Mornington Crescent

Carbomb

Aren't you forgetting that as we're in Lent, fiscal transactions of sets or allied properties is/are prohibited. As such, the Monopoly conjunction is subject to the Periods of austerity / linked game regulations 1992, making the "misplay" a valid (even, some might say, a well planned) move.

It also leads well to this:

Green Park

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah-ha! Finally I can break free from Stanmore as I inadvertently got myself stranded after invoking the Middlesex Trench. Thanks to you my good fellow I can now leave there. I need to be very shrewd in my next move as I have a feeling that the end is in sight. But I feel that safety is the best policy and i will move to Swiss Cottage to try and recover from my month stranded in Stanmore

This Stanmore trap play worries me.

I understand the need to mitigate against repeated use of entrapment strategies but where emergency activity exceeds the baseline value for common play, one might argue that sooner rather than later we're going to end up with a margin whereby just about everyone is having to sprint just to stand still. Not only will that result in far more people stuck in Nidd for extended periods but worse than that, it may mean that there is no possible means of playing an escape and the whole game reverts to an entropic state of permanent stasis. A Stasis Lock can at least be broken by a player willing to make the necessary sacrifices but entropic stasis is an impossible situation and suits nobody; remember the Intercontinental Series of 2001 (Watkins vs Sawyer) where it took prolonged intervention just to get play restarted? Under Canadian (and other Commonwealth) rules, a rapidly increasing baseline outside of the identified safe parameters (Johnson et al) will automatically trigger the introduction of the 30% marginal slowdown rate; some decry this as interventionist and against the spirit of the game but I'm of the opinion that it's necessary just to ensure that play is able to continue. In any case, it's academic as we've moved away from Canadian rulesets for this round but it's a worrying development and one we need to be mindful of.

My play, therefore, will be by necessity regressive:

Acton Town

• Paid Members

I've been lucky with the Stanmore play, because the aforementioned margin actually gets wider for me, when you take into account my performance over the previous games, my liberal usage of Thackeray's Accelerator and Wilson's 44, the fact that I haven't left London at all in this entire thread, and the fact that I've largely avoided invasive and aggressive play for the most part - there's less of a likelihood of reflex backlash in terms of points and reactive stratagems. With that in mind, I can play a Whelan-Fleck Reductor, and take the inside, or I can go for the more spectacular play, which I think is more fun, and take it from the wide angle - to this end, I'm going to play a Tube-Shinkansen Disconnect Bridge, and go for:

Shinjuku

Archived