Monday Night Raw: 7/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

ThePhenom

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm quite surprised at the Cole hate I've read on this thread. Cole is absolutely immense at the moment and has been for me since the first season of NXT. Loved him ripping R-Truth.

I actually like Cole in moderation (he was in his element on NXT imo) but lately he just doesn't shut up and in the end I can't even concentrait on what is going on in the ring it wouldn't be so bad IF HE DIDN'T FUCKING SHOUT ALL THE TIME but his whole routine seems to be just shouting and sucking off The Miz now.

Personally I think they should just reveal him as the Mystery GM and be fucking done with it.

Back in the hey day wasn't JR just shouting and sucking off Austin? It's great to have a proper heel commentator in this day and age that makes you want to hate him. Hell, my missus isn't a wresling fan at all, but even she find Cole spouting off his bullshit funny.

Back in the hey day wasn't JR just shouting and sucking off Austin?

Yes. JR was no calmer or more partial than Cole. Someone posted a clip on here recently of Triple H and Austin brawling from 2001, and Jim's screaming "HELMSLEY, YOU NO-GOOD BASTARD! DAMN YOUR SOUL TO HELL!" at the top of his lungs the entire time. It made the Oklahoma character look subtle in comparison.

Wasn't a great fan of Raw. Punk, Cole and Vickie were on top form and Cena was pretty good. The highlight was Cole telling Natalya that nobody cares what she has to say anyway. The Lawler-Miz encounter was a letdown.

I think the "ain't no grave" song was added just to stop people getting their hopes up for Sting, so as to keep Undertaker's return from being a disappointment on the night.

Very curious about who the guest host is.

Very curious about who the guest host is.

I don't think this guest host is going to be a T.V presenter.

Its going to be someone that will make people want to buy the PPV. For instance, if Dermot O'Leary was announced as the guest host of Wrestlemania, would casual wrestling fans in the U.K clamour to buy the event?

I'm thinking a big wrestling name from the past, film star, rock star.

My guess for guest host is HBK, hes Mr Wrestlemania, can talk, wont be shitting it or uncomfortable like alot of the celebs they bring in, maybe a wee bit of sweet chin music at some point for a 'wrestlemania moment'.

Get Diesel too Have the Two Dudes with Attitude host thats money.

• Paid Members
Mason Ryan is rotten. He should not even be on Superstars yet nevermind fucking Raw. His expression didn't change one tiny teeny bit when they announced the decision was reversed. He just stood there like the big green worthless piece of shit that he is.

Why would it change? He never, ever cared about the result. He was focused on hurting R-Truth and creating a weakness for his leader to capitalise on. Which was made completely clear when Punk saw him after.

Yeah, I was thinking how silly it was that he didn't react at all but it made sense after that next segment. I was more bothered that Ryan and R-Shite managed to botch a spot as simple as the run towards the turnbuckle and throw your legs in over the guy running in. That segment was lame though with Punk doing the whole "What were you thinking?" and then laughing about it. It didn't come across well at all.

I didn't enjoy the show much. Cena was in good form and Sheamus little promo was very good. The crowd was dead for it though. Michael Cole is doing my head in. I can't get over the concept of a heel play by play guy. He distracts from everything. His shouting about stuff that doesn't call for it is irritating too. I'd pull in Striker as play by play guy and have Cole work as heel announcer. If he just toned it down a little and picked his spots, he'd be great because he's got good delivery and he can pick things up on the fly.

I love those Undertaker videos. I know everyone would love it to be someone new but from their point of view, taker is a big deal and a big draw. They're right to hype up his returns. His act isn't tired, he's still massively over and he remains fresh because he keeps having to take time off. They've built plenty of guys he can work off now. They are right to hype him to fuck with their regular audience. I don't think him returning on Raw means much. they've pretty much scrapped the boundaries for their major acts recently. I'm hoping it might lead to Cena/'Taker somewhere along the line but I doubt it.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the shows get built around CM Punk and my enjoyment of it goes down.

Gerweck.net had a report first thing this morning claiming who the WrestleMania host was, but they must've pulled the page from their website now.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I honestly can't remember his name. I'd never heard of him in my life. Did anyone happen to see it too?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was Ryan Seacrest. Who the fuck is he? If it is him, which is probably isn't seeing as Gerweck pulled the report, why would Vince announce an announcement to announce this nomad will be the announcer for WrestleFuckingMania??

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He's actually a massive name in America.

Massive enough to host Wrestlemania and to have a big deal made about it by Vince on tv, and coming out of his coma to do so? I mean he may be a well-known name in the States, but is he a massive deal? I don't expect it will be him for that reason. WWE will go for someone with more international fame.

I think Stone Cold is a likely candidate. As someone else on here mentioned, he will presenting Tough Enough- which debuts the week after Mania I think. His appearance also chucks in a bit of hype for the show.

Well, he has 4 MILLION Twitter followers - of which you'd get alot of diehard fans of his ordering WM just to get their fix, you know what mad Americans are like.

I agree it would be underwhelming to actual Wrestling fans like you and I, that don't care about him in the slightest.

I don't think Vince is too bothered about international buyrates when it comes to the US ones, he will make pennies from the international market compared to what he makes from the American buys.

• Paid Members
Sigh...I don't want want Wrestlemania to feel like I'm watching the MTV awards

Have you seen how the guest host thing works? It's nothing like MTV awards. It'll be someone famous in wrestling or pop culture who they can stick all over posters and adverts and let do talk shows and radio shows for free publicity. He'll address the crowd at WM, do some insane backstage skit or two and get well paid for it.

Archived