Monday Night Raw: 7/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

ThePhenom

• Paid Members

Gerweck.net had a report first thing this morning claiming who the WrestleMania host was, but they must've pulled the page from their website now.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I honestly can't remember his name. I'd never heard of him in my life. Did anyone happen to see it too?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT

It was Ryan Seacrest. Who the fuck is he? If it is him, which is probably isn't seeing as Gerweck pulled the report, why would Vince announce an announcement to announce this nomad will be the announcer for WrestleFuckingMania??

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gerweck.net had a report first thing this morning claiming who the WrestleMania host was, but they must've pulled the page from their website now.

I honestly can't remember his name. I'd never heard of him in my life. Did anyone happen to see it too?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT

It was Ryan Seacrest. Who the fuck is he? If it is him, which is probably isn't seeing as Gerweck pulled the report, why would Vince announce an announcement to announce this nomad will be the announcer for WrestleFuckingMania??

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He's actually a massive name in America.

He's the American Idol version of Dermot O'Leary

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Oh, I know who you mean. Obviously theres nothing wrong with him making an appearence on camera, but the host of Wrestlemania? Not exactly huge news really is it? I mean, they need someone to levels of Donald Trump or Floyd Mayweather to boost the buyrates.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He's the American Idol version of Dermot O'Leary

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Oh, I know who you mean. Obviously theres nothing wrong with him making an appearence on camera, but the host of Wrestlemania? Not exactly huge news really is it? I mean, they need someone to levels of Donald Trump or Floyd Mayweather to boost the buyrates.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He is on them levels though, he hosts the most watched television show in America.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

The Rock is my boy, but I never even for a second got the vibe that it could be him guest hosting Wrestlemania. I'd spaz out for him, but I'm not even expecting him to appear let alone host the show.

I didn't think it was horrible show, but it wasn't anywhere near the standard of some of the Raw's we've seen in recent times. In contrast to some, I actually thought Micheal Cole was one of the best things on the show this week. His absolute ripping of R-Truth was fantastic, as was his comments to King when he criticised Ryan for going after a bodypart. Cole is so devilishly dislikeable and one of the main reasons for this is that actually, he's right with a lot of what he says!

Ryan busting out the Brock Lock was pretty cool. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Batista was just as green when he started out and he went on to do very well for himself. I predict the Welsh Wizard will go on to do well for himself in time, and rubbing shoulders with CM Punk will do him no harm whatsoever.

Vince basically said it was Shawn Michaels without saying the words 'Shawn' and 'Michaels', you can't possibly look any more into it.

It was a poor show. Like said above, Cole is making the show almost unwatchable at times. R-Truth is dire, Nexus all look like utter chumps except for Punk, we're getting the WWE Champion involved in matches with Ted DiBiase and a commentator, and it takes SmackDown talent like Del Rio and Vickie Guerrero to get things going.

Vince basically said it was Shawn Michaels without saying the words 'Shawn' and 'Michaels', you can't possibly look any more into it.

It was a poor show. Like said above, Cole is making the show almost unwatchable at times. R-Truth is dire, Nexus all look like utter chumps except for Punk, we're getting the WWE Champion involved in matches with Ted DiBiase and a commentator, and it takes SmackDown talent like Del Rio and Vickie Guerrero to get things going.

Cole really divides opinion doesn't he! I personally really like him, I only think now he should be the colour commentator, a heel main commentator as you say is maybe unwatchable and people find him distracting.

I agree. I'm getting sick of Michael Cole at the moment, he never shuts up. R Truth has always been the shits, I'm bored of Nexus as it's been them non stop since June doing the same old stuff, just with a change in cast. I'm not into any of the two proper feuds any more (Miz/Lawler, Cena & Orton Vs Nexus), it all just feels like I've seen it 100 times, which isn't good for Wrestlemania season. I don't know if it's Vince and Stephanie taking over Triple H again, but it's gone down hill once again. When Triple H was in control around November/December, the show was very good.

Horrible Raw! Just a bunch of meaningless shit. Essentially the biggest thing to happen was Vince came back to announce that next week there will be an announcement - wow must see TV right there folks!!

Mason Ryan is rotten. He should not even be on Superstars yet nevermind fucking Raw. His expression didn't change one tiny teeny bit when they announced the decision was reversed. He just stood there like the big green worthless piece of shit that he is.

Michael Cole and Vicki Guerrero are both annoying as fuck now. At the same time. It's really bad. They don't progress any, just repeat the same shit week in and week out.

That show might as well of never happened and we wouldn't have been any worse off.

• Paid Members

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

EDIT

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

He's actually a massive name in America.

Massive enough to host Wrestlemania and to have a big deal made about it by Vince on tv, and coming out of his coma to do so? I mean he may be a well-known name in the States, but is he a massive deal? I don't expect it will be him for that reason. WWE will go for someone with more international fame.

I think Stone Cold is a likely candidate. As someone else on here mentioned, he will presenting Tough Enough- which debuts the week after Mania I think. His appearance also chucks in a bit of hype for the show.

I'm actually liking Cole more as he goes along.

He's definitely heeling it up more beyond his Miz love, which is working well for me, and definitely making the commentary more interesting.

Can't see why anyone would want to stop watching because of him. Rather this than two half-arsed commentators doing fuck all.

Archived