Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a John Cena Royal Rumble match win this year, and to beat either Miz or Punk at Wrestlemania. So I also want The Miz to keep his belt, becuase so far he has been a great champion. Randy Orton is dull and boring, and I don't think I can manage watching Raw with him stinking up the belt again.

I'm hoping for a John Cena Royal Rumble match win this year, and to beat either Miz or Punk at Wrestlemania. So I also want The Miz to keep his belt, becuase so far he has been a great champion. Randy Orton is dull and boring, and I don't think I can manage watching Raw with him stinking up the belt again.

agreed, orton doesnt even need the belt. being champion is doing miz wonders.

Not to jump on the hater bandwagon, but I'd hate the win and the moment of John Cena winning. He just doesn't need it at this moment. He is feuding with Punk anyway.

I'd love to see someone new, maybe a sneaky heel Del Rio win? I'd like to see Morrison win it then challenge the Miz but I think Morrison's title shot was just a one off for the mean time.

...but I can't rule out a surprise Triple H return and win a la Edge and of course John Cena.

Also can we discuss the Smackdown Spoiler stuff in here or do we wait until Friday night?

Also can we discuss the Smackdown Spoiler stuff in here or do we wait until Friday night?

I guess you can if you use spoiler tags. I'm all for an Alberto Del Rio Smackdown title win as well, but it would be even better if they started writing better shows for Smackdown so I could actauly watch his reign.

Cena winning the belt at 'Mania? Horrible idea.

Considering the amount of fresh talent they've been pushing in recent months, I'm certainly hoping for something far more original.

Like what? I'm in agreement that title wins for the likes of Cena (and Edge, and Orton) are too frequent now to mean anything, but what else have WWE got for babyface championship contenders? Maybe Triple H because he's been gone so long, but he's won the title so many times it'd probably still just be unoriginal and meaningless.

Miz is still too new at the top to really be able to pull anyone else up as well, so it's not like they can really do a surprise elevation of Morrison/Kofi/whoever without it making the WWE title match seem midcardy. I'd probably go with Miz vs Cena at WrestleMania and give Miz the win, but it depends on what the plans for the Cena/Nexus stuff are.

Like what? I'm in agreement that title wins for the likes of Cena (and Edge, and Orton) are too frequent now to mean anything, but what else have WWE got for babyface championship contenders? Maybe Triple H because he's been gone so long, but he's won the title so many times it'd probably still just be unoriginal and meaningless.

Miz is still too new at the top to really be able to pull anyone else up as well, so it's not like they can really do a surprise elevation of Morrison/Kofi/whoever without it making the WWE title match seem midcardy. I'd probably go with Miz vs Cena at WrestleMania and give Miz the win, but it depends on what the plans for the Cena/Nexus stuff are.

I'm not against Cena main eventing, just winning the belt. Of course, if he's at 'Mania, he is a main event talent. But this year I feel like, if he is in a title match, he should be used to put whoever over.

Same with HHH to be honest.

• Awards Moderator
Lawler for the rumble win. fuck it.

I wouldn't bet against him being in the last three or four remaining. The way I see it, it comes down to Lawler, Big Show, probably Sheamus and the returning Triple H. Triple H entered at, let's say, #18, while Lawler had a single digit entry number, and through surviving this long, has used his Lawler magic to make people think maybe, just maybe, he could win it. He even manages to eliminate Big Show, and it comes down to the King vs. the King of the Ring vs. the King of Kings. Sheamus, dastardly Irish bastard that he is, Brogue Kicks Lawler over the top rope, allowing for a Sheamus-HHH final stretch in which Triple H gets revenge on the man who injured him by eliminating him and winning the Rumble.

You can then go into Sheamus vs. HHH at Elimination Chamber, with perhaps a HHH - Edge World Title match at 'Mania?

As for Lawler, I wouldn't be opposed to Lawler vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania...

This won't happen, of course, I'm predicting far too specifically. But I'm still going for a Triple H return and win.

• Paid Members

Sheamus to be in the ring when Triple H enters at number 30, Triple H eliminates him, but Sheamus costs him the rumble, disracting him long enough for a surprise win for someone like Del Rio or Morrison or someone equally random.

Maybe not the second part, but I'd imagine the Sheamus-HHH variant to be about right.

Archived