Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Paid Members
Was that footage edited / have new commentary put onto it? I swear LOD came out as Legion of Doom 2000 and not as "just" the Legion of Doom.

Nah, it the same as when first broadcast. They explained next night they were looking into the next decade and rechristened themselves LOD 2000. Largely forgotten because a few other things might have happened that night.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This years winner really needs to be someone who hasnt 'been there done that' before. Batista was the last guy to win it and receive his first major title shot. Since then we've had Rey Mysterio (doesnt really count as someone getting a major push), Undertaker, Cena, Orton, Edge.

They need to take the risk and give it to someone like Del Rio or Barrett. They dont have to be in the last match at WM, but winning the Rumble would do them the world of good.

Does anybody have any sort of predictions for what they think will happen? I randomly predict that...

Sheamus will get a record for most eliminations this year, he will eliminate 12 guys.

Beth Phoenix will be back in the Rumble match this year.

Beth won't be the only suprise, I think HHH, Christian and a legend or two will make the cut. Ricky Steamboat has never been in a Rumble match, maybe him.

John Morrison will be the iron man this year, I also think he will kick off the Rumble alongside Alberto Del Rio.

Shortest time in the Rumble will (hopefully) go to Darren Young.

First elimination will be DH Smith.

• Paid Members
This years winner really needs to be someone who hasnt 'been there done that' before. Batista was the last guy to win it and receive his first major title shot. Since then we've had Rey Mysterio (doesnt really count as someone getting a major push).

Why doesn't Rey count?

I think some feel it was just a tribute to Eddie, plus his title reign was the shits and he jobbed more than I've ever seen a champion job.

• Paid Members
I'm going for a John Morrison win from starting at number 1 and outlasting the other 39 men.

I really hope they never do the #1 or #2 entrant win again- or at least not for a long time. How many times have they done it- 2 or 3?

• Paid Members
I'm going for a John Morrison win from starting at number 1 and outlasting the other 39 men.

I really hope they never do the #1 or #2 entrant win again- or at least not for a long time. How many times have they done it- 2 or 3?

I agree, but a 1-40 win would be a bit special. I'd like to see someone last until near the end from an early entrance, though.

• Paid Members

I agree, but a 1-40 win would be a bit special. I'd like to see someone last until near the end from an early entrance, though.

That would be good- even claiming the record of being the longest lasting entrant in history, but still not ending up winning it. Like Bob Backlund in 1993.

Archived