only for Barrett to come into shot and do the you can't see me gesture. Absolute gold.

• Paid Members
Mason Ryan is rotten. He should not even be on Superstars yet nevermind fucking Raw. His expression didn't change one tiny teeny bit when they announced the decision was reversed. He just stood there like the big green worthless piece of shit that he is.

Why would it change? He never, ever cared about the result. He was focused on hurting R-Truth and creating a weakness for his leader to capitalise on. Which was made completely clear when Punk saw him after.

I really liked the Nexus - Orton opening segment. And I liked Punks motivation behind costing Orton the title in the run-up to WrestleMania. Mainly because I always felt like that was something that was left un-addressed and made Punk look a bit of a coward for never really avenging for. But he was a young upstart at the time having inserted himself in with the big boys by sneaky means and Ortons actions put him back in his place. Works nicely for his change of attitude upon cashing in the next time around and his motivations then and now. I was looking forward to a series between the two after Orton cost Punk in 2008, so I'm looking forward to it now with the roles reversed and reckon they could have a right blinder at WrestleMania.

I initially thought the host was meant to imply a non-wrestling personality. After you lot started saying Rock or Michaels I also thought if its to be a wrestling personality its surely Austin. I'm really not keen on the idea of 'Mania having a 'host' at all though at this stage.

Personally I love Coles stuff lately and don't find it distracting at all. Considering he was starting to get a bit of a following, its good that he's getting a bunch of hatred again. He totally made it obvious its Cena-Miz for 'Mania though with how he's starting to tire of Cena, I suppose it was the obvious match anyway.

Mason Ryan is rotten. He should not even be on Superstars yet nevermind fucking Raw. His expression didn't change one tiny teeny bit when they announced the decision was reversed. He just stood there like the big green worthless piece of shit that he is.

Why would it change? He never, ever cared about the result. He was focused on hurting R-Truth and creating a weakness for his leader to capitalise on. Which was made completely clear when Punk saw him after.

He could have at least acknowledged the announcement somehow. Even by smiling to insinuate he doesn't give a damn about winning or losing. My point was he looked like he didn't know what he was doing out there.

First RAW i've watched in a while. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. R-Truth is shite, his entrance makes me cringe. Mason Ryan was clueless. He didn't do a thing right. How Ted Dibiase still gets on RAW I will never know. John cenas promo was extremely cheesy as per usual. Michael Cole is a fucking annoying whiny cunt. The only real saving grace of this show was just how in tune CM punk is with his character. He is so believable, and is by far the best thing in wrestling today. He is clearly extremely passionate about his job. Daniel Bryan also continues to be phenomenal inside the ring. Him and Lawler looked good.

• Paid Members
Since they showed CM Punk bleeding, does this mean they are going back to the good days?

Yep. 2006 here we come! Now they've shown blood, I'm just hoping Shelton's Mama returns and worm eating become a regular fixture, just like when the WWE was setting the entertainment world on fire!

I'm quite surprised at the Cole hate I've read on this thread. Cole is absolutely immense at the moment and has been for me since the first season of NXT. Loved him ripping R-Truth and I though Cena covering it was hilarious in a pathetic kind of way. It's almost as if it was like a friend/family member made an awful gaffe at some sort of social gathering and he was sticking up for him. He might as well have said the Truth was going through a difficult period at the moment and didn't mean it. Y'know, he's a nice guy. Honestly.

Archived