Mornington Crescent

Carbomb

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right-Oh, It is Quintesson Accelerator Time, this does mean that Iam going to to see the larger picture to get closer to victory. In the only available move I can see using this tactic, this leads me somewhat far away but poised for an excellent next move. So Bristol Parkway it is

Dash it all. According to the Recycular Play Card I had to draw having stayed in the same place for five days straight, it seems I "fell asleep on what I thought was a bench at Camden Town and it turned out to be the Merchant Caravan".

So as you'll all know, having ended up on the Merchant Caravan route and with this game being contested under Canadian rules, I have ended up in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

I better make my way to Heathrow before Carbomb gets out of Nidd. Thankfully he's still in Spoon as well, so that'll take him some time.

• Paid Members

I got stuck at Euston, but decided to take advantage of the Jeff Goldblum sidestep, and I took the 192 bus...

And they stopped the bus round the corner from Mornington Crescent! But not actually there - I'm stuck there as long as they're doing ticket inspections.

Spitting distance from Mornington Crescent, but not actually there

I got stuck at Euston, but decided to take advantage of the Jeff Goldblum sidestep, and I took the 192 bus...

And they stopped the bus round the corner from Mornington Crescent! But not actually there - I'm stuck there as long as they're doing ticket inspections.

Spitting distance from Mornington Crescent, but not actually there

I could have sworn blind that the Jeff Goldblum Sidestep is only valid on a Saturday, if it happens to fall with a month ending in E, and only then for stations on the DLR.

I may be a bit rusty but Im sure I read this in the "Canadian Rules Subset: A guide to the lesser known shortcuts, abbreviations and lost rules of Mornington Crescent" ( 3rd Edition, 1973) by Catalina Baker-Finch and Demetrius Smythe.

Anyone care to clarify?

• Paid Members

I think you are confusing the Canadian and the Royal Canadian there patdfb. It has already happened in this game and its no suprise that it has happened again. Jeff Goldblum Sidestep is perfectly acceptable play in this situation.

I do feel though that the correct response to the JGS at this point in the game with all quarters been equal, players in Nidd, and Spoon and with Wembley Park being closed for repairs is to play Bayswater as a way of helping all of you out. Thats just the sort of player I am. Generous.

Extremely generous of you, sir. With my powerplay still active (another reason I love Canadian rules) and moves occuring outside the recognised quadrants for two consecutive turns, my previous widdershins double step adjacent to the Circle line has moved me neatly to the Northern cluster. Bayswater not only breaks the Zone 1 stasis lock but also enables me to perform the aforementioned Double-Butt, thereby reaching

Mornington Crescent

• Paid Members

Oh, sterling play there. Good stuff indeed. The double-butt's a very under-rated and under-used play, so it's good to see someone actually winning with it. Want to submit that to Stovold's for world rankings? I'll happily bear witness for you.

Oh, and I'm still in Nidd and Spoon.

Thank you, that's very kind.

I assume we're going again? The Canadian ruleset seems to be working very well for us at the moment so other than suggesting that we adopt the sanctions of the 43rd Commonwealth Tabernacle and make "Up and Unders" worth half, I propose no changes.

• Paid Members

Uncletrunx - that's a good idea.

Dean Ayass - also a good idea, just make sure you allow for adjustments when skirting the brim.

Which of you fine gents would like to go first?

• Paid Members

I am going to make a move that is not as popular as it once was but still comes with a huge bonus and say

Bank

With that moves from now on all jokers are wild but only within zones 1 and 2. This for the less experienced player is called the Goodwin Gradient Effect

Archived