WWE All stars

xear

Just beat me to it

brawlstick.jpg

Mad Catz has long been a leading brand name when it comes to video game accessories and peripherals, and their latest foray into the world of video games would come in the form of the Mad Catz BrawlStick and BrawlPad, where either one of them is slated to high octane WWE action to life, letting you lay the smack down right in the comfort of your living room. Both of these will be more than suitable for recreating signature moves of the WWE Legends and current WWE Superstars. Of course, get these only if you

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well THQ have confirmed 30 wrestlers and a load of DLC on thier facebook, the DLC comment VERY quickly after i said i'd love to see Sting on the Legends roster....

I can dream.

30 wrestlers to choose from in the entire game or just a preliminary list?

If it's only 30, then that's a wee bit disappointing. This is a big chance to get tonnes of old faces in and I think the game would be a big seller if the roster is good. Personally, I think it looks top class. If the gameplay is fun then it's onto a winner for me; it's finally a wrestling game everyone I know will want to play. People like my sister and her husband who were fans in the 80s and early 90s will be interested, and even some of my friends who 'grew out of' wrestling will want to play.

There's a video on Xbox Live at the moment which looks at THQ and their new releases for 2011. All Stars gets a mention, there's a bit of gameplay footage and some shots of a press conference with Sheamus, Big Show, Kofi Kingston and Ricky Steamboat promoting the game (although those bits are voiced over so you can't hear what they're saying). The posters around the room in the video feature the same art style to the box art posted earlier in the thread, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is the final version. Also, there's a brief clip of someone who seems to be wearing yellow trunks and boots doing a piledriver on someone. Looks like Hogan's in...

• Paid Members
Well THQ have confirmed 30 wrestlers and a load of DLC on thier facebook, the DLC comment VERY quickly after i said i'd love to see Sting on the Legends roster....

I can dream.

If Sting makes it in to a WWE All Stars game, I'll post a YouTube video of myself eating my hat. Permitting I buy one first.

Don't Laugh, but some one on RG said this was coming to PS2? is that right?

Yes, as far as I know. The gaming sites have entries listed for it on the PS2. It might be missing some features and the DLC, but it is coming out.

Colour me interested looks like the Sega Soccer Slam of Wrestling

On here at least, i wouldn't say there's a 'snobbiness' about it. It just goes without saying that a lot of wrestling fans would prefer a game featuring wrestlers to resemble a wrestling game, it's only natural. You can still create a colourful and cartoony, fast paced wrestling game without going totally over the top as they appear to be doing here, with all the wrestler-juggling combos and similar gravity defying silliness.

There's only a limited amount of WWE titles released, it just seems a bit of a shame that they appear to be wasting a great opportunity for a top drawer arcade style wrestling game (like a modern day Wrestlefest) in favour of a fighting game which looks to resemble wrestling about as much as WM: the Arcade Game or In Your House did.

Legends of Wrestlemania was the most I've enjoyed any wrestling game since Here Comes the Pain, by a country mile. I put that down to all the old faces and arenas, and the arcadey, big moment fighting style that gave you certain fun bits in every match. And this looks like Legends before wellness testing or something. I cannot fucking wait for it. Out Wrestlemania weekend as well - normally our group have made do with arsing around on that years Smackdown game before the big show, but apparently not this year. Excellent.

Archived