Monday Night Raw: 7/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

ThePhenom

There is no credible contender to end the streak of Undertaker. However as boydy122 stated, Vince could use either of the newer factions to stack the deck against 'Taker. Could be an interesting feud if done correctly. And let's be fair, what other decent options are left for Undertaker at 'Mania? Not many at all. Seems like a good option to me.

Thats not credible at all. Undertaker would just run through them. Anyone, Virgil, Mr. Fuji, Big Daddy V or even Gangrel would be better than seeing Vince in the ring again. I've already seen Vince vs the Undertaker. Wade Barrett would at least have something close to being decent with the Undertaker. Vince tried the bells and whistles match last year with Bret Hart, where there was about 60 people involved and loads of shortcuts and it died on its arse.

Wasn't last year's shitfest with Bret down to the fact that Bret's too fucked to wrestle and should not even been allowed to be in the ring? I'm sure if I tapped Bret on the shoulder, there'd be a chance I'd put him in hospital for six months. My point is that Vince isn't a credible option for beating 'Taker. NO ONE IS. And I'd rather see 'Taker go against Vince with a fun build up to it, rather than have him face Barrett in a slow boring match. Also, I don't think it'd be the best thing for Barrett's momentum either.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Wasn't last year's shitfest with Bret down to the fact that Bret's too fucked to wrestle and should not even been allowed to be in the ring? I'm sure if I tapped Bret on the shoulder, there'd be a chance I'd put him in hospital for six months.

He'd be there to send you grapes probably after he breaks your orbital bone. Its funny that someone who's banging on about putting a 46 year old bloke thats JUST had shoulder surgery and was last seen having some of the most abysmal matches of the year against a 65-year-old none worker is making excuses for why last years match involving Vince was bad. Vince is usually rotten, unless he's wrestling someone who can carry him, and Undertaker and Vince's last match lasted about 3 minutes and that was in 2003. Your talking like he's Hashimoto or something.

My point is that Vince isn't a credible option for beating 'Taker. NO ONE IS. And I'd rather see 'Taker go against Vince with a fun build up to it, rather than have him face Barrett in a slow boring match. Also, I don't think it'd be the best thing for Barrett's momentum either.

Fair enough. So you'd rather see a shit match that we've seen before that Undertaker will win, rather than a fresh match that might be good that Undertaker would win?

Could Vince announce Diesel as the mystery GM? Booker T has a role on Smackdown and Kev hasnt been on twitter in the last 14 hours which is something for him. Wouldnt be surprised if we saw Nash on Raw or Smackdown this week. He signed his contract after last weeks Raw, so he wouldnt have shown up last week. Would be good to see him.

Nash signed a Legends contract, alot different to a regular contract - ala Roddy Piper/Jimmy Snuka ect. type of deal.

It would be good though.

• Paid Members
Nash signed a Legends contract, alot different to a regular contract - ala Roddy Piper/Jimmy Snuka ect. type of deal.

Booker T signed a legends contract as well, though. And Nash has been in interviews talking like he's going to be involved somehow. He isnt talking like a person who's there to sit at home and collect his money. He's said he wants to feud with Barrett or Big Show. The fact Booker T is on the show raised hopes of Nash being involved somehow.

Wasn't last year's shitfest with Bret down to the fact that Bret's too fucked to wrestle and should not even been allowed to be in the ring? I'm sure if I tapped Bret on the shoulder, there'd be a chance I'd put him in hospital for six months.

He'd be there to send you grapes probably after he breaks your orbital bone. Its funny that someone who's banging on about putting a 46 year old bloke thats JUST had shoulder surgery and was last seen having some of the most abysmal matches of the year against a 65-year-old none worker is making excuses for why last years match involving Vince was bad. Vince is usually rotten, unless he's wrestling someone who can carry him, and Undertaker and Vince's last match lasted about 3 minutes and that was in 2003.

My point is that Vince isn't a credible option for beating 'Taker. NO ONE IS. And I'd rather see 'Taker go against Vince with a fun build up to it, rather than have him face Barrett in a slow boring match. Also, I don't think it'd be the best thing for Barrett's momentum either.

Fair enough. So you'd rather see a shit match that we've seen before that Undertaker will win, rather than a fresh match that might be good that Undertaker would win?

Why would I make excuses for last year's match with Vince/Bret? It was shit for numerous reasons. Putting two guys who can't wrestle in a situation where the face stacks the odds against the heel. It was garbage. Pure and simple. However, Vince has had matches in the past where it's been orchestrated well enough to cover up his obvious limitations and weaknesses. Who would have thought that his match with Hogan at WrestleMania XIX would be as good as it was?

And I just cannot see a Barrett/Taker match being entertaining. I like the guy, but Wade's too green and 'Taker's too fucked to carry him to a great match. Besides, I think that Barrett would ineviatabely lose and that might not be the best thing for him considering that WWE needs to push younger guys and not bury them just to put over older talent.

I don't understand this Barrett v Undertaker thing that always gets brought up here. Barrett has been banging on about The Corre being equals - if anybody in that faction ends up facing The Deadman at WrestleMania, it'll be all of them at the same time. I'd rather see Taker in a proper odds-stacked-against-him match than a one-on-one. He doesn't have to steamroll through them either - it could be done as a really well-earned or skanky victory. Yep, it may be more obvious Taker keeping his streak intact against a number of men, but lets face it, he's not losing the streak to anybody now. It would be an absolute waste of time.

EDIT: As for Raw tonight, I think I'll just skip through the show quickly in the morning. I loved The Miz as Mr.Money in the Bank and as US Champ, but he's doing my head in with Alex Riley and Cole stinking up commentary. Being in a feud with a commentator doesn't help either, as good as Jerry has been lately. Oh, and R-Truth shouldn't be anywhere near the Chamber match. But joo...joo already knew that.

• Paid Members
However, Vince has had matches in the past where it's been orchestrated well enough to cover up his obvious limitations and weaknesses. Who would have thought that his match with Hogan at WrestleMania XIX would be as good as it was?

That was 8 years ago, by the way. Vince has had a couple of candles to blow out on a few cakes and two torn quad muscles since then. And Hulk Hogan can have a good match with anyone as long as he's wrestling a Hulk Hogan match. That match was all drama and had a massive story behind it, and it had never been done. It was lightening in a bottle that match. It was one off magic.

And I just cannot see a Barrett/Taker match being entertaining. I like the guy, but Wade's too green and 'Taker's too fucked to carry him to a great match

But Undertaker can carry Vince to a great match?

However, Vince has had matches in the past where it's been orchestrated well enough to cover up his obvious limitations and weaknesses. Who would have thought that his match with Hogan at WrestleMania XIX would be as good as it was?

That was 8 years ago, by the way. Vince has had a couple of candles to blow out on a few cakes and two torn quad muscles since then. And Hulk Hogan can have a good match with anyone as long as he's wrestling a Hulk Hogan match. That match was all drama and had a massive story behind it, and it had never been done. It was lightening in a bottle that match. It was one off magic.

And I just cannot see a Barrett/Taker match being entertaining. I like the guy, but Wade's too green and 'Taker's too fucked to carry him to a great match

But Undertaker can carry Vince to a great match?

I'm in no way suggesting that Undertaker/Vince would be a wrestling clinic at all. However, it would have a big-match feel to it, something which the WrestleMania card sorely needs just judging by how things are shaping up at the moment.

Hmm Vince appearing has definently peaked my interest. Hopefully it's something to do with the GM, I assume he knows who it is, but the same night he announced an anonymous GM he was taken out by Nexus, so we shall see.

In regards to Triple H, is anyone else starting to get the feeling he isn't coming back :(. He's had so many opportunities, and Sheamus is so low key at the minute it's ridiculous, coming in and beating him wouldn't mean a lot. Plus if Taker and or Sting are coming on the 22nd you'd assume he couldn't come back then, so that leaves the start of march as his earliest return date, assuming he doesn't return at Elimination Chamber. So wouldn't leave that long to build up Mania.

With the stories of how he's taking a more hands on approach in regards to the actual running of the WWE, it isn't looking too promising :(. I miss the big nosed bastard!

Archived