Mornington Crescent

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Carbomb coming into Nidd has at last knocked me out of Nidd as established by the Johannson-Cheung Artesian Reflex Reversal. As somewhat of a traditionalist I don't really like to use the J-CARR but I have been in Nidd longer than the infamous Carol-Ann McKenzie who was there so long she was on the verge of setting up a gift shop.

So as my waistcoat is flowery, my hat is cocked at a jaunty angle, and my motives are traditional I play

Maida Vale

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well I'm finally into the game after being held-up in Parts Unknown Central. I knew embarking on West African Nimbo-Hippo regulations was a risky procedure, and I'm the only one to blame. Needless to say, those savages attempted to stop me in my tracks with claims that I had Double Reversed my Junction without properly specifying my intentions of Old Man Nodd. Anyway to cut a long story short, as I was happily strolling into AKEEM STREET about to claim my glorious victory, they sent me straight off to Nidd citing Old Tribesman Rulings about the use of Junctions.

After killing several locals, I am now free and ready for some action. I do however realise that my escape from Nidd via a machine gun has put many into Nidd themselves. Especially you Butch, even if you are a fellow Welshman and were there in person for the glorious Welsh victory in the 2007 Super Cup Final against those skilful boys from Brazil.

• Moderators

I've lodged an official complaint with Montgomery Collins of The 4th Mornington Crescent Players Club about Carbomb. He's fucking ruined this game to put it bluntly. Absolute hogwash with the absurd rules he's placed on this, not to mention the codling of his friends thus far.

I'd suggest no-one makes any moves until this is cleared up.

• Paid Members

Pah neil, I say Pah!

Collins is nothing in this game, he was but after his absurd outburst at the Brazilian Open Invitational last year, and after losing the Royal Mornington Laureate title because of it, his stance on such a game will yield no results.

Everyone knows Jonty S. Blythe, Prince William's personal MC advisor is in line to take over The 4th Mornington Crescent Players Club, the fact he's Chancellor of the clubs Smoking Lounge will also guarantee him his place. I mean Monty took the same route in his day, granted his was Charlie's advisor, but still.

And if Jonty were to see this game he'd applaud, a big admirer of 'Gravitational Free Play' in fact he pioneered the earliest example of the movement.

So with that

Chalk Farm

• Paid Members
I've lodged an official complaint with Montgomery Collins of The 4th Mornington Crescent Players Club about Carbomb. He's fucking ruined this game to put it bluntly. Absolute hogwash with the absurd rules he's placed on this, not to mention the codling of his friends thus far.

I'd suggest no-one makes any moves until this is cleared up.

Typical fucking purist, can't look past Tubber-Chugg 1982 and the Llanddudno Accords.

The rules are perfectly valid; I'd have been more than happy to play bog-standard Street-Level or Popular Beat variations, but I wanted to make sure everyone could be included, hence Canadian ruleset. And there's nothing wrong with the Nova Scotia variation either - if it's good enough for Bret Hart, it's good enough for you.

Oh Carbomb, what a dilemma. I like you, so do I get you out of Nidd with a curved conglomerate or do I keep you in Nidd as a rival player and use an equilateral shimmy, an ironic move considering your tactics of the previous game......

I will go with.....

....wait for it......which way will I go.

I await your reaction when I say: Kilburn.

I can only think that my plan of keeping to backwaters and flying below the radar means you haven't noticed my slow increase in both influence and velocity. Time and tide wait for no man, especially with a play like Kilburn and I believe my window of opportunity is now.

With the Western and Northern quadrants so heavily populated, the backline split and the entire inner circle (if not the whole of zone 1) counting as a double challenge continuum, I think the only thing to do is play widdershins. As such, and noting the impact of the powerplay:

Covent Garden

• Paid Members

With Carbomb in Nidd and Spoon and Uncletrunx playing such a tremendous widdershins powerplay I think it is time to throw caution to the wind and play what most traditionalist would deem an insane move. I will use the Hesselink-Fukuoka defenestration defence and go right out to the wilds of

Morden

• Paid Members
6 pages in and not one of you have used Eckley's gambit. What is this, amateur hour?!

Eckley's Gambit is suicide under Canadian rules, you'd be mad to use it without a Merovingian prop.

Archived