The random shit you forget

air_raid

Whilst we're on about tag teams, The Samoan Gangsta Party in the WWF. All they did was appear in the aisle for a few weeks to try and persuade Fatu to join them, before turning up in ECW.

Another winner! I remember it now you mention it but probably never would have unless you mentioned it. I remember those blokes but didn't know they were the Samoan Gangsta Party.

Who were The Samoan Gangsta Party?? Were they Samu and one of the less-famous ones? I just remember them beating jobbers in EcW but getting lamped by Jack & Mustafa pretty severely.

They were Sammy the Silk & Big Matty Smalls, better known as Samu & the future Rosey.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst we're on about tag teams, The Samoan Gangsta Party in the WWF. All they did was appear in the aisle for a few weeks to try and persuade Fatu to join them, before turning up in ECW.

Another winner! I remember it now you mention it but probably never would have unless you mentioned it. I remember those blokes but didn't know they were the Samoan Gangsta Party.

Who were The Samoan Gangsta Party?? Were they Samu and one of the less-famous ones? I just remember them beating jobbers in EcW but getting lamped by Jack & Mustafa pretty severely.

They were Sammy the Silk & Big Matty Smalls, better known as Samu & the future Rosey.

I'm sure Powerslam did as big profile piece on Umaga in 2007 and said that the Samoan Gangster Party was actually 3MW?

• Paid Members

I would like to throw in the post angle - angle after the New Age Outlaws pushed the Dumpster with Cactus and Funk inside. Most of the undercard arrives, even Vince himself is there talking with the Outlaws and then Flash Funk starts proper kicking the fuck off before the undercarders resemble a lynch mob beating the shit out of Road Dogg and Gunn, weird post angle, almost real if you ignore Kevin Kelly smart marking referencing to fuck

I'm sure Powerslam did as big profile piece on Umaga in 2007 and said that the Samoan Gangster Party was actually 3MW?

I'd have to dig out my old copies of Powerslam to see the profile piesce but I checked on Wikipedia under 3 Minute Warning and yeah that's true.

Some things I have remembered recently and thought I could stick in this thread were:

Mr Hughes, Jericho's bodyguard (remembered him from watching Jericho's DVD) and when I looked him up on Wikipedia I found this out which I have no memory of at all:

the Legend of GOTCH GRACIE - On 09/13/99 Chris Jericho had a feud with Ken Shamrock over who was the "submission master." - Jericho flew in a new submission expert to prove his dominance over. Chris Jericho said he scoured the submission dojo's in Taiwan and brought back a new competitor named Gotch Gracie. After handily defeating Gotch, Ken Shamrock came out upset that Jericho was touting himself as "the world's most dangerous man." When Shamrock entered the cage, both Gotch & Jericho teamed-up to beat-down Shamrock. The big reveal was that Gotch was really Mr. Hughes in disguise.

I see it was mentioned earlier but when watching Smackdown this week I realised I had absolutely no memory of Bam Neely at all, until I had faint memories of him being around when Edge had his little stable with Vicki and Chavo.

Bull Buchanan as B2, Cena's aquaintance.

Trinity, I have quite a few faint memories of her in TNA but her WWE run in the FBI barely happened.

Kid Kash and Jamie Noble in a tag team as the Pit Bulls.

The travesty that was the XFL - I only remember this now because I was re-watching the McMahon DVD a few days ago.

Would you recommend it? I have been debating whether to get it or not since it was released

I suppose it depends on why you'd be buying it - if it's for seeing what Vince and other people in his life say about the "Mr McMahon" character etc, yes I'd recommend it. Not so much for the second disc which is just matches including the horrible "I Quit" match he had with Stephanie.

I was watching Jamie Noble doing the backstage vignettes where he hunted Hornswoggle for the CW title, some were very good, like the leprechaun trap Jamie set up. Shannon Moore was heavily involved which I forgot.

Rodney Mack was briefly John Cenas Dogg after B2. That I'm sure of.

That really entertaining feud between William Regal and Triple H that stemmed from the Triple H- Eugene feud around 2004. They had some quality matches.

Did Kane feud with another Kane at some point, or was I dreaming it? I've generally a strong recollection of most things in wrestling history, but this faint memory doesn't ring many bells.

Did Kane feud with another Kane at some point, or was I dreaming it? I've generally a strong recollection of most things in wrestling history, but this faint memory doesn't ring many bells.

Yup, there was a fake Kane played by Drew Hankinson AKA Festus.

I'd have to dig out my old copies of Powerslam to see the profile piesce but I checked on Wikipedia under 3 Minute Warning and yeah that's true.

I believe both are correct. From the obituary I wrote for Umaga:

http://www.wrestling101.com/home/2009/12/e...-fatu-obituary/

Less than a year into his career, the twenty two year-old was signed by the WWF alongside cousin Matt Anoa

Archived