Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

Just seems a bit strange you are so clued up on all of this considering the "uber cool/I'm above WWE" statement that preceded the 'I haven't watched WWE since Wrestlemania 26'.

The key word being watched, I propose he still reads the results.

It's still a bit mad, though. If you're going to the extent of making guesses about Rumble entrants and following who's injured and can name the Superstars jobbers, you might as well just watch the show. And this bit:

Gonna stream it though, ain't no way Vince is getting my money with the way shows have gone lately.

Is a fucking mental thing to say if you haven't actually watched any of the shows in about nine months.

Yeah, fucking mental. :confused:

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just seems a bit strange you are so clued up on all of this considering the "uber cool/I'm above WWE" statement that preceded the 'I haven't watched WWE since Wrestlemania 26'.

The key word being watched, I propose he still reads the results.

It's still a bit mad, though. If you're going to the extent of making guesses about Rumble entrants and following who's injured and can name the Superstars jobbers, you might as well just watch the show. And this bit:

Gonna stream it though, ain't no way Vince is getting my money with the way shows have gone lately.

Is a fucking mental thing to say if you haven't actually watched any of the shows in about nine months.

Yeah, fucking mental. :confused:

Well, as has been pointed out, I still read the spoilers weekly, out of habit. I suppose it would be more accurate to say I haven't watched regularly since Wrestlemania 26. If I see something that's good, I'll flick on the occasional Raw. The Nexus storyline had me back for a couple of weeks, but then Cena squashed them at Summerslam, I kinda lost interest again. It wasn't an "I'm above WWE" statement, otherwise I wouldn't have contributed to the thread, and certainly not in as much detail. I watched for over a decade, and I'm still holding onto to hope that it'll regain the excitement it once had. Not even so much Attitude-era, more like early-2007 even.

• Paid Members
I'd love Ezekiel Jackson to get the 'Diesel treatment' and eliminate some of the low mid card talents - just a hunch, but I'm assuming the WWE has increased the Rumble by 10 extra bodies is for someone to eliminate quite a few mid carders.

As in Diesel hit the ting and eliminates him ? :D

• Paid Members

Having watched the 2000 Rumble today there is two things they need to bring back on Sunday.

1. Backstage vignettes of wrestlers drawing their numbers. This always made the Rumble special for me of having wrestlers draw their numbers and seeing their reactions.

2. Too Cool need to come back for a one off appearance in the rumble itself, I would mark so hard for that.

Having watched the 2000 Rumble today there is two things they need to bring back on Sunday.

1. Backstage vignettes of wrestlers drawing their numbers. This always made the Rumble special for me of having wrestlers draw their numbers and seeing their reactions.

2. Too Cool need to come back for a one off appearance in the rumble itself, I would mark so hard for that.

Agreed on the first one. Second one made me discombobulated.

Steve Blackman is a good call though.

I never liked that. Doesn't make sense the way they do it. The wrestlers pick a number, but how do they decide which order the wrestlers get to choose in. It's not fair. The wrestlers names should be in the big box thing, and they should start from 1 and go to 30 and pick a wrestler. That would be fairer. Either way I still never liked them.

Just watched this for the first time last night and would love to see Too Cool again for one night, seeing Steve Blackman would be great as well for me.

The wrestlers pick a number, but how do they decide which order the wrestlers get to choose in.

30-man sticky biscuit.

30 man Sticky Vicky would be better - She pops out 30 ping pong balls with the wrestlers, sorry, superstars names on and the order she pops them out is the order of entry :)

That Royal Rumble history vignette they are playing each show now is doing my nut in because it's the same one as the fantastic 2008 one but with the epic music replaced with some horrible scensters mixtape and the movie voice replaced with a ~woman!

I can't imagine how they looked at the footage of the old one, edited it into a new one, and decided it was somehow better :confused:.

That Royal Rumble history vignette they are playing each show now is doing my nut in because it's the same one as the fantastic 2008 one but with the epic music replaced with some horrible scensters mixtape and the movie voice replaced with a ~woman!

I can't imagine how they looked at the footage of the old one, edited it into a new one, and decided it was somehow better :confused:.

I like the womans voice, is the music not the official music for the ppv though? Yeah they've recycled it for years, but its still an epic video....

So who's winning?

The obvious choice for me would be John Cena, with it being in his home town, leading to Cena/Punk at Mania with Punk winning the title at the EC.

That might be too obvious though, the WWE do like to swerve us at times, maybe a HHH comeback to win the rumble? Are there any other real credible contenders to win? Barrett? Punk? Del Rio?

Archived