Mornington Crescent

Carbomb

• Paid Members

I'm only a mid-level semi-novice in the World rankings, but I've advanced pretty far in the short space of time since I first took it up.

Does anyone else play? Fancy a game?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Canadian ruleset's fine, it encompasses standard Metropolitan and Montague's 2nd stationary ruling anyway.

I'll start, and go for a standard opener:

Highbury & Islington

• Paid Members
If you knew the Canadian ruleset, you wouldn't have started on Highbury & Islington. Are you thinking of the Royal Canadian ruleset?

Dammit, I think I probably am. That's put me In Nid.

You start.

• Paid Members
You just lost the game.

Please don't hijack this gentlemen's game. By all means, feel free to join us.

Actually, he hasn't lost anyway - I was actually trying a bluff to try and get him to start at a less awkard station. I wasn't expecting him to turn it around and ask me to start, because I always find it more difficult if I started first.

So, Highbury and Islington stands. I'll take the "Dick Tracy" shaunt to West Brompton, and open it up for another player.

• Paid Members

Good move. Reminiscent of the 1983 grandmasters' final between Merrick, Robinson, Selwyn and Mikhailichenko; although, to be fair, Selwyn's shaunt was along the lateral orbit, which wouldn't have been permissible under Canadian OR Royal Canadian rules, so well done under the restriction.

Anyone else, or shall I take the next?

EDIT:

Sod it, we'll keep it to two players for now. Let's see now...

Ealing Broadway

• Paid Members
Can I use my superchance at this stage, or should I wait until the 3rd quadrant?

Ah, glad you could join us. Under Canadian rules, you have to wait until the 3rd quadrant, I'm afraid.

• Paid Members
I'll refrain from using it for now. I'll just play it safe and take Cockfosters.

With that in mind though, I will open the game to a Putsch, if anyone wants to take it.

That's fine. It's mainly to prevent straddling, which apparently was taken advantage of far too frequently in the late 70s, when the 3rd edition of the Canadian ruleset was published.

Chris, your turn.

• Paid Members

Hmmmm, I'd say you've peaked a bit too soon there. You've left yourself no room for manoeuvre, which you may need later when Butch uses his superchance.

Alright, I'll go for:

Crossharbour

Sorry - Butch, your turn.

Archived