Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Paid Members

the only thing that i dont like about that rumble advert is the first clip of about 15 people in the ring is actually from the tag team battle royal from Wrestlmania 14!

Bar that i like the sats they have each year, plus the womens voice is awesome. i might stick my neck out and say a John morrision win this year could be a good shout, bar that maybe another undertaker win? Triple H is a deffo for a return but him/cena dont need it.......although one of them will probably win.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Best bump out of a ring ever.

7:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjzkg1KBrHE

I didn't really follow the business back then. Was it ever reported why, at the start of that match when everyone else jumps in the ring, a member of Los Boricuas just lies on the floor outside? He's in the bottom right of the screen whenever they cut to the hard camera for the first minute or so. I can only assume he had a heart attack when LOD returned with new gear.

I didn't really follow the business back then. Was it ever reported why, at the start of that match when everyone else jumps in the ring, a member of Los Boricuas just lies on the floor outside? He's in the bottom right of the screen whenever they cut to the hard camera for the first minute or so. I can only assume he had a heart attack when LOD returned with new gear.

Yeah, Ijust noticed this too. Googled it and found nothing.

Savio goes out first, presumably to allow Perez to get backstage for treatment, but having looked at it, he doesn't even make it into the ring, and looks like he's really struggling.

Anyone know?

• Paid Members

Yeah, Ijust noticed this too. Googled it and found nothing.

Savio goes out first, presumably to allow Perez to get backstage for treatment, but having looked at it, he doesn't even make it into the ring, and looks like he's really struggling.

Anyone know?

Around 3:05 you see some bald bloke in a singlet come from the right hand side. I believe he lays Perez (if it is him - could never remember there names) out, which I'd imagine he did because he was injured previously. Savio's lads didnt last long after Mania, so he might have went down with an injury beforehand and they just wheeled him out to make up the numbers. I remember around that time, most of the Los Boriquas got injured, including Savio around the Summer time.

Either that or he saw what Sunny was wearing and had to pop back for a quick wank.

• Paid Members

Some bloke is showing every Royal Rumble, back to back, here. The '98 Rumble's currently on. One thing of note straight off the bat is how over the Headbangers are when they come out. Both get really big pops. Foley getting three goes as Cactus Jack, Mankind and Dude Love is a tonne of fun too.

My Rumble predictions.

I want CM Punk to win because he is on an incredible roll at the moment and is the only true contender with any momentum going into the match.

I think the most likely winner is John Cena as the company's biggest star.

My outside chance pick, who i wouldn't mind seeing winning the Rumble is The Big Show. I just think it's his turn to be in the major spotlight. If Mysterio can win a Rumble once, they had Benoit win it as a reward and it seems with no repeat winners in recent years they go with someone new and someone who has been around a while and for that he is my outside top pick.

As for the Mania main event i can see it being either Miz/Cena or Punk/Cena. Miz/Cena/Punk would also be a good choice.

I think Miz/Cena is pretty much a lock for WrestleMania. The amount of time they're having on screen together the last couple of weeks isnt going to be for nothing.

In saying that, I still wouldnt be suprised if Cena doesnt win the Rumble. It seems a bit too obvious he'll win it, so im thinking he'll get his shot some other way, maybe some sort of No1 contender match with Punk at Elimination Chamber if they don;t stick them both in the title match.

Can't see Triple H winning it if he does return, would be too much of a rehash from last year, and Sheamus would probably have to win the WWE Title at Elimination Chamber too just like Jericho last year. Im hoping Triple H comes back and ends up just brawling with Sheamus and they both end up eliminated and just brawl to the back etc. Though I cant help but think Triple H would warrant a bigger return than just coming in the Rumble and getting eliminated.

We shall see I suppose. Cena's still my pick, but I actually wouldnt be shocked to see Alberto Del Rio win it, he's probably the only other person bar Cena, who hasnt stopped mentioning the Rumble in all his promos for the past few weeks, and seems to be building himself up heavily to win it.

Should be a good show though, suspect Kong debuts in the womens bit, Miz hopefully finally gets the clean pin on Orton, and I think Ziggler's going to win the World Title. Looking forward to it.

• Paid Members
I think Miz/Cena is pretty much a lock for WrestleMania.

Do you think? I reckon it will be Punk/Cena. In addition to being the hottest feud in WWE at the moment, Wrestlemania might be the first opportunity they get to have a 1-on-1 PPV match within this feud. This Sunday they will both be in the Rumble, next month there's a good chance they will be part of the Elmination Chamber match- so I think a Cena/Punk match is looking likely for Mania. Not sure where that would leave The Miz, possibly a WWE title match VS John Morrison? I think the one person that will be at a loose end with WWE not knowing what to do with them, will be Randy Orton. What on earth is he going to do at WrestleMania? And will it be interesting?

My pick for winning the Rumble is Del Rio. I think he will challenge Edge for the world heavyweight title at Mania.

Hang on...

Was that footage edited / have new commentary put onto it? I swear LOD came out as Legion of Doom 2000 and not as "just" the Legion of Doom.

I think Miz/Cena is pretty much a lock for WrestleMania.

Do you think? I reckon it will be Punk/Cena. In addition to being the hottest feud in WWE at the moment, Wrestlemania might be the first opportunity they get to have a 1-on-1 PPV match within this feud. This Sunday they will both be in the Rumble, next month there's a good chance they will be part of the Elmination Chamber match- so I think a Cena/Punk match is looking likely for Mania. Not sure where that would leave The Miz, possibly a WWE title match VS John Morrison? I think the one person that will be at a loose end with WWE not knowing what to do with them, will be Randy Orton. What on earth is he going to do at WrestleMania? And will it be interesting?

My pick for winning the Rumble is Del Rio. I think he will challenge Edge for the world heavyweight title at Mania.

See I thought Cena/Punk would make sense for WrestleMania, but it just seems the way Cena and Miz keep interacting on Raw lately is setting up their fued. I can't believe they;d be interacting that much if it wasnt leading to something, unless of course it's leading to Cena winning the belt in the Elimination Chamber then a triple threat at WrestleMania. I'd prefer Cena v Punk but I can't see it.

My title match ideas are:

WWE Title Cena vs Punk, punk could win the title at Chamber could easily be a good feud/match for mania.

WORLD Title Edge © vs Zig vs Miz vs Orton

they've been mixing the past few weeks and a 4way would be less pressure on miz or zig both having there first single match & Main event at mania, and would be less predictable, I know its two brands but its never stopped them before

Archived